Platinum still unobtainable: Season 5 without Trials

PG-Iceman

We Trophy Hunters must tell them, that this is crap. Give them hell in the forums! Then they tend to make changes.

Commonly a PS4 game needs to have a vanilla version, where players can get all trophies and obtain the Platinum Trophy.

With Forsaken this is no longer the case. The Trials of the Nine Trophy is unobtainable, due to the fact that the mode was canned for Season 4 & 5. This means Lest Ye Be Judged is unobtainable!

We know in the past that Bungie has changed the trophy descriptions for the Prestige Raid / Strikes.

So will there be an option in the near future to obtain this missing trophy? May it be changed to Iron Banner related or other content do make it available for everybody? New players are locked out of the platinum trophy.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/249877762

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

There is a source.... And if you had of asked me yesterday I could have found it lol.

The thread was pinned to the top of the Destiny reddit up until yesterday but now it's not pinned anymore.

Yeah, I can't find any mention of it. Hopefully, it's true though, it's the only trophy I need for the plat.

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yeah, I can't find any mention of it. Hopefully, it's true though, it's the only trophy I need for the plat.

Ah found it

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a0wppo/the_road_ahead/ealxjva/?context=1000

Just read the top two comments. The second one is from an official confirmed Bungie employee.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I've been meaning to try this game since a long while, but unobtainable trophies are a big turnoff for me, hopefully come December 4th it gets solved by Bungie and I can check for myself why my friends praised  this franchise so much.

Dont believe the hype.. honestly, I give it a 7 outta 10.. I enjoyed raids and multiplayer.. some special secrets exotic quests, too.. but the story and the plot were terrible.. very bad writing that was super lazy and undermined by the original destiny.. I’ve never played the original, by I’ve heard and seen enough to make an educated claim such as this.. the gameplay is alright but the mechanics will downright piss you off if you play it long enough.. all in all, I’m glad I waited until season 5 to play it.. the biggest challenge to get platinum in my honest opinion will be to complete Leviathan raid on prestige.. good luck if you start the journey.. and I pray you have patience

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

I’ve never played the original, by I’ve heard and seen enough to make an educated claim such as this

You clearly haven't lol. Destiny 1 might have had a barebones story, but the lore and the universe it built is incredible. It told the grander story through lore driven story telling and they hit it out of the park. Of course, the casual audience they were shooting for were never going to appreciate that style of story telling though, which was definitely their biggest mistake.

The weirdest part about it is that Elder Scrolls, and Souls, and at least a dozen other series, get praised for this style of story telling, when their lore isn't even half as good as the one getting panned IMO. It's a weird situation.

They wrote literal novels in game that were great reads and covered millions of years worth of lore. I definitely didn't read them all but I loved the ones I did. The Book of Sorrows alone was one of the better piece of lore I've ever seen.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1