Free massive character boost currently active.

Frozen_Guardian

Another free character boost up, for the 13th anniversary. CR368 this time. Same as with the previous ones, just log in to claim it. Worth following a guide to see which character combinations you need for what trophies so boosts can be planned out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2024 at 6:51 AM, Jelly Soup said:

Another free character boost up, for the 13th anniversary. CR368 this time. Same as with the previous ones, just log in to claim it. Worth following a guide to see which character combinations you need for what trophies so boosts can be planned out.

How do you actually use it? When I click on it, it says I must buy MC credits. Whatever the fuck that is. I have CR368. Confused!

It says I have them, plus an extra character boost, but it won't let me use any of it. It asks me for real money. Wtf? Stupid game.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

43 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

How do you actually use it? When I click on it, it says I must buy MC credits. Whatever the fuck that is. I have CR368. Confused!

It says I have them, plus an extra character boost, but it won't let me use any of it. It asks me for real money. Wtf? Stupid game.

It's been a few months so looks like it's probably not available for free anymore, their event site says "To claim your free Character Advance and Chroma Pack, you must log in between now and January 31, 2024."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

What Avariceinic said. It's a yearly thing for the anniversary, normally only up for a month at most.

When you do claim it, it's admittedly fiddly to apply. You'll need to log into a character, accept the offer, log back out, highlight the character you want to use the boost on and then follow the on screen instructions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

What Avariceinic said. It's a yearly thing for the anniversary, normally only up for a month at most.

When you do claim it, it's admittedly fiddly to apply. You'll need to log into a character, accept the offer, log back out, highlight the character you want to use the boost on and then follow the on screen instructions.

Do you know when the next one Is?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

So not for a while Then?

?
At least not until the time between now and January passes. That's 9 months or so, before you ask.

They also give character boosts every now and then for new Episode (expansion) releases. Not always but it might be beneficial to keep up with the release schedule. There wasn’t one for last Epsiode release so check back for the next or after next release which is every 3ish months. 

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/home

It’s also possible DCUO might give free Daybreak Cash (premium credits) for any unscheduled downtime. You can use these to purchase CR skips.  

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Thanks for all of the info, peeps.

Perhaps anyone who plays can keep a topic updated incase of freebies?

Especially free event weekends etc

😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos

I've made it a habit over the last couple years to post when the anniversary boost is up. The problem is I don't actively play, this information is set out in their news letter e-mail.

• Like 1

The grind in this game is horrendous. I thought it would be fun, but it's not. Grindy, boring, repetitious, annoying ASF. It's bad enough getting 1 x character to level 30. But 6 x characters are required for the platinum. Yawn-fest extreme. To make things worse, I've missed every free boost, event etc. Yay.

8 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I've made it a habit over the last couple years to post when the anniversary boost is up. The problem is I don't actively play, this information is set out in their news letter e-mail.

How do I get that email please? I need to keep up to date for stuff. Thanks

Edited by TheDarkKratos

14 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

The grind in this game is horrendous. I thought it would be fun, but it's not. Grindy, boring, repetitious, annoying ASF. It's bad enough getting 1 x character to level 30. But 6 x characters are required for the platinum. Yawn-fest extreme.

How do I get that email please? I need to keep up to date for stuff. Thanks

You don't need to sign-up for the email. In fact I would advise against it because it won't just tell you about free stuff, but other stats and updates you probably won't find useful like dev talks and stat-of-the-game info. Not only that but I believe it will sign you up for all their games newsletters not just DCUO. Use the link in my above post. It's their games homepage and updates you about the months events, any unplanned maintenance, rewards, and other goodies at a glance. 

It's a shame you're EU. I wouldn't have mind carry you through the leveling process. Been playing since free-to-play launch (2011) and actively play. It should be noted that as a free-to-play user you only allowed 3 character slots. Don't know 100% if that affects the plat. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the link. I already bookmarked it. I will just periodically check through it all I guess.

I have 6 x characters at the moment. You get 6 in the free version. I am about level 14-16 with all of them.

Level 30 is required for the base game trophies. I don't mind the grind, but the enemies are getting really annoying.

I have no artifacts or anything fancy, just keep getting slightly higher gear each main mission.

It's cross-play-cross-platform isn't it? Levelling up is so slow. I seem to be spending way too much time.

