Ok I need help with the final new boss in comrads

Taliesin_2943

The infernian I have 2 dragon whiskers level 120 super high strengh and other stats 100% for resist fire and I actually do great till the second phase then he ragdoll my party then his fire attacks the ones I'm supposed to be basically immune to hit me like a freit train nocking my life bar low but all this is fine what's not fine is every time I get near or right into the 3rd phase he will just smack me to the ground I'll have most if my life bar but I just collapse get up collapse get up I can't do anything but exite the game and this is every time almost and I've tried intentionally failing once do my party gets meat and he just seems to staetviff using second phase abilities wiping outvtge party and me rapidly. 

So what do I do ? Will leveling help I've been told it dosnt do much cause the weapins are what determine stuff

What level are you? I think the bare minimum for beating it is like 45+ but if you need to grind some levels I would do that one level 99 mission with the Zu since you can level up pretty quickly that way. It's only kind of true that levels don't matter too much but gaining levels will help level up your attack which is something that's important.

Otherwise there's not really much advice I can give. If you aren't already, try using the Sigil that lets you stay in the air when you move the left stick while attacking. If you can time it right then you should be able to dodge his swings whenever he swings his sword either at you or your allies. And as aggravating as it is, it can help to keep your comrades alive by healing them whenever you can, especially Elea since she seems to be the only one among them that does a decent amount of damage because she uses ice attacks. Unforunately she tends to bite the dust pretty quickly because as far as I can tell she doesn't dodge or keep her distance as much as the others try to.

The only other thing that might help is using The Fierce Sigil (I think that's what it's called) which basically has it where your Warp Strikes have you kick him in the face and your L1 + R1 attack does a Kamehameha on him when it's fully charged. It's pretty useful since regular Warp Strikes have a pretty decent invincibility frame and the Kamehameha beam has invincibility frames and does a fair amount of damage to him. Even with this strategy it's still pretty ideal to at least try and keep one or two of your companions alive because they can at least heal you or put some extra damage in during the third phase.

So yeah, try those out and if you really need to try leveling up a bit with the level 99 Zu mission. When I did it, I would occasionally get someone joining me so I think it's a known Exp grinding mission. As far as the right level I think I did it when I was level 77 or something around there. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be that high but I figured better safe than sorry because the fight is just a slog.

And also whatever you do make sure you don't die in a corner or a place where there's an invisible wall. I've had a frustrating time with this fight not just because it's a boring slog but because it would glitch or the AI companions would just start acting weird for reasons I could not figure out. But I've had it happen a few times where if I died in a corner or what I'm guessing was an invisible wall I would be stuck in a death loop and I would not be able to revive. And with the AI companions I've had it happen where if I hit "Retry" one of them would be laying on the ground and not moving for a while and then other times after they revived they would just stop moving at all. The whole thing was one of the most unpleasant boss fights I've ever done and I just find it dumb that for a mode that emphasizes co-op with other players it forces you to play with horrible AI companions. It gets really irritating in the third phase where they will seem to just not know how to run out of the lava floor and just die on their own.

He screwed me the first time I fought him also, second time was a cake walk though.

Use Rogue Sigil which gives access to Aerial Ace (irc). Just keep your distance and when he teleports and attacks, Warp Strike him asap. You will completely dodge the attack and will get into an air combo which you can continue with the Rogue Sigil. Rinse and repeat for an easy fight. I was able to pretty much clear it without taking damage. Besides a couple of knock backs he really shouldn't hit you at all. If you're MP is starting to get too low, just point-warp to one of the street lights and you'll be sweet.

Rogue Sigil isn't necessary but I found it to be the best anyways. 

Edited by SmilexBomb

I cheesed him to victory. I was lvl 33 and had only like 500 strength. There's a glitch you can pull off to get Ifrit stuck on the environment, and then you just equip a decent crossbow and shoot him to death. Took me about an hour of holding down R1+O, but since all I was going for was the trophy I was okay with that since it meant avoiding pointless grinding.

