CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

On March 6, 2019 at 9:06 PM, ladynadiad said:

Progress wise for me, I'm working on Mary Skelter: Nightmares again and chugging away at CS4 and Tokyo Xanadu.  

On a side note, how are you finding Tokyo Xanadu on PS4 when compared to the Vita version? I've been waiting for a sale on the Vita title but they've got the PS4 version on the flash sale this weekend for the best price I've seen thus far. Thoughts?

Edited by Kevvik

5 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

On a side note, how are you finding Tokyo Xanadu on PS4 when compared to the Vita version? I've been waiting for a sale on the Vita title but they've got the PS4 version on the flash sale this weekend for the best price I've seen thus far. Thoughts?

Well, I've only gotten to chapter 4 so the best stuff is definitely still to go.  Portability is definitely nice and the Vita version is a solid game.  The PS4 version though does have a lot of extra content.  Each chapter in the PS4 version has a side story that fleshes things out for the other characters.  The PS4 version also polished the translation a bit.  It was fine before, but I can definitely see a few differences that really are better ways to say stuff.

However, I can say the Vita version is a bit easier.  Some of the side story bosses are pretty brutal and they seem to have amped up the difficulty of stuff to make up for some of the gameplay additions (the addition of EX attacks and X-Drives being way better in the PS4 version).  I hear Calamity Difficulty is really hard and I can say Nightmare on the Vita version was pretty hard too since it doesn't just increase monster difficulty, but also difficulty with the platforming elements.  There are definitely pros and cons of getting either version, but I'd say go for the PS4 version.  It's a fun game either way, but the PS4 version definitely has a lot more stuff and if it costs less then the answer is fairly obvious.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way though.  I definitely liked it enough to be willing to do both stacks, but I also admit to being a total nut for everything Falcom.

18 hours ago, jemmie said:

Platinum #1 - Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: (79.21+68)*2*2=588.84 points

Slow and steady wins the race. Now to lurk for another month before dropping another point bomb.

I thought multipliers are added together instead of multiplying those?

@kingofbattle8174 Edit: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn is completed, and i must say that this is the easiest DLC of the game. 

I'm slowly making some points. Now i'm working on the Royal Pack trophies so i can finally put this game to rest like...forever!. Omega, here i go! ?

Screenshot-20190328-140000.png

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 2

Got the plat for Mary Skelter Nightmaes now.  I was holding off on it so I could use it for the Songkran event too.  While I don't recall the exact percentage it was at when this started, I know it was definitely below 20%, so no point deduction for this one.

100-17.19+36+14+13=145.81

Otherwise I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel 4 and am nearly done with my nightmare run.  Have one more playthrough left to take care of the stuff I missed on that run.  Started Fernz Gate and am nearly done with the story.  Also been slowly chipping away at Tokyo Xanadu.

• Like 3

I suppose I should post an update, seeing how it's the end of the month. Finally reached 200 plats, which means KH3 has been popped. That game was ready to pop a while ago, which nets me: 

On 21-2-2019 at 5:26 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Kingdom Hearts III is ready to plat, I only have to use Ultima Weapon's shotlock to pop it :dance: . That should yield (100 + 64 - 20.50) * (2 + 0.5) * 2 = 717.50 points. I think? :hmm:... unless the double point multiplier is added to the other multipliers? If so, then it's (100 + 64 - 20.50) * (2 + 0.5 + 2) = 645.75 points.

645.75 points.

The other games are as follows:

• Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage: (75 - 10.70 - 0 + (13 * 1 + 1 * 2 + 1 * 6)) * (2 + 0.5) = 213.25
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: (100 - 9.21 - 20 + (1 * 6)) * (2 + 1) = 230.37
  • Child of Light: (75 - 22.36 - 0 + (19 * 1 + 1 * 2)) = 73.64
  • God Eater 3: (100 - 35.29 - 0 + (16 * 1 + 9 * 2 + 6 * 6)) = 134.71

Grand total = 645.75 + 213.25 + 230.37 + 73.64 + 134.71 = 1,297,72 points

I was wondering: do you get extra points for writing a guide when platting/completing a game during the contest? As a guide makes it easier for other people to complete said game.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I was wondering: do you get extra points for writing a guide when platting/completing a game during the contest? As a guide makes it easier for other people to complete said game.

sorry but i don't like the idea, i feel in disadvantage as english is not my primary language so, for me it's very difficult to write a guide.

