You can buy RDR 2 at 9:00 pm local time thursday

dunbay

It appears only at gamestop:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/10/22/release-date-gamestop-will-be-selling-red-dead-redemption-2-early/#3fe44f0e3b9e

Seems like an actual appropriate time now instead of the norm midnight releases. This time around its probably better to get a physical copy if you wanna play asap.

Edited by dunbay

14 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'll be at GameStop at 9 PM to pick up my ultimate edition. :D

Me too! I was about to purchase it on PSN, but then I seen my local gamestop is doing the 9PM release. Plus, having the physical version of the Ultimate Edition is always better with the steelbook and the map. :)

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'll be at GameStop at 9 PM to pick up my ultimate edition. :D

Same. Headed to the store after work to pick up my copy. Won't be able to play until Saturday when I get home unfortunately. 

If someone missed out on preordering the steel book edition, I'm getting a second copy later this weekend I'll sell at cost. PM if interested (US only please, unless you're willing to pay shipping). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parker said:

The GameStop by me has been doing this for "midnight releases" for a while now, I wonder if most stores have been doing that?

Parker

The earliest I recall was The Witcher 3 on consoles. They started letting them be sold at like 5 PM on the day before the scheduled release date.