God of War Discussion (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys as many of you know @Bushido7745785 and myself host a podcast called Plat Cast and every week we ask a topic for discussion here on psnprofiles and we read out your responses on our podcast.

This week we thought we would have a spoiler cast for God Of War since it was named Game of the Year at the Game Awards. So give us your impressions if the game, did you like it? Hate it? Give us your pros and cons of the game and we will add it to our discussion on the next episode! As always thank you guys very much. 

• Like 3

Really liked the switch up on the camera, and overall style of gameplay. God of War 2018 feels a lot more grounded and heavy, unlike the past games where I felt them very lightweight and "floaty."

Pros: Environments, Combat, Story, Characters

Cons: Story, Lake of Nine

The story was great, but in my opinion there are some pretty questionable decisions and events that had me scratching my head. As for the lake, it was just annoying to navigate if I'm honest (Mimir made up for it). ? Overall, I really loved it and look forward to whatever else Santa Monica Studios has in store for us.

SPIDER-MAN WAS ROBBED

Edited by Crazy

I really enjoyed the sense of scale that god of war accomplished. My jaw dropped several times during the game. The stranger first encounter, fighting the dragon, climbing the giant’s weapon, the world serpent, the blades of chaos reveal, I could go on. A fantastic game that I’m glad won game of the year. My only cons I have with the game is that I wish there were more boss fights, and the enemy variation was disappointing. I got tired of fighting that giant with the club over and over again. Also fuck that Valkyrie Queen. Got my platinum though ??

• Like 1

A great game worthy of its accolades. The series has always been great, but the games were starting to get repetitive. This revamp breathed life back into the series with great writing, cinematics, and game mechanics. I went into this one blind because I didn't want any of it to be spoiled for me and I was not disappointed. The first Dragon Ball-esque battle against Baldur had my jaw on the floor. When I finally got my Blades back it truly was like being reunited with an old friend. Though the story seemed to end somewhat abruptly, I was still pleasantly surprised with the twist and I am excited about the sequel. Platinum wasn't terribly difficult and once you learned the Valkyrie's patterns they went down easy enough. I hope everyone gets the chance to play this.

Edited by Bos10George
  • Like 1

I actually quite enjoyed it, have been a fan of the game series since the first one & when noticed it was going to go involve Norse mythology I was intrigued as have been so use to playing it with Greek mythology instead. I know in previous game you have a couple different weapons you get throughout the game with the blades of chaos being the main it made a change having an axe as you main weapon this time round instead of having the blades of chaos as the main. Unsure how I feel about Kratos having a slightly different voice & being viced by a different person, I know times change & you can't always have the same person voicing a character but it didn't quite feel right but at the same time it still felt like Kratos even with being voiced by someone else. It was nice to see Kratos having a family again & something to live for, was also a nice change seeing him try to give life skills to someone & also have that someone help out in fights as well. 

Whether there is a sequel or not to this new God Of War game we'll have to see but I'd like to see if there's ever one done with something like Egyptian mythology or someone other mythology from else where

absolutely amazing game imo. voice acting was on point, with some really emotional moments played out really well. combat was super fun and decently deep. graphics are obviously beautiful. the story is really well written, with Kratos having already changed so much from when we last saw him in GoW3, but still struggling to leave who he used to be behind and raise his son properly. the changes in theme for the game were really nice too, im a huge mythology fan so when i heard they were going to change pantheons i was incredibly excited.

i've been a GoW fan since PS2 and this game simply reinforced that. best game of the year to me. some games may have outdone GoW in certain aspects this year, but no game brought all of this together into a complete package this year.

Edited by danceswithsloths

I know a lot of gamers didn't care for the change to the old GoW formula, but for me it was a refreshing departure. I felt more for a tamer,calmer Kratos than I did for the temper filled version. Adding the dynamic with his son was something I initially thought would hamper the game, but that too I found to be a good change.

Combat was fun, especially after reclaiming those familiar blades. Story, environments, and characters were done well. I like the RPG elements a lot,too.

My only complaint would be that I thought there were too many side quest/collectibles, felt like artificially extending the game. Sometimes less is more.