How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

I cant get the .json just .pkg?download.... files. i dont know if im doing something wrong. 

And i have another question, the physical royal edition comrades works right? And the digital dosnt.

Also i have the Season pass, under ffxv cant find comrades but if i search manual i found it but is the 30gb one, so i guess it will not work on my FF, so i need to buy the royal edition yes or yes right? i hope the code from that version works...

Edited by malumo

Does anyone know how to find the paths for older patches? I'm looking for update 1.17 or 1.18 specifically.

I've managed to find the paths for update 1.23 and up, but nothing earlier...

For anyone that's interested, here are the paths I was able to find for FFXV patches. (Usually v1.23 to v1.29)

EU

US

JP

Asia

China

Edited by Aruberikku
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 2:49 PM, malumo said:

I cant get the .json just .pkg?download.... files. i dont know if im doing something wrong. 

And i have another question, the physical royal edition comrades works right? And the digital dosnt.

Also i have the Season pass, under ffxv cant find comrades but if i search manual i found it but is the 30gb one, so i guess it will not work on my FF, so i need to buy the royal edition yes or yes right? i hope the code from that version works...

Physical Royal Edition works. The digital Royal Edition I think also works but not 100% sure.

The Comrades DLC was removed from the digital Season Pass. Unless you got the Season Pass before it was removed and added the DLC to your purchase/download list then your best bet would be to buy the Physical Royal Edition since the Season Pass that comes with it still has the DLC included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

Physical Royal Edition works. The digital Royal Edition I think also works but not 100% sure.

The Comrades DLC was removed from the digital Season Pass. Unless you got the Season Pass before it was removed and added the DLC to your purchase/download list then your best bet would be to buy the Physical Royal Edition since the Season Pass that comes with it still has the DLC included.

so, royal edition comrades has own code right? just need to put that on psn and it add the dlc?

months ago before i know this (didnt notice they put off comrades from main game), i bought the season pass couse it was really cheap, how stupid can i be right? so, now i had to buy royal edition xD i hope comrades has own code, if not is like put code for second season pass? will that even works? xD

Edited by malumo

So I've heard the physical copy does work and am ready to buy it off Amazon or something. However, has anyone tested the digital version of Royal Edition and made it work? Any reports at all? Cause in the description it does say that Comrades is incuded.

Then again, I got my Season Pass ages ago (january 2017) and I tried pressing "Install" on it once I did the downgrade and the only thing that actually got installed was "Item: Gourmand Set". Not even the other stuff included in the Season Pass. What gives? I'm also wondering what technically differs between the DLC from the physical copy and the digital one. Doesn't the DLC code give you access to download the one in the PS Store? It seems weird it'd be another version that still exists I guess.

@TugaSonic adding you as you mentioned the physical copy and about the Season Pass's date.

Anyway, if the only true way is to get a physical copy of Royal Edition then fuck it, I might as well....

Edited by Sephinova
More questions

On 23/06/2019 at 3:20 PM, malumo said:

so, royal edition comrades has own code right? just need to put that on psn and it add the dlc?

months ago before i know this (didnt notice they put off comrades from main game), i bought the season pass couse it was really cheap, how stupid can i be right? so, now i had to buy royal edition xD i hope comrades has own code, if not is like put code for second season pass? will that even works? xD

The physical Royal Edition comes with a single Season Pass code that once used adds all the items from it to your account. Don't know how it would work with you having already bought the digital Season Pass. Either it'll give an error saying you already own it so it won't accept the code or it'll just add the items that you are missing (in this case the Comrades DLC). In my opinion, I think it would be better if you just created a new account where you'll just add the Season Pass code, then set your PS4 as primary on that new account and download the DLC. Your main account then should have access to the Comrades DLC.

1 hour ago, Sephinova said:

So I've heard the physical copy does work and am ready to buy it off Amazon or something. However, has anyone tested the digital version of Royal Edition and made it work? Any reports at all? Cause in the description it does say that Comrades is incuded.