Will take forever. Surely, the game isn't region locked for playing? I know it is for trophies though.

Many thanks for the help/offer. I'm guessing you're very high level - 300 +?

Does co-op work or anything so I can level up faster?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

-

That's strange. Something must've been bundled with the PS5 version then, especially since only active memberships retroactively/ actively unlocks trophies. Did you spend money on the game at all? Free-to-play players only get 2 character slots, $50,000 cash at one time, and 3 stabilizer parts for the daily stabilizer event. Premium (spend 5 dollars) gets 6 slots, unlimited cash, and 4 parts. While members (subscription) gets 32 slots, unlimited cash, 6 parts, monthly premium credits, and the premium daily log-in row. So I'm just wondering now with the PS5 release if they secretly gave everyone Premium status.

Yeah I did all 6 characters level 30 legit. I didn't think it was that bad. Probably because I didn't do them back to back as it was over the course of a decade. I can definitely see how it can get boring though as there isn't much variance between story lines. For the items you are receiving you are selecting the damage version playing as the damage role? You could also technically be under leveled if you aren't doing side-quests. I didn't have many problems with enemies on my road to level 30. But the again much as changed since then.

Last time I checked the game is region locked. PS and PC can crossplay within the same region. But NA and EU severs are not compatible. Feats don't transfer over servers so you can't autopop this plat. You'll have to grind to 6 level 30's again. PC can freely change between severs though so it is strange.

On PC I'm CR 380 Damage while on PS I'm CR 406 Controller and CR 404 Damage on my main character. But after level 30 your don't earn traditional levels anymore. You're CR (level) is based on your gear. Theoretically, I could have carried you through all your story missions in a couple hours then carry you through a couple Duos to get you to level 30. I would offer my assistance with my PC account but my computer as basically gone kaput.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Hey. No, I haven't spent any money at all. I just started the PS4 version to see what it was like to play. And I had forgotten I had played this game on PS3 about 10 years ago. So, I just used a female build (only level 4) because back then I wasn't into trophies at all. In the last week or two I have been annoying lots of people with a boatload of questions. I didn't realize this was not your usual auto-pop. That's why it's really confused me. Anyways, I see that I have to spend money to unlock trophies on the PS4 version. Not PS5 though.

I know next to nothing about the game. But it looked like fun. But after 21 hours I'm bored. Lol. I don't know what CR means. The PS5 must have added free stuff. I missed alot of upgrade bonus's too back in January this year. Thanks once again for the offer. Appreciate you taking the time to explain some more stuff. I am in for the long haul it seems. I think it's odd that I have to pay $15 US to get PS4 trophies, yet both PS5 stacks don't require DCUO membership. I tested it by downloading the PS5 version and a few trophies popped. But nothing on PS4. Why's that? And I know about the region thing too. I've never seen that before with regional stacks. 

Bummer about your PC, dude. I know how that feels. I only have my notebook these days. Would have been fun. And I could've traded you something in return.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

-

I should be more clear. You can auto-pop PS4 and PS4 (and PS3 back in the day) within the same region. This is because of the in-game Feats menu that tracks all of your trophy progress. You can't auto-pop between regions because NA and EU don't share servers. If you wanted to do the NA version as well you will need to create a NA PSN account, download the NA version of the game, and re-do everything.

As for trophies on PS5. Originally the game debuted in 2009 as a subscription based MMORPG. When it went free-to-play in 2011 they switched over to subscription based DLC Expansion model. That would explain the reason for needing a subscription to unlock base and DLC trophies. I don't know what happened during the PS5 development. I don't understand why it pops the base game but not the DLC trophies.

If you have anymore questions, DM me on PSNP. We both are probably getting really annoying here. If there is any free stuff that helps with trophies I'll post him here.

• Like 1

It's worth pointing out that this is a pretty easy game to platinum. It's not like Black Desert where a x400 exp bonus day will save you a pile of hours or an exp scroll in ESO can save you months of grinding. If you're only goal is the platinum, it can be done in a long afternoon. The main benefit of having the boosts is boosted characters count for your class/affiliation trophies, so they can be done right off the bat.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 9:31 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

I need a shrink to tell me why I even started this game. Lol

No one but another MMO player knows the pain an MMO player goes through.

• Like 1