How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

So I followed the instructions, downloaded the patch - and it says it's version 1.26 so it all went smoothly. But as soon as I started the game it began to download a 30GB patch for 1.29. Is anyone else having this issue, or do I just need to watch out for this when I am playing? Because if so I'll just reconnect my PS4 to my router.

21 minutes ago, happyman778 said:

So I followed the instructions, downloaded the patch - and it says it's version 1.26 so it all went smoothly. But as soon as I started the game it began to download a 30GB patch for 1.29. Is anyone else having this issue, or do I just need to watch out for this when I am playing? Because if so I'll just reconnect my PS4 to my router.

I take it you didn't fully read my answer. Every time you start the game it'll start downloading the latest patch (1.29). You can either pause/delete the patch download (it'll resume/restart the next time you boot the game) or you can just play offline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

I take it you didn't fully read my answer. Every time you start the game it'll start downloading the latest patch (1.29). You can either pause/delete the patch download (it'll resume/restart the next time you boot the game) or you can just play offline.

No, I did. I haven't changed the network settings, I still have it running through my laptop proxy. And despite this it still tries to install an update every time I start.  It's hardly a problem - I cancel it strait away - it's just an observation.

2 hours ago, kantera said:

Extra question, if I manage to make it work and play on 1.26, can I use my normal internet settings again or do I have to be always connected trough proxy server?

You can turn the settings back to normal if you want, you just have to take into account that every time you start the game it'll automatically start to download the latest patch (1.29). When it does just pause/delete the download and you don't have to worry until you boot up the game again. If you want to be sure the PS4 doesn't download/install the patch then you can just play with the internet off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

You can turn the settings back to normal if you want, you just have to take into account that every time you start the game it'll automatically start to download the latest patch (1.29). When it does just pause/delete the download and you don't have to worry until you boot up the game again. If you want to be sure the PS4 doesn't download/install the patch then you can just play with the internet off.

Ok, thanks for your reply!

Also be aware that when the console is left on for some time and you do nothing with it the newest patch might be auto downloaded and installed without your awareness. Happened two times on the PS4 where I installed 1.26 with this method. Activating the network connection only when you need it active seems to be the best idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Settings > System > Automatic Downloads > 

Uncheck Application Update Files

That should stop it from updating.

I thought that, too.

But: This setting does only affect console on stand by (This is also written down in the options description).

If console is left idle it still auto update games itself and there is no other setting then the one affecting console stand by behaviour.

See this link for reference: https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/auto_update_turnedo-esOb.html

By the way:

Even if Charles shows the message regarding to it closing after 30 minutes it is in truth still working in the background! You should notice that your PS4 is still loading the update.

If this is true for you also then let Charles stay in this state. Only restart it when your console stops loading the 1.26 update.

Edited by Geridian
URL as reference

38 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

As I asked before, I can go back to 1.26 even if I already have achieved some trophies, right?

You can go back but if your save file is from a higher version you can't use it so you'll have to start a new game.

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

You can go back but if your save file is from a higher version you can't use it so you'll have to start a new game.

You're talking Comrades saves or ANY saves of FFXV?

In any case it's no big deal. I don't have to play the main game ever again and in Comrades I was just shortly after the beginning.

But, seriously, I can't do a thing without some kind of a video tutorial ? Please, I'm willing to pay someone if it helps; I'm desperate! ?

43 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

You're talking Comrades saves or ANY saves of FFXV?

In any case it's no big deal. I don't have to play the main game ever again and in Comrades I was just shortly after the beginning.

But, seriously, I can't do a thing without some kind of a video tutorial 1f605.png Please, I'm willing to pay someone if it helps; I'm desperate! 1f602.png

Talking about all saves that were saved on a newer version. This is the case with practically any game, if you revert to a previous versions saves from the newer ones either don't work or cause issues. Some games like Diablo 3 even give you a warning after updating that if you save over your save you won't be able to use it if you revert to the previous version.

