How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

I have a question...im missing one mire trophy but when i started the game in the morning my game was updated even though i always deleted the new patch when i started downloading ...thats absolutely bullshit what happend?

i cant play this game anymore cause i hve 1,30 version now again

i switched off the automatically update the version

edit: Nevermind solved it !

just did the whole process again...better play this game offline guys

Edited by vinostar

I want to try this method, but I have my doubts on the consequences.

• Will I get flagged on PSNProfiles if I get the online achievements before unlocking the main game trophies? I don't want to go through the hassle of playing the entire game without updating.
  • Do I face any risk of getting my PSN account banned by doing this?

Thanks for in advance.

5 hours ago, soyorli said:

I want to try this method, but I have my doubts on the consequences.

• Will I get flagged on PSNProfiles if I get the online achievements before unlocking the main game trophies? I don't want to go through the hassle of playing the entire game without updating.
  • Do I face any risk of getting my PSN account banned by doing this?

Thanks for in advance.

No and No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AWinstead11 said:

I want to use this method, but my ps4 isn't connecting to Charles. Does anyone know how I can get it to connect? I am doing exactly what the guide says but it still doesn't connect.

is your pc on the same network as your playstation?
have you put the correct proxys? tbh it could almost be everything!

Edited by vinostar

16 hours ago, vinostar said:

is your pc on the same network as your playstation?
have you put the correct proxys? tbh it could almost be everything!

Yes my pc is on the same network as my playstation and I have put the correct proxies.

Edit: I finally got it to connect. Had to change some settings on my pc.

Edited by AWinstead11

On 12/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, King_Stormstar said:

AWinstead11, what did you change on your pc? I'm having the same problem where I'm not seeing the popup on Charles after doing thr internet connection setup. Also are you using wifi or lan?

I’m using wifi and I changed some of my firewall settings for it to work.

I can confirm this is still working. I had to redowngrade after a "corrupted game data" error. It worked flawlessly. I'm downloading the Comrades DLC right now but the base game is at 1.26. Btw, i have a US disc version of Royal Edition.

Thank you so much for this helpful guide!

So I ran into another problem, I changed my firewall settings and did everything to step 12 (I have the digital version of the game). I deleted the game and got a 403 error and the CE-36264-1 error code. When I try everything from the begining step, the original http://gs2 file is nowhere to be found, I'm also on the newest ps4 update. 

I hate to be a nuisance, but could someone help me figure out where I went wrong?

So what if I completed main story, can I still get all Comrades trophies (including March 2018 update)? Don't remember if there is Chapter Select, and i didn't buy Royal Edition yet. Wanted to get 100% trophies, right now I have only platinum. Also, will my save files (from latest version) be compatible with the older version of the game?

Edited by kALWa888

16 hours ago, kALWa888 said:

So what if I completed main story, can I still get all Comrades trophies (including March 2018 update)? Don't remember if there is Chapter Select, and i didn't buy Royal Edition yet. Wanted to get 100% trophies, right now I have only platinum. Also, will my save files (from latest version) be compatible with the older version of the game?

As far as I understand from reading other posts on this thread, you should be ok with no worries.

So somewhat of a mini update, so I got back to step 12, I'm able to download every other game I have except for FFXV. I did buy a physical copy which should be here in about a week. I'll keep ya'll updated....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Brian said:

Does this method of downloading earlier patches using Charles work on PS5?

The Charles method does work, but for me, I couldn't get Comrades to download on the PS5. Here's my experience with the PS5 so far:

- Installed FF XV v1.0 from original disc.

- Used Charles to download patch v1.26.

- Looked for the Comrades add-on, but it wasn't there. I could not find it in the PS Store on PS5. Only the stand-alone version. I tried the method on my old PS4 earlier, where I did manage to successfully download it. So it looks like there is a difference in how the PS Store handles these add-ons.

If anyone was able to download the Comrades add-on for FF XV on the PS5, I'd be curious how to do it.

Eventually, I got it working on PS5 by using data transfer from my PS4 where I did have FF XV v1.26 + Comrades installed.

Please note: if you are planning to do this by data transfer, do not insert a FF XV disc into the disc drive. The first time I used data transfer, I had my FF XV disc inserted in the PS5 and the PS5 began copying the game files from the disc, while transfering only a small amount of data from my PS4. I ended up with the same issue as described above (FF XV on v1.26, but no Comrades add-on).

Afterwards I deleted FF XV again entirely from my PS5 and did the data transfer without any disc inserted. It then started transfering all 80 GB of data from the PS4. I could then finally start up Comrades within FF XV.

Unfortunately, there are still loading screens on the PS5, albeit significantly shorter than the PS4. But when you are used to PS5 games like Miles Morales and Demon's Souls, Comrades still loads slow.

On 14/12/2020 at 4:58 AM, kALWa888 said:

Comrades is a separate game mode from the main game (with it's own save files). You can start it at any moment (even if you just started) and it won't influence the main game. As for save files, I'm not sure but just make a backup just in case.

On 17.12.2020 at 0:32 PM, TugaSonic said:

Comrades is a separate game mode from the main game (with it's own save files). You can start it at any moment (even if you just started) and it won't influence the main game. As for save files, I'm not sure but just make a backup just in case.

I meant these trophies.

unknown.png

I want to know if my save file (from newest version 1.30) where my story mode is completed, will work with older version of the game. Because these trophies can be done only during Chepter 14. And I'm wondering if i have to start new playtrough because of the save files and different versions.

Edited by kALWa888

9 hours ago, kALWa888 said:

I meant these trophies.

unknown.png

I want to know if my save file (from newest version 1.30) where my story mode is completed, will work with older version of the game. Because these trophies can be done only during Chepter 14. And I'm wondering if i have to start new playtrough because of the save files and different versions.

Again, the Comrades DLC is completely separate from the main game (it's accessed from the DLC menu like the Episodes DLC). Doesn't matter where you are on the main game (if you finished it, are on chapter 14, etc.) or if you even have a save file of it. You can start doing the DLC even if you haven't started the game as long as you are on the correct version and have it installed, the game does give you a warning that you should finish the story first since the DLC takes place during Chapter 14 (to avoid spoilers) but that's just a recommendation since you can ignore that message.

As for the save file, I'm not sure since when I did it my save file was from an older version (had stopped playing before the Comrades DLC was removed). Make a copy of your save file just in case.

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 1

picked up this game again for 100% after completing Episode Ignis 3 years ago. planning to go to 1.18 as people recommended for easier Comrades grinding. through Charles, I found out that my copy is CUSA01570 from JP region (strangely the box says region 3 for some reason). thing is, I'm unable to find the mapping url for JP region's 1.18:

- the xn--xce.cc link returns with 404 nginx error. tried VPNs in case my ISP blocked it, but it is down.

- ps4database.io goes back only as far as 1.23, so also a dead end

- the gameFAQs comprehensive guide does list 1.18 urls, but only for US and EU regions.

can someone help me with the link? there was also a mention of xn--xce.cc going down temporarily much earlier in this thread. does this happen occasionally, or maybe it's permanent this time?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey can anyone help me?

I've followed all of the steps. And I know I've followed all of the steps correctly because when I press information for FFXV it says it is 1.26. I bought the royal edition of the game, entered the code and downloaded the comrades dlc. However in the game menu, comrades is not showing up as an option. I can again confirm it's definitely 1.26 because Episode Ardyn is not there either.

Does anyone know how to get comrades to show up on the menu? Is it because I also have the standalone installed? Would I need to delete my save files of the standalone?