I beat Ifrit yesterday on my first try, which surprised me given all the comments I heard about how difficult this battle was.  I simply attacked Ifrit as fast as I could using Aerial Ace, moved away when my health was low, healed, and attacked again.  I went into the danger zone quite a bit.  Once Ifrit's health was low, I went crazy on the attack to kill him before I died.  I used a lvl 120 Dragon Whisker with double Penetrator X, which allowed me to basically do 9,999 dmg on most attacks.  I had 3,000 strength and 1,100 vitality at lvl 57.  And I had not finished optimizing my character's  weaponry.

I beat him with lvl 39 and 900 strength overall. I only grinded one Dragonwhisker to lvl 95 withouth Double Penetrator X. I got a second weapon with low stats but 96 % Fire resistance (which saved my ass at the end) and i beat him very easily on my first try aswell. I only did 200 dmg with every single strike at the end and it took me 70 minutes... but ohwell. I saved grinding for another 20 Hours 'yay

On 11/23/2018 at 0:37 AM, Redgrave said:

The only other thing that might help is using The Fierce Sigil (I think that's what it's called) which basically has it where your Warp Strikes have you kick him in the face and your L1 + R1 attack does a Kamehameha on him when it's fully charged. It's pretty useful since regular Warp Strikes have a pretty decent invincibility frame and the Kamehameha beam has invincibility frames and does a fair amount of damage to him. Even with this strategy it's still pretty ideal to at least try and keep one or two of your companions alive because they can at least heal you or put some extra damage in during the third phase.

This is the easiest way I found to beat him. Took a little under 15 minutes with 1500 STR/VIT. Just warp to warp point, warp attack, warp to warp point. When the gauge is full, just stand in the middle of the platform and wait for him to show up, and pop it immediately - it will do massive damage. Then repeat your warp point - warp attack loop. Rinse and repeat to victory.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:33 AM, JABing said:

This is the easiest way I found to beat him. Took a little under 15 minutes with 1500 STR/VIT. Just warp to warp point, warp attack, warp to warp point. When the gauge is full, just stand in the middle of the platform and wait for him to show up, and pop it immediately - it will do massive damage. Then repeat your warp point - warp attack loop. Rinse and repeat to victory.

Basically what I did but I had 2,038 STR, 453 VIT, 4,857 HP and 150MP. Level 61. I was actually able to spam the hell out of warp strike before I had to find a warp point. Might have even take less than 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

So, I've just finished Comrades DLC and for anyone who is currently working on it - you don't need to have crazy stats and fully maxed out weapons.

Ifrit glitch is still working...although it's a bit tricky to pull off. I managed to kill Ifrit with just over 900 STR (other stats don't matter).

Things you need:

- Any crossbow. The higher the damage - the better. I used a regular Piercing Bow that can be bought from the merchant (it has an amazing passive skill for this glitch)

-- Upgrade your crossbow with as much Strength buff as you can. If you are using Piercing Bow, make sure to transform it to the Penetrator Bow for some extra leveling.

--- Make sure to get x1 for the Undaunted X passive skill

- Fill the other 3 gear slots with as many Strength focused weapons as you can (the more Str you will have - the less time it will take to kill Ifrit)

- Get yourself a juicy Attack buff from some random mission (anything works, but obviously Atk Level 5 boost is the best)

Now for the fight:

- Head over to the Insomnia and start the fight. Your goal is to bring his health down about 80% (this is when he goes into his second phase and becomes all firey).

- After that, let your AI teammates die EXCEPT for Libertus.

- Once that done, jump to the lower part of the level (take the staircase or just jump off the bridge) and wait until Ifrit joins you down there.