As for the tutorial have you at least tried following the instructions, they're not that hard with the images helping out since the hardest part is just setting Charlie up on the PC.

2 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Talking about all saves that were saved on a newer version. This is the case with practically any game, if you revert to a previous versions saves from the newer ones either don't work or cause issues. Some games like Diablo 3 even give you a warning after updating that if you save over your save you won't be able to use it if you revert to the previous version.

As for the tutorial have you at least tried following the instructions, they're not that hard with the images helping out since the hardest part is just setting Charlie up on the PC.

Hm, I'll try.

But is it okay if I already achieved a pair of trophies in the standalone version of Comrades? Or is it a problem?

33 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Hm, I'll try.

But is it okay if I already achieved a pair of trophies in the standalone version of Comrades? Or is it a problem?

The standalone version is considered a different game with its own separate trophy list so nothing can happen.

The only thing that could happen would be in the opposite direction where if you finish Comrades DLC then port the save to the standalone version (the save porting only works when going from the DLC to the standalone) some trophies from the Standalone Version might unlock either as soon as you load the game or when visiting certain menus (ex: the trophy for getting a level 99 Chocobo would unlock once you visit the ranch). Of course, this means less work if you plan on getting the platinum/100% on the standalone version.

Wow, I think I made it! It says 30,071 GB instead of 30,043 GB, but this is right, right? I have the EU version, so I hope that's the reason.

The only problem is that the download is slow and it takes 10 hours to complete. Is it possible to pause it for hours, turn off the console and resuming it when I can?

Edited by FulgidoLucio

1 hour ago, FulgidoLucio said:

The only problem is that the download is slow and it takes 10 hours to complete. Is it possible to pause it for hours, turn off the console and resuming it when I can?

You can resume the download anytime you want as long as you have the Proxy open when the PS4 tries to connect to the internet.

11 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

You can resume the download anytime you want as long as you have the Proxy open when the PS4 tries to connect to the internet.

Thank for all the support you gave me ^_^

3 minutes ago, Venocide said:

This looks complicated lol but I wanna give it a shot, I would like to 100% FFXV at some point. 

It looked difficult to me too, but if I made it, you can too.

Unfortunately, I'm going to settle for a 92%, because gold trophies from Gladio and Ignis episodes are too much for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for a well written guide! Easy to follow and it worked perfect for me!

On 2019-05-30 at 6:52 PM, Venocide said:

This looks complicated lol but I wanna give it a shot, I would like to 100% FFXV at some point. 

Yeah you will be able to do it! Just follow the steps in the OP, it looks complicated but following the guide was really easy! ?

• Like 1

Hi guys, 3 months ago I tried this guide for the downgrade, I succeeded, but today I'm back here since last night, my nephew has updated by mistake and now I can't follow the guide anymore. My problem is that on Charles, the .json file of version 1.29 no longer appears to me, there are only the file .pk, and therefore I cannot modify the json. Could anyone help me? I have the EU version digitally, the first release with the dlc Comrades in my collection, thanks.

EDIT: I solved everything using cracked Charles 4.2.6 (if I can, I'll put the Github link that can be used by everyone to solve the 30 minute problem) and unchecking "Preserve host in header fields" in "Edit Mapping". I believe this only works on those who, like me, have the basic digital version of FF XV, the first release on the market, and I believe that the fact of removing that check, must be written in the guide.

Edited by Elvitek
Important info.

Hello guys,

so I need your help for some explications. I follow the guide, and get the 1.2 version. After I want to take back the dlc comrade, but i didn't appear in my library. I have the three dlc Prompto Ignis and Gladiolus, with the comrade package stand alone, I try to get it with the royal pack, but when i go in the dlc menu in the game, game tell me my dlc aren't ready yet.

When i take the royal pack, the size is 4 go and no 7 go.

So i don't understant what my problem is. I have the deluxe version with the cd, and i took the season pass, but can't get only the comrade dlc. Do I need to pay the royal version to get the code from you talk ?

Thank you for your time and your responses :)