Then again, I got my Season Pass ages ago (january 2017) and I tried pressing "Install" on it once I did the downgrade and the only thing that actually got installed was "Item: Gourmand Set". Not even the other stuff included in the Season Pass. What gives? I'm also wondering what technically differs between the DLC from the physical copy and the digital one. Doesn't the DLC code give you access to download the one in the PS Store? It seems weird it'd be another version that still exists I guess.

@TugaSonic adding you as you mentioned the physical copy and about the Season Pass's date.

Anyway, if the only true way is to get a physical copy of Royal Edition then fuck it, I might as well....

I think I saw someone saying that they tested the digital Royal Edition and it was working (it was some pages back on this topic) so you can search for it.

The store mentioning Comrades being included doesn't really mean anything because the DLC was later released as a standalone game and those that have the Season Pass (old or new) have access to that game for free since the DLC was replaced by that. It was the reason why the DLC stopped working on patch 1.27 and later, why keep supporting the DLC when you have it as a separate game. Heck, the only reason why we want to play it is just because of the trophies it added to the main game since everything in the DLC is in the standalone game (which has a separate trophy list).

The thing with you not having the item even though you bought the season pass depends on how the Season Pass works. The season pass can either add the items to your download list (like the Physical Royal Edition Season Pass Code does) or it simply gives you a discount on the PlayStation Store that makes the items free, meaning you still have to "buy" the items from the season pass after. In this case, since the digital Season Pass doesn't add the Comrades DLC to your transaction, you would have to search for it in the store, find it "free" then "buy" it to add to your download list. But since it was removed from the store you can't search for it and that's why even if you bought the Season Pass before it's removal you might not have access to the Comrades DLC if you didn't "buy" it in time before it's removal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

The physical Royal Edition comes with a single Season Pass code that once used adds all the items from it to your account. Don't know how it would work with you having already bought the digital Season Pass. Either it'll give an error saying you already own it so it won't accept the code or it'll just add the items that you are missing (in this case the Comrades DLC). In my opinion, I think it would be better if you just created a new account where you'll just add the Season Pass code, then set your PS4 as primary on that new account and download the DLC. Your main account then should have access to the Comrades DLC.

I think I saw someone saying that they tested the digital Royal Edition and it was working (it was some pages back on this topic) so you can search for it.

The store mentioning Comrades being included doesn't really mean anything because the DLC was later released as a standalone game and those that have the Season Pass (old or new) have access to that game for free since the DLC was replaced by that. It was the reason why the DLC stopped working on patch 1.27 and later, why keep supporting the DLC when you have it as a separate game. Heck, the only reason why we want to play it is just because of the trophies it added to the main game since everything in the DLC is in the standalone game (which has a separate trophy list).

The thing with you not having the item even though you bought the season pass depends on how the Season Pass works. The season pass can either add the items to your download list (like the Physical Royal Edition Season Pass Code does) or it simply gives you a discount on the PlayStation Store that makes the items free, meaning you still have to "buy" the items from the season pass after. In this case, since the digital Season Pass doesn't add the Comrades DLC to your transaction, you would have to search for it in the store, find it "free" then "buy" it to add to your download list. But since it was removed from the store you can't search for it and that's why even if you bought the Season Pass before it's removal you might not have access to the Comrades DLC if you didn't "buy" it in time before it's removal.

I just bought Royal Edition off Amazon but wondering if I should try the digital first anyway... I went back but couldn't find anyone relating to it although I only checked a few pages, seen as how any entries that are too old might've gotten the treatment of the Season Pass (that is to say Comrades being excluded).

Thanks for the info and for the tip about making a new account should I not be able to use the dlc code on my main. Such a hassle for a single annoying mess they created...

UPDATE:

I received my physical copy of the Royal Edition 2019-06-28. I activated the code and everything worked great (playing through it now!). I already had Season Pass and there was no conflict with the Royal code so even if you own some things you'll be able to activate it.

However, if I hadn't yet ordered the physical copy I'd have tried the digital Royal Edition because I suspect it's the exact same thing. I doubt they can make the same bundle and simply remove an item from one of them, it doesn't really make sense technically. When you unlock the Royal Edition you're getting the exact same item as in the play store. One or two people have said the digital works too and I suspect it does. It would also have been cheaper for me but I opted for the safer route still. Oh well. Take this as an educated guess, not fact tho!

