Dinkus's Ridiculous Backlog

Dinkus83

6 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Well, the answer to your question regarding the spoiler tag is here: 

Reveal hidden contents

text

But looking at your backlog list, I don't imagine seeing you on this forum until like 2025 or something :awesome:

Thanks for that. I will be sure to read it! I probably did when I joined, but didn’t ever mess with the forums much before. 

That's a long list man, good luck with that

1 hour ago, Dinkus83 said:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Are you going for plats (well 100% completion then)? If so then I highly recommend putting this game as priority since the servers are shutting down 15th october and wont be 100% achievable anymore

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Well, then, welcome to the forums!  Joining some events will definitely help keep you on track with your PS3 backlog.  It works for me keeping me focused.

Thanks! I did sign up for a couple events, and that's what got me into the forums. Thought it would definitely help with the focus, and is why I started making an exhaustive list so that I can keep tabs on what I have without digging through my PS3 download list (because I hate that list lol).

15 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

That's a long list man, good luck with that

Are you going for plats (well 100% completion then)? If so then I highly recommend putting this game as priority since the servers are shutting down 15th october and wont be 100% achievable anymore

Thanks for the heads up! I did notice that one and Twisted Metal while I was compiling my list. Haven't decided yet what to do with them, as I have played both some on my son's account but not at all on my own account.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zach said:

@Dinkus83 Beyond Good and Evil is a classic.

Yeah it is. Loved that game on PS2 and still can't believe that I never finished it up after getting the HD version. Definitely on my soon list!

Also, made an update. Finished up Little Riddle and started back on Invizimals last night. These are both games I picked for the Backlog Pyramid event, so making good progress so far :) I also added completion percentages to the games in the list for reference, because quite a few have already been played at some point. Might help me pick what's next.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 11:44 AM, Lorajet said:

@Dinkus83  I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my games, and what I should be focusing on.  Sometimes I get distracted, but not too often!

I have one of those too! I made it when studying for my Excel expert certification earlier this year, to play around with the stuff that I haven't done much to help me remember how to do it  ;) It got a bit too complicated I think, so now when I look at it I spend a lot of time playing around with filters & whatnot before possibly deciding on anything (Have I mentioned yet that I'm easily distracted?). It's a very awesome spreadsheet though lol. Also, this list is easier to look at on my phone if I'm bored at work or something (I'm not a huge fan of the phone version of Excel, though I use it occasionally if I have to).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dinkus83 said:

I have one of those too! I made it when studying for my Excel expert certification earlier this year, to play around with the stuff that I haven't done much to help me remember how to do it  ;) It got a bit too complicated I think, so now when I look at it I spend a lot of time playing around with filters & whatnot before possibly deciding on anything (Have I mentioned yet that I'm easily distracted?). It's a very awesome spreadsheet though lol. Also, this list is easier to look at on my phone if I'm bored at work or something (I'm not a huge fan of the phone version of Excel, though I use it occasionally if I have to).

Definitely need it for quite a few of our games and where we are.  I now use it to keep track of all the games I own that aren't loaded on the backlog.  Forgot about half of these things :awesome:

• Like 2

Updated. I had a pretty productive holiday yesterday lol. Finished up Invizimals, played some Braid and InFamous. I ended up starting over completely in Infamous because its been so long since I played it that I didn't remember anything, so it will probably be a bit before my trophy progress moves there, but I am working on it :). I get an extra day off this week because of the incoming hurricane, so if that doesn't go badly and we actually don't lose power, I may get an extra day of gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

Random update time! Ended up with a lot of extra gaming time over the past week or so, so I have made some progress here. Completed 2 chapters on the Tales of Monkey Island, so only 2 more left there. I also went through Syberia using a guide which is not what I would generally prefer on that type of game, but I wasn't feeling the game much the first time I'd turned it on (the control was too clunky and there were times I had trouble getting to spots I knew I needed to get to). Also after looking closer at the trophies and seeing the timed one, I knew already that this wasn't a game I wanted to come back and play again just to get that trophy. The story was fine, though I didn't get to enjoy it as much since I was using the guide and under time constraints.

I'm working my way through inFamous still. Just have the evil/hard playthrough to finish up, and I will have to go back to my good save to get 2 stunts that irritated me until I decided I'd just come back to try them later. I spent some time on Braid and finished up the puzzle pieces that I'd missed when I played it before. I tried a bit on the speed run, but decided that I am not coordinated or fast enough to get that trophy without a lot of effort. At least I got most of the trophies, but it is going back to the backlog for the time being and has been swapped out on my backlog pyramid for Cuboid. I also added Arc the Lad to my currently playing games; even though it is a PS4 game, I had it almost finished before distracting myself with my PS3 nonsense and I realized that it needs to get done before it too ends up in the backlog.

After deleting some finished games, I downloaded others from my list, so those have been swapped around as well. Also, added inFamous: Festival of Blood (cuz, yay free games!) and removed inFamous 2 (cuz apparently its an inFamous game that we actually don't own...how did that happen?). I believe it is all up to date now :)

Children took over the PS3 this weekend, so I've been on the PS4. Decided I should probably keep 1 PS4 game on my current list, so that whenever this happens I'll have to stick to that one game and help out the PS4 backlog as well. Finished up Arc the Lad today. And Boreas discoverer seems to have actually been patched with the latest update in Stories, as it just randomly popped while I went back to grind out a level or two!