I don't think you'll need to add new rules to win some points, you're the favourite anyway ?

6 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

sorry but i don't like the idea, i feel in disadvantage as english is not my primary language so, for me it's very difficult to write a guide.

I don't think you'll need to add new rules to win some points, you're the favourite anyway 1f609.png

Just wondering, because I put time into writing guides, which means testing stuff and extra playthroughs. Having a guide also makes it easier for you all to earn the platinum. Besides, I don't see how being the favourite is a valid argument against it.

44 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just wondering, because I put time into writing guides, which means testing stuff and extra playthroughs. Having a guide also makes it easier for you all to earn the platinum. Besides, I don't see how being the favourite is a valid argument against it.

if you want to play a game in certain way and do extra stuff, that's only your desicion pal :hmm: .

Anyway, it's just my opinion. If the others support you i don't have any problem with that.

Edited by fabiansc83

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I do agree that adding more rules at this point is something we should avoid.  I do think they bring up a valid point that it puts a disadvantage to people whose primary language isn't English, but also to those who lack experience at writing guides.

But I am also of the opinion that adding new rules now should be something that we'd get a majority of participants to agree on since new rules can change how players will approach the challenge and what games they pick when many likely already have plans in motion for what they are playing.

11 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I do agree that adding more rules at this point is something we should avoid.  I do think they bring up a valid point that it puts a disadvantage to people whose primary language isn't English, but also to those who lack experience at writing guides.

But I am also of the opinion that adding new rules now should be something that we'd get a majority of participants to agree on since new rules can change how players will approach the challenge and what games they pick when many likely already have plans in motion for what they are playing.

I agree that a majority of the participants should consent to it, now that the contest has started. But, like I said it's just to compensate for the time invested, which would otherwise be used to play other games. Take God Eater 3 for example: it's a ~50 hour plat, but I'm already nearing 100 hours of playtime. Which is why I thought that it could get a multiplier of 1 or something like that.

Btw my primary language isn't English either, it's Dutch.

16 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

like I said it's just to compensate for the time invested, which would otherwise be used to play other games. 

So, play other games instead...nobody's forcing you to make guides and do extra stuff.

It's not the event's fault that you do extra stuff while participating. Sorry if i get a little rude.

27 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

So, play other games instead...nobody's forcing you to make guides and do extra stuff.

It's not the event's fault that you do extra stuff while participating. Sorry if i get a little rude.

Remember when I gave my thumbs up for Gravity Rush? A little quid pro quo would be nice at a time like this.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Remember when I gave my thumbs up for Gravity Rush? A little quid pro quo would be nice at a time like this.

C'mon pal, now i'm feeling bad about this ?.

I didn't took those points anyway cause i respected xZoneHunter's opinion when he said that Gravity Rush isn't an arpg and at the end, hes got a point cause it's labeled like a platform/adventure game.

I think i have a point too, but let's see what the others have to say pal.

Edited by fabiansc83

I'm not a fan of adding this and it's not for a lack of appreciation of guides (I glanced over the Mary Skelter guide just the other day) or the work that goes into producing them.

Prior to commencement, I would likely have just tossed this off and not worried about it as I'm just here for the fun anyway. Once the event has started though, I'm not big on adding new factors. If clarification is needed for an existing rule, fine. Otherwise, we all knew what was expected and agreed to the rules as they stood at the start or we wouldn't be here.

What we do with our gaming time is our own choice. I play games that are not part of this competition (one of the reasons I won't win it) but that is my choice. I realize that writing a guide for a game is time not gaining points but that is your choice. Others may have other factors affecting their gaming choices (other events for example) where points accumulation here is decreased for one reason or another. That is their choice.

Long story short (too late), I don't think this change should be made. If I'm in the minority, I understand and will abide by the decision of the majority.