How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with the JSON file showing up. i'm able to see things show up in Charles however they are all .pkg files

i'm using a physical disk, and i've tried reinstalling the game several times, as well as tried canceling the 1.30 update and checking for updates again, still nothing. i've even reinstalled Charles a few times to see if that does it, but nothing

i'm trying this on my PS4 as well as a windows laptop. 

https://imgur.com/a/wDyeXh6 

Is

On 3/13/2024 at 7:03 PM, B-Rad_Rocks said:

I'm having trouble with the JSON file showing up. i'm able to see things show up in Charles however they are all .pkg files

i'm using a physical disk, and i've tried reinstalling the game several times, as well as tried canceling the 1.30 update and checking for updates again, still nothing. i've even reinstalled Charles a few times to see if that does it, but nothing

i'm trying this on my PS4 as well as a windows laptop. 

https://imgur.com/a/wDyeXh6 

I'd make sure Charles is up to date and use a wired connection with the console, if you haven't done so already.

Does anybody here know the 1.18 Update URLS for the Japanese version of the game is?

I'm from South East Asia (Region 3) and my FFXV games is somehow a JP version with English Text option, would really help if somebody has the Update URLs for the 1.18 JP version of the game

• 3 weeks later...

Delighted the downgrade worked for me after having a difficult time trying to figure out how Charles works , but after turning off VPNs and firewalls I was able to connect it to my PlayStation 5

had to just edit my current WiFi connection on the PS5, instead of starting a new manual connection 

so let’s get these trophies which never popped 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, DEI2EK said:

Just want to link it here but someone has made more of an automated process 

@Beyondthegrave07 not sure if you want to put this in the OP or not?

For anyone wondering, this worked for me. Got version 1.18 on my PS5. At the download prompt I unchecked everything except the Comrades expansion. It downloaded the main game and then Comrades no problem. Currently playing with my PS5 offline.

I'm almost done with the first set of Comrades trophies. Following the GameFAQs guide by Die has made it pretty quick and painless, though I'm about to hit the part where you grind out Laser Sensors for 2 hours or so. I'll probably reach the point where you update to 1.26 tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully loading up the 1.26 json on the tool and hitting "check for update" will work as well. Will update when I try it.

Edit - Also randomly got Kenny as my cook after like 5 hours so that was a relief, too. Just after completing the Griffon urgent quest for the first time.

Edited by Static_Rook
Added Kenny info
  • Like 1

Success! I was able to get all of the Comrades trophies on the main (US) list. Highly recommend it. The thread linked above has the instructions on how to use the tool. Smarter people than me can help people with questions there.

For a general guidline, here's what I did:

• Download FFXV 1.18 plus the Comrades expansion. On the add-on downloads screen, uncheck everything but the Comrades add-on.
  • Use the GameFAQs guide to do all the 1.18 content, it will say when to update to 1.26.
  • Use the proxy tool again, but this time put in the 1.26 json.
  • Connect your console to the proxy again, then hit "Check for Update" on FFXV
  • It will say it's updating to version 1.30, but it will really be 1.26. Should be 30.071 GB
  • Finish off the 1.26 content using the GameFAQs guide. Done!

Using the guide it took me about 18 hours total on the in-game timer, but I also idled a bunch so it was probably more like 15 or 16. The only downside to this is when you try to actually update to the 1.30 version it won't download. Or didn't for me at least. It kept trying to start and then erroring out. So I had to delete the game and re-download it, this time with all the add-ons checked to download as well. Once the 100+ GB game and all the add-ons are done downloading, you'll actually be on the 1.30 version.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3