A big thanks to this thread and all it's helpful participants, none the least @Golden Devil Gamer.

On that note, I have a question: The link to the file with all the URL's (for other games) doesn't work and I can't find a replacement. Does anyone have a .txt file in their possession they could share?

Edited by Sephinova

12 hours ago, Sephinova said:

[..]On that note, I have a question: The link to the file with all the URL's (for other games) doesn't work and I can't find a replacement. Does anyone have a .txt file in their possession they could share?

What do you mean with "doesn't work"? Writing this and not detailing the issue is like going to a doctor, painting a circle in the air around your body and saying "It hurts".

Tested myself the link https://xn--xce.cc/pkgWIP.txt and can say it works least on Firefox browser on Android smartphone.

On 30/06/2019 at 10:38 PM, Geridian said:

What do you mean with "doesn't work"? Writing this and not detailing the issue is like going to a doctor, painting a circle in the air around your body and saying "It hurts".

Tested myself the link https://xn--xce.cc/pkgWIP.txt and can say it works least on Firefox browser on Android smartphone.

At the time I got a "website is unavailable" as if it was taken down. After a day or two someone commented and then it did work for me for some reason. At any rate, it's good now!

On 02/07/2019 at 0:55 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

How long would it take to get all the trophies for the DLC?

And if I follow this method, will I have then the Comrades standalone game within my games (so will have to get all trophies also there?)

Sorry if this was already asked / answered.

It can take some time - there are guides to streamline your path toward good weapons and stats, but it’s grindy, especially with only computer controlled party characters to work with. I’m about 22 hours in and I’ve got two major sigil missions to go before I can face the final final boss and earn the 13th sigil, and then 3 more iterations of the Full Departure quest (I’ve only done it as Noctis so far). My guess is that’ll take me maybe around 10 more hours to get through that content (I’m behind on stats, and only got through some of the missions on a wind and a prayer).

My understanding is that, once you’ve got the Comrades trophies in this list (make sure you do both the regular list (DLC Pack 4) and the March 2018 Update (DLC Pack 7)), you can transfer your save into the standalone Comrades game and most of the trophies will autopop. However, there are some that are known to need redoing, such as meeting Kenny, and, of course, the standalone game has more trophies of its own. Happily, the standalone game works online, so you can organise boosting sessions to grab the last of what you’re missing.

• Like 1

I tried doing this earlier, I got to step 7 and was making progress towards the end. I know I messed something up. I got a little confused at step 11, which may what resulted in me getting the error for the update file? (I'm US btw.) You said to put the path route above, but I wasn't sure if you meant to copy the link, which didn't work, so I typed it out myself. Previously I had gotten the update file to begin to download 1.29 the 30.075gbs and then deleted it, since I thought that's what were supposed to do, then you check for update again and 1.26 would being to download, but then I got an error (I hadn't let the game completely download, that's probably the cause of this issue?) I tried to start over from step 7, going back into Charles though I noticed there were two gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net, one being that one and another being gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net:80. 80 was the only one with in ppkgo; file f that had the file ending in .json the other one had a bunch of random numbers ending in o's I believe. I was going to try and start fresh tomorrow, but I'm scared the results with be the same. My OCD can't handle FFXV not being 100% haha. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me :)

Edited by PotatoGirl_lol

I have been thinking is there any way to download the patch from my PC locally? using "MAP LOCAL" option? Because I have to reopen charles every 30 minutes and patch is so big. I can download the patch to my PC without issue then using charles PC TO PS4 local direct download would speed up the whole process if possible :)

Sorry bad english

On 2/7/2019 at 4:55 AM, nudoetcrudo said:

How long would it take to get all the trophies for the DLC?

And if I follow this method, will I have then the Comrades standalone game within my games (so will have to get all trophies also there?)

Sorry if this was already asked / answered.

I made it in 11 days, but it seems longer to me. I didn't enjoy playing Comrades, it's frustrating and demands lot of dedication at some point, when you start to build the powerful weapons you need to go past some hunts (obtaining Royal Sigils), particularly Yojimbo.

