Review Forum

Is there any way to get a forum up for people to write reviews? I'm a big fan of reading the user reviews on .com and I've been meaning to write a few of my own. I'm sure there are others here who would be interested in reviews as well.

I will say, I'm not a huge fan of the "review team" they have on .com. There are some really talented people who write reviews, and I think they should all be located n the same forum. I don't think there is the need to have the "official" reviews separated form the general users reviews.

Parker

I would suggest writing it in the sub forum for the game.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Reviews in the game subforum seems like a good idea to me, and if we have a Review Team, then, well... I will be very upset, let's put it that way.

I agree. I'm completely against the idea of having a review team.

Parker

We don't need a review team anyway, as you know i was totally against it on .com anyway, i don't see why some regular guy can't come along and post a fantastic review and thats end of, rather than some "team" coming along and putting yours away while they write an "official" one.

Having the review in the actual sub forum for that game would be a great idea too, im not sure if they can be stuck to appear at the top (stickied) as i'm not totally to grips with what this forum software can do but if thats possible its definitely something that can be thought about.

Would a review thread in each game forum work? As in there's one thread stickied in each forum called "User Reviews" or something and in that people can post their opinions on the game either in proper review format ot just a general overview?

I think it was mentioned briefly in the chatbox on .com but nobody took any notice because there was the review team already

I think once the site has all the basics well and truly covered we could look at stuff like that but in the meantime like i said we're trying to get the necessary stuff up and running and that is top priority but the idea is right here in black and white so definitely something that would be looked at when the time comes.

How exactly did the review team work for .com? Was only the review team allowed to write reviews?

I do want a review team here, but only from an editorial standpoint. Just people to correct spelling errors, stuff like that. I think anyone who wants should be able to write a review.

I would also like for a prominent review system but of course that's something Sly would have to work on to tie into the site. We'll see what happens there further down the road.

How exactly did the review team work for .com? Was only the review team allowed to write reviews?

I do want a review team here, but only from an editorial standpoint. Just people to correct spelling errors, stuff like that. I think anyone who wants should be able to write a review.

I would also like for a prominent review system but of course that's something Sly would have to work on to tie into the site. We'll see what happens there further down the road.

in .com, you could write a review about any game, but it had to be in a certain format. The Review "Team" made Official Reviews for games, but that doesn't mean you can't write your own.

i don't think we need a Review Team to check for editorial purposes if we can edit our mistakes. Like most browsers has a Spelling check, so spelling wouldn't be much of an issue. grammar, and other stuff like that, other members could take note and let you know in the same thread your review is in so you can go back to edit it. no need for only specific people to do what everyone can do imo.

------

personally i would like the review system to be simple for now, but nothing to where we have a review team.