WWE14 coming for PS3/X360...but not WiiU

Dr_Mayus

According to Pwinsider TakeTwo annouced that the new WWE game will be coming out for PS3 and X360. I can't believe that Nintendo is getting ignored by every 3rd party company, especially after they made such a big deal about 3rd parties 2 E3 ago.

Take Two Interactive Software, while revealing their fourth quarter results for 2013 yesterday, noted their 2014 rollout of product.

WWE TK14, which will be debuting on 10/29, will be released for PS3 and XBox 360. It will be the first WWE game in several years not released on the Nintendo Wii platform.

http://pwinsider.com/article/77541/platforms-for-new-wwe-14-videogame-will-be.html?p=1

Dude, Madden 2014 was announced as not coming to the Wii-U also. I think developers have caught on that the system is for kids, not gamers.

http://www.techinvestornews.com/Gaming/Gaming-User-News/there-will-be-no-madden-2014-for-the-wii-u

I really hope Nintendo is able to port smartphone games to the Wii U to turn things around! [Ok, I SO totally did not type that with a straight face ;)]

Dude, Madden 2014 was announced as not coming to the Wii-U also. I think developers have caught on that the system is for kids, not gamers.

http://www.techinvestornews.com/Gaming/Gaming-User-News/there-will-be-no-madden-2014-for-the-wii-u

I really hope Nintendo is able to port smartphone games to the Wii U to turn things around! [Ok, I SO totally did not type that with a straight face ;)]

Madden isn't coming :o. That is really funny especially after EA and Nintendo made such a big deal out of working with each other back in 2011

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53465/ea-wii-u-partnership-video-from-nintendo-press-conference-e3-2011/

To make this even more desparate in th "Land of Mario", check this out -

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/05/08/least-15-games-ea-are-not-coming-wii-u

and I quote -

"So it stands to reason that if a game is being developed using the new engine it will not be coming to the Wii U. According to this NeoGAF forum thread there are at least 15 games being developed right now that use DICE's new engine including Battlefield 4, Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age 3, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, Need For Speed 2013 and several unannounced Star Wars titles from Visceral and DICE. After E3 next month you can probably expect to see that list grow even more..." No wonder Nintendo is not actively participating in E3!!!

It seems the only developer intent on making games for the Wii-U is Nintendo themselves . . .

Edited by Bullstomp

Does this series even sell very well? I really don't see this as a big loss but it is funny to see all the third party support Nintendo promised jump ship.

Parker

Well.. let me check VGChartz.

WWE 12 sold 2.49m sales collectively on three consoles, with the least sales on Wii, .31m.

and WWE 13 sold 2.11 collectively on three consoles. with the least sales once again on Wii, .12m.

And I don't think they need that much money to make the games, hopefully Take Two changes that.

Will Nintendo ever just surrender? It's obvious they made a HORRIBLE decision with the WiiU. Release current gen/last gen tech and right when the incredible and powerful systems are right around the corner!

Nintendo fucked themselves over for various reason. 

• The Wii U is EXTREMELY underpowered compared to the PS4 and assumingly the next XBOX.  It's obvious those two consoles will complete with each other, being the heavy hitters.  Seeing these two consoles overpower the hell out of the Wii U, it's only logical for developers to make games for the systems that can handle the games they make.  Everything that would be released on the Wii U would have to be watered down.
  • The Wii U?  It would have been nice to make a different name, to differentiate yourself from the Wii.  Not many people are aware this is a new console.  They just assume its a tablet add on.
  • Because of the name, which is a major reason people just assume its a tablet add on, console sales for the Wii U aren't all that great.  Because of no major first party games released during launch, console sales are not so hot.  Because console sales are not all that great ,developers don't want to take the risk in losing profits towards a system that's not selling. If consoles are not selling, people are not buying games.
  • Im a huge Nintendo fan, and I still think the tablet is a gimmick.

Nintendo isn't in trouble for the foreseeable future, but damn, they need to pick up the pace.