PSN and mastercard region aren't similar

TAHA_ELNAFATI

6 minutes ago, TAHA_ELNAFATI said:

I currently have a British PSN account and a mastercard that contains 100$ can I buy normally from the british store with the mastercard 

and will the money convert from American US dollars to British Pounds

or what will happen

It sounds like you have a prepaid card (basically a gift card but in the form of general credit rather than to specific store) I often ran into issues with using prepaid cards in the past. I was able to get around it by using paypal. Although I'm not sure if the currency change would present an issue. 

3 minutes ago, KillerUni12 said:

It sounds like you have a prepaid card (basically a gift card but in the form of general credit rather than to specific store) I often ran into issues with using prepaid cards in the past. I was able to get around it by using paypal. Although I'm not sure if the currency change would present an issue. 

That's what I was thinking too.

I would say just try it and see, but my worry would be that it goes through and mastercard gives you a really unfavorable exchange rate and/or exchange fees. (My bank card is a Mastercard and they charge me both internationally, but I don't know if that's coming from the card or my bank)

If you don't have any other use for the 100$ then I would try it.

• Like 1

For me my card didn't actually work. I live in the UK and have british credit cards, but used to live in Japan and Ireland (so I have my main JP psn account and also a Irish Euro psm account) and for some reason my UK credit cards don't work on either of my accounts due to region and currency difference. So I just buy PSN cards online. 

If your card does work, I would assume that they just use the current exchange rate in the region of the psn account, so in your case it would be the UK from dollar to pound as PSN doesn't have seperate rates.

You could always buy something cheap like a dlc and see how much they charge in terms of rates.

13 minutes ago, Babsimabuse said:

Set both as primary console

And what is that?

14 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For me my card didn't actually work. I live in the UK and have british credit cards, but used to live in Japan and Ireland (so I have my main JP psn account and also a Irish Euro psm account) and for some reason my UK credit cards don't work on either of my accounts due to region and currency difference. So I just buy PSN cards online. 

If your card does work, I would assume that they just use the current exchange rate in the region of the psn account, so in your case it would be the UK from dollar to pound as PSN doesn't have seperate rates.

You could always buy something cheap like a dlc and see how much they charge in terms of rates.

So does the PSN automatically perform the currency change ?

On 03/11/2018 at 9:24 PM, TAHA_ELNAFATI said:

So does the PSN automatically perform the currency change ?

I can't say, as normally the UK store does not accept credit cards in other currencies, just pound credit cards. My UK credit cards don't work on my Euro account. 

Also, I had bought prepaid psn cards online instead, so it was the site that I'd bought them that did it (play asia). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I can't say, as normally the UK store does not accept credit cards in other currencies, just pound credit cards. My UK credit cards don't work on my Euro account. 

Also, I had bought prepaid psn cards online instead, so it was the site that I'd bought them that did it (play asia). 

I'll try it anyways

thanks by the way

On 11/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, TAHA_ELNAFATI said:

well it says Family Card it was made by the government in my country (Libya) to families everyone gets 500$ every year 

wow a government that gives 500 dollar to every family every year, sign me up looks like the best country in the world

2 minutes ago, chellesan said:

wow a government that gives 500 dollar to every family every year, sign me up looks like the best country in the world

well you might like that but there are consequences:

1- War

2-there is no cash in the banks often comes every 2 months or so 

3-The light cuts out alot

4-worst internet in the world that's a fact:http://www.dospeedtest.com/blog/which-country-has-the-worlds-slowest-internet-speed/

5-Third world country

1 hour ago, TAHA_ELNAFATI said:

It is I guess I'm gonna buy from there

but do they ship it to you or send you the code?

If u buy there psn cards, after they recieved the payment u check ur order. If its paid u go to the live chat write em the payment number. And then u go to settings " recieved card code " put there ur password and there r ur cards. Im gold member on seagm. Its a good side, never had issues with em. So if u pay with paypal, credit card, paysafe u get it immediately after u placed ur payment .

13 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

If u buy there psn cards, after they recieved the payment u check ur order. If its paid u go to the live chat write em the payment number. And then u go to settings " recieved card code " put there ur password and there r ur cards. Im gold member on seagm. Its a good side, never had issues with em. So if u pay with paypal, credit card, paysafe u get it immediately after u placed ur payment .

so they send it to you in the website or email?

I use Offgamers. Since I don't live in UK anymore and don't want to create a new account, Offgamers is a good website for purchasing UK PSN Network cards, or gift cards for Steam, Google Play, iTunes, etc. I've been using them for the past 2-3 years without any issues.