Speedrun Platinum trophy guide?

linkdevivo

Anyone know of a good text or video guide of Final fantasy X that gets you the plat in the fastest time possible? I know @optimusmart does guides like these and i'm looking for something along those lines.

For reference:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/optimusmart/contributions/faqs

Edited by linkdevivo

Do you want to start a new speedrun category for this game and do the platinum in one sitting? Cause that's gonna take a while, and nobody runs this category... ?  

If you are simply interested in getting this plat quickly but not necessarily in world record pace, you could look at the strats for the "Nemesis%"-speedrun category. There you need to beat the superboss "Nemesis"  before moving on to beating the game. A lot of preparation that you will also need for the plat is done during this run. 

From there you could find what is not covered in the run (for example maxing out the sphere grid with all the characters, beating the Dark Aeons, etc...) and try to work it into the speedrun. 

This is the link to the current world record (19:16:26 hours): Link to Stream

Here you can find some written notes: Link to Notes

Hope that helps!

18 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Do you want to start a new speedrun category for this game and do the platinum in one sitting? Cause that's gonna take a while, and nobody runs this category... 1f605.png  

If you are simply interested in getting this plat quickly but not necessarily in world record pace, you could look at the strats for the "Nemesis%"-speedrun category. There you need to beat the superboss "Nemesis"  before moving on to beating the game. A lot of preparation that you will also need for the plat is done during this run. 

From there you could find what is not covered in the run (for example maxing out the sphere grid with all the characters, beating the Dark Aeons, etc...) and try to work it into the speedrun. 

This is the link to the current world record (19:16:26 hours): Link to Stream

Here you can find some written notes: Link to Notes

Hope that helps!

I run it for beginners, dont care about bragging about video games, just want to help beginners get it fast, get more satisfaction from that personally so make guides on it rather than go near speedrun.com

He just wants a optimised platinum route, no records needed, what u added may help though so thanks

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I was actually thinking off doing this game a one point, havent touched a FF for years, but there is just no way I can fit it in ;(

Why not? Its on PS Vita for both Final Fantasy X HD and FFX-2? Its how i managed to platinum FFX HD currently working on FF X-2 now on my Vita. Its the best way to experience it too in my opinion. Only trophy for FFX HD that gave me trouble was the chocobo race trophy this i used cross-save to the PS4 version and did it there since it was hard to do on PS Vita. 

42 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Why not? Its on PS Vita for both Final Fantasy X HD and FFX-2? Its how i managed to platinum FFX HD currently working on FF X-2 now on my Vita. Its the best way to experience it too in my opinion. Only trophy for FFX HD that gave me trouble was the chocobo race trophy this i used cross-save to the PS4 version and did it there since it was hard to do on PS Vita. 

I may do if I can fit it in at some point, dont know when that will be though or if it will ever happen

Just dont have the time

11 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I may do if I can fit it in at some point, dont know when that will be though or if it will ever happen

Just dont have the time

Yeah i mean if your not too bothered then fair enough, but if you genuinely want to play and platinum those games including World of Final Fantasy which is also on Vita i would highly recommend getting a Vita and doing it, specially if your restricted on time the Vita versions are perfect and run the same as the PS4 versions with lesser emphasise on in-depth graphics 

Edited by DarkSoleride

35 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Yeah i mean if your not too bothered then fair enough, but if you genuinely want to play and platinum those games including World of Final Fantasy which is also on Vita i would highly recommend getting a Vita and doing it, specially if your restricted on time the Vita versions are perfect and run the same as the PS4 versions with lesser emphasise on in-depth graphics 

Theres abt 300 games that id like to play and finish, probably more lol

Just too many games nowadays

• Like 1

Having played this extensively on PS2, I honestly don't think there are any huge time-saving strategies for this game. At least none that would merit a full step-by-step guide.

The only things you can really do are to make sure you get the Destruction Spheres in every temple on your first go (which there's already a guide for), along with the Al Bhed Primers as you reach each new area. And making sure you pick up the weapons for capturing monsters ASAP so you can start working on the Arena rather than wait until the very end.

Besides those things, the game is linear up until near the end, and past that it's mainly just capturing monsters (which requires backtracking everywhere anyway, so you can do Auron's Spheres and Dark Aeons while you're at it, and get anything else you missed) and grinding your Sphere Grid.

The monster capturing can be made more efficient if you manually track it yourself so you just Flee from every battle that doesn't have a monster you need, and stay in each area until you have all the monsters from there to save doubling back to the same place twice, but a walkthrough wouldn't help with that as encounters are random. I guess an actual monster guide would help you in knowing what you need? But that's about all, really.

• Like 1

In addition to what @Kristycism said (it's all