Then almost all those trophies auto-pop when you access the standalone version. But the extra contents are really hard: fighting Ravus & Ardyn and finally Kenny Crow. I only made it thanks to an OP Japanese player. It's really rare to meet other players in Comrades.

• Like 1

On 16/7/2019 at 2:55 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

I made it in 11 days, but it seems longer to me. I didn't enjoy playing Comrades, it's frustrating and demands lot of dedication at some point, when you start to build the powerful weapons you need to go past some hunts (obtaining Royal Sigils), particularly Yojimbo.

Then almost all those trophies auto-pop when you access the standalone version. But the extra contents are really hard: fighting Ravus & Ardyn and finally Kenny Crow. I only made it thanks to an OP Japanese player. It's really rare to meet other players in Comrades.

Thanks, reading here and there I had the same feeling and decided to skip it. First game without 100% trophies but whatever, don't want to waste days on it.

10 hours ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

Can I do this before playing through the main game? 

I played through the game casually with my nephew like a year ago, but plan on starting a whole new playthrough. Would like to get this done asap. 

You can since it's separate from the main game (the same applies for the EPISODE DLCs)  although it might spoil some parts of the story (the game even tells you this) since the Comrades DLC takes place between the last two chapters of the game.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

Thanks to Golden Devil Gamer for this tutorial. I managed to pass in 1.26 without much difficulty. 

By cons, I have a small question about the 3 trophies of the Comrades DLC Update of March 2018. 
How to unlock them via 1.26 or stand alone?

Thx

5 hours ago, MsieurSeb said:

Hello everyone, 

Thanks to Golden Devil Gamer for this tutorial. I managed to pass in 1.26 without much difficulty. 

By cons, I have a small question about the 3 trophies of the Comrades DLC Update of March 2018. 

How to unlock them via 1.26 or stand alone?

Thx

The March 2018 DLC you should be able to get in 1.26. Collect all the royal sigils, raise a chocobo to level 99 and play all the characters in that one comrades quest with Noctis and the guys

On 7/12/2019 at 0:38 AM, PotatoGirl_lol said:

I tried doing this earlier, I got to step 7 and was making progress towards the end. I know I messed something up. I got a little confused at step 11, which may what resulted in me getting the error for the update file? (I'm US btw.) You said to put the path route above, but I wasn't sure if you meant to copy the link, which didn't work, so I typed it out myself. Previously I had gotten the update file to begin to download 1.29 the 30.075gbs and then deleted it, since I thought that's what were supposed to do, then you check for update again and 1.26 would being to download, but then I got an error (I hadn't let the game completely download, that's probably the cause of this issue?) I tried to start over from step 7, going back into Charles though I noticed there were two gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net, one being that one and another being gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net:80. 80 was the only one with in ppkgo; file f that had the file ending in .json the other one had a bunch of random numbers ending in o's I believe. I was going to try and start fresh tomorrow, but I'm scared the results with be the same. My OCD can't handle FFXV not being 100% haha. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me :)

I finally got all the trophies! Thanks again to the guy that helped me :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, could you help me? On the topic of getting the final fantasy trophies after the 1.27 update I have the digital version royal p I do until step 7, after that I have to wait for the digital media to download, isn't that it? Appears two files downloading, one 11.2 gb and one 79.5 gb The first download was 11.2gb ... when I looked at the info, it was version 1.29, why? so I stopped there and didn't do the next procedures anymore. Should I continue or have I done something wrong until this step?

17 hours ago, AlexSampaioR said:

Hi, could you help me? On the topic of getting the final fantasy trophies after the 1.27 update I have the digital version royal p I do until step 7, after that I have to wait for the digital media to download, isn't that it? Appears two files downloading, one 11.2 gb and one 79.5 gb The first download was 11.2gb ... when I looked at the info, it was version 1.29, why? so I stopped there and didn't do the next procedures anymore. Should I continue or have I done something wrong until this step?

Didn't try with my digital version but from what I know and understand. Step 7 is still at the beginning so it's normal that it'll download the 1.29 patch along with the game. Just continue with the rest of the tutorial. Only at step 12 is it supposed to download the game with patch 1.26.