- Quickly run toward the stairs and force Ifrit to follow you up the stairs (stay within a 1-2 warps distance from him)

- Position yourself and Ifrit like this (I apologize for the crappy quality, couldn't move my PS4 controller): https://imgur.com/a/9hKeMUN

Equip your crossbow and hold :circle:. If you position yourself at the right spot and do not move at all, Ifrit will be stuck in one spot doing absolutely nothing. Libertus will always stand next to you and buff your attacks. Depending on your stats and a crossbow, this method will take about 1-8 hours (took me about 2 hours). As I said, it's a bit tricky to find the right spot but it can be done. 

I hope that helps!

Level 60

STR: 1500

VIT: 800

Using The Rogue Sigil

Weapons: Dragon Whisker, Infinity Blade + 2 others for stat boosts

Some notes:

Damage to Ifrit's back and one of the AI's have a high chance of making Ifrit go vulnerable. In the beginning phase, if you aim for his back and go HAM, you can cause him to go vulnerable and have a ton of empty time to do free hits for massive damage. I've seen this happen 100% of the time and ONLY if I go for his back AND I have AI available. This can also happen in the second phase when he goes fire mode. 

During his fire mode, you CAN make him go vulnerable which will cancel his fire mode. I have managed to do this once when it was just me and Libertus but only because Libertus pulled hate and I went HAM on his back which caused him to go vulnerable. I have seen him ALSO go vulnerable when I had AI other than Libertus. 

I think this has to do with back damage and/or AI doing counters. Can't be sure for real mostly because I didn't care enough to experiment. I just saw a pattern and kept doing it. 

--

Dragon Whisker + The Rogue in the air outclasses a lot of other sigils. The warp strike boost from one of the abilities or the 50%/100% DEF down, personally, I felt was the most beneficial depending on your play style. If you want to play it safe and do a lot of warp strikes, you can't really go wrong with either setup. The warp strike boost will do more damage if you plan on doing A LOT of warp strike hits. Penetrator X is better if you warp strike and tag Ifrit one or two times with regular attacks before warping away. 

--

Infinity Blade is good for moments where Ifrit goes vulnerable. With 1500 STR and the two times I managed to get him to go vulnerable, I managed to do some insane amounts of damage before he went into fire mode. At my best, I managed to do 80% of his HP bar, at my worst, I've done 50% before fire mode. The 80% damage was from a lucky opportunity where he didn't go fire mode right away and didn't hit me for some time. After he stood back up, he walked around hitting other AI and I just stuck on him with 100+ hit combo with Infinity Blade. 

--

For the most part, during his fire mode, your best chance is to warp strike and tag him a few hits or warp strike and warp away. He has a couple of moves that are easily readable. 

1. Dash: He sometimes warps away to the center of the map near the entrance and then dashes to the center with a slash that turns him around putting his back towards the throne. 

2. Ground Smash: Ifrit will raise his swords and twirl them in the air and hit the ground hard which will cause a exploding trail that follows you. When you get enough distance, you can warp strike him on his side or back. I suggest his side because hitting him from the front will sometimes knock you away even if you're clear. 

3. Slash: This is a common attack. You can avoid this by simply jumping and warp striking his face. He will swing and go under you. 

4. Swipe: Some times, if you warp strike him in the air before he does an attack, he will swipe at you. Best always to warp strike him when he is in animation. 

5. Fire Missiles: He has two different versions of this: One will always be from the center of the map, the other will be where ever he is standing. If it is from the center, you can hide behind pillars and avoid damage altogether. If he is standing in the open and doing it. You can kind-of avoid it by warping around on the ground avoiding damage. I haven't found a really good way to avoid these without putting myself in a bad situation. I found it best to attempt to just warp strike and tagging him with damage, taking a hit which puts you in invincibility mode while you're rolling around taking damage. 

6. Fire Spread: Ifrit will swing his sword along the ground and cause fire to spread out from where he attacks. 

--

Ifrit is actually really easy and readable. It's more about how greedy you are on damage and how much endurance you have. The fight can take anywhere between 20 minutes to several hours depending on your approach.