Zgh2789.png

Really excited since that had really deterred me even more from grinding the xp to max out my skills, as I might not have been to get the plat anyway. 8 more skill points to grind there and I can be done without worrying about that bug anymore :D I may finish it this evening before I regain control of the PS3, otherwise next time I have a PS4 day it should get done fairly quick.

Edit: Also had a friend return a few games, so I had to add them to the list. And, I finally found a friend to borrow Ice Age 3 from, so I can finally finish up the couple trophies I've had missing on that game for years! It's been a great weekend :)

Edited by Dinkus83

• 2 weeks later...

So, October is over and I've updated everything. Looking over it all, I feel like I made pretty good progress this month :) I was really hoping to get my unearned trophies number down, but ended up with a couple big games accidentally added to my profile by other people, so that didn't happen. I did keep the number pretty close to the same though, so considering, I'm still ok with it lol. My son had made a folder on the PS3 with deletable games and I've mostly cleared that out. (He cares nothing for the point & click adventure games, so that's why I've made it through a decent number of those so far.) Only 3 games left there, so he'll have to add more soon :yay:

My biggest accomplishment for the month was definitely inFamous :platinum:. Still very excited that I finished that one! I'm really, really horrible at aiming in games, so I have a tough time with those that require it. I still have fun with actiony games though, even if I suck. Persistence is my strategy ;) inFamous was fairly forgiving with frequent checkpoints for when I died (which was pretty regularly on hard lol) and not always having to aim perfectly (cuz grenades FTW!). Was sad when I realized that we don't actually have inFamous 2 (I guess it was from a friend's account who had it free from PS+, but he no longer has PS+ and I had to delete it :(), so I'll have to keep an eye out for that one on a sale so that I can continue the story sometime.

Halfway through my backlog pyramid! I've finished up Cuboid too, except for the create levels trophy. Have to wait a couple hours between submissions, so I should get that one finished in the next day or two. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that game before; really gives the brain a workout :) Ratchet & Clank is a work in process as well. I started a new game since it had been so long, plus I was playing it with my son then, so we weren't playing on hard; would've had to start over for difficulty anyway. So, I have made progress there, but not enough for it to be reflected by new trophies yet. My classes this term are hardcore on homework, so I haven't had as much time this past week either. Because of that and upcoming holidays, my progress will be slower until sometime in December I'm guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've finished my homework early this week (30 minutes to spare, what!) and my son has taken over the TV and has a holiday tomorrow, I figured this was a perfect time to update my list :)

I finally finished up Ratchet & Clank yesterday and it was a very fun game. Gonna have to play another of those one day. Also went back for the trophies in chapter 1 of King's Quest, but I don't own the other chapters and probably won't get them unless its an awesome sale since my backlog is so huge already. Went ahead and moved it to the complete section, as that is likely the best percentage I'll end up with for it. I have been working this past week on adding info to my list for games that have online trophy requirements so that I can try to prioritize those. I've also been giving some thought to the next group of games to play, since I'm 7/10 on the current pyramid. I keep changing my mind though, so hopefully by the time I'm done with this one I'll have it figured out lol. I definitely have Beyond Good & Evil in there and Need for Speed Rivals. I realized that I completely neglected my racing games with the last pyramid, so I will probably have 2 in the next group :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Day late on the monthly update this time, but was busy with lots of college football watching yesterday. Roll Tide! (Don't ask how it happened. I did not see that coming.) And then I finally had some time to play FFXV DLC last night, so I had to take that opportunity while it was there :D But, now I have lost control of my TV...again. So, update time before I have to get homework done.

I didn't complete as many games this month, but with the holiday and people visiting I think I've done pretty well anyway. I did a lot of swapping around on the PS3 a couple weeks ago as well. Was trying to make room for GTA IV because I really wanted to play it one day (and I should start on it soonish anyway). Then I had a friend decide that I needed to play D3 with him :| GTA is there now, at least, so whenever I have time I can get started on it. Also, changed my backlog pyramid because of Diablo.

I enjoyed my time with the games I did finish this month. Beyond Good & Evil is awesome and I'm looking forward to the new one, whenever they get it released. Costume Quest 2 was just as fun as the first one. And Ratchet & Clank was a good time as well. I have the one on PS4 to complete someday, but I'll probably keep an eye out for more of these. And, my completion percentage did finally break the 40% mark!! It was actually right at 40, I think, when the month ended, but then my delay in updating added a couple FFXV trophies.

December will probably be mostly filled with FFXV and Diablo for at least the first half of the month. (Only a couple days left before our visitors go home and I'll have my TV back mostly under my control ;)) We'll see what happens once my school break starts mid-month. I always think I'll have extra time to play games and it often doesn't work out that way at all. I still need to get back to finishing up Disney Universe as well. My son and I had loads of fun with that game when he was little, but it's not nearly as fun by myself. I am hoping to have my first backlog pyramid complete by the end of the year. Then I'll have to really work on getting games finished for the 12 days holiday event here.