Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Trophy Thoughts

ughrora

It's not about the censorship, I don't give a crap about it, the anime now is uncensored and we won't ever have that official quality of content with or without Sony's censorship. Every senran kagura game feels the same. I played the trial and feels like a more polished Estival Versus game, but it's still repetitive hordes of Hack n' Slash enemies. Might rent it or buy if it's 20 or lower.

Edited by One Jedi More

2 hours ago, Princess Boo said:

I just want to know what was added to make it M becaise the original was rated T on 3DS.

No they do need to be punished. By going along with Sony's ridiculous censorship plan they are saying it's okay to censor creativity and art. That's not okay and doesn't fly with me. I was going to buy the game, but I'm not giving them a cent after this. If they continue doing this then they may as well just shut down forever. I know I certainly will never give them another penny for as long as they bend over for Sony's dumbass faux political correctness bullshit.

This is a small company that doesn't make the greatest of profit margins, their hands were tied and I find it stupid to be upset with them for doing what they were told when the alternative was not releasing the game and eating the cost of production and localization for a game they can't sell. This is Sony's fault, not theirs

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I get not wanting to punish XSEED/Marvelous for something outside of the their control, but purchasing this game on PS4 sends a bad message, and why should we have to settle for an inferior version?

This person gets it.

Right now I can't support this game. Why? because I don't like censorship. Simple as that. The PS4 version is not for me, but I can't buy the PC version either because I don't have a PC capable of running this game. I'm not punishing XSEED, they deserve all my love. I'm punishing PlayStation for being retarded with their stupid policies.

Thank you very much.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Your decisions don't exist in a vacuum no matter how much you try to justify it. Your intention may be to punish Sony, but XSeed gets caught in the crossfire of this as their game is the one that you chose to use as a sacrifice. Whether you buy the game or not is ultimately your decision to make, but don't pretend that your decisions only affect who you want to see hurt.

Dude, not my problem. It's PlayStation's fault. Blame them. Blame Yoshida, blame Layden. It's them who are hurting XSEED, not me.

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Here we go again. So what was censored this time? (Goes to Google to see what happened)

........ Really? This is the hill people are going to die on?

All for this?

I'll never understand the weeaboo/otaku crowd. 

Anyway the list looks about the same as the other senran kagura lists so it should be pretty easy.

Oh how I'd love a look at that internet history of yours. I'm sure there's some hypocritical stuff throughout the years to point and laugh at. Who cares? Don't like it don't play it. I'm a gay man and still enjoy the series. I find the mode pointless and dumb, but I did it for a trophy in PBS despite it being really obtuse and annoying to accomplish.

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

Dude, not my problem. It's PlayStation's fault. Blame them. Blame Yoshida, blame Layden. It's them who are hurting XSEED, not me.

Shuhei works with worldwide studios, so first party relations, he has nothing to do with this policy. Just because he's a public figure for PS doesn't mean every decision is made by him. That's not his job.

46 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I get not wanting to punish XSEED/Marvelous for something outside of the their control, but purchasing this game on PS4 sends a bad message, and why should we have to settle for an inferior version? At the end of the day, buying games shouldn't be an act of charity. If the product isn't up to snuff, then don't buy it, simple as that. The better option for those who want to support the developer would be to buy the uncensored version on PC. I know that's not an option for everyone, but if you truly care about preserving the developer's vision for a game free of censorship, then take a stand. Don't settle for less. The only way Sony is going to budge on this issue is if they see enough backlash and a smaller share of a game's sales on their platform.

Buying anything on PS4 sends a bad message at this point, because you're supporting a company that forces Japanese developers to pass purity tests held by California just to release games in Japan. And to handle the situation in English too. Which of course impacts games being localized.

Even being here is giving support to PSNP, which in turn promotes PSN, which of course promotes the PS4 and Sony itself by helping keep things circulating. As another said, nothing exists in a vacuum.

The only way Sony will budge is if they disinfect themselves of ideologues, and focus on business again. Given Sony's constantly up and down in every other division, the investors should really be more aware of the only consistent business they have and not have it take any unnecessary risk. While some may argue this is beneficial, it runs the risk of lowering the amount of developer support, decreasing software sales overall, and cutting out money. For no real reason. It may be a bunch of niche games, for now, but it adds up. particularly when your company often bleeds money elsewhere. But I digress.

1 hour ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

*sigh* Do we really need another thread for this? There's two already: 

Yeah one trophy is different, but does it warrant a third thread for this? I don't think so.

I'm just trying to make discussion, that's all. No need to get upset. I literally even say in the thread that I've platted the other ones. There's no harm in creating conversation. You simply can just ignore this.

Anyway, locking this thread to prevent any further issues as this is just becoming one big fiasco. Some of ya'll really can't be civil, apparently.

Edited by ughrora
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

The problem is no one will ever see it as the censorship that made the game fail. Just like when people didn't buy Gravity Rush 2 because there wasn't a Vita version. The only thing that will happen is that the people who make decisions we'll take this as a sign that people in the west have lost interest in the senran kagura games. Which in turn could lead to the decision to not release any more senran kagura games in the West. Or any more extreme case no more senran kagura games because they don't make money.

When a consumer who likes a series no longer buys that series it is the consumer's fault if the series fails. Which is the power behind the phrase "vote with your wallet". Which in turn potentially plays into the hand of the people who are probably making the censorship rules. Because if you assume that the people who are making the new censorship rules actually hates the idea of video games having lewd content in them. If a situation is created where the games with lewd content cease to exist due to series failure from the target audience no longer buying the games, then they win because those games no longer exist.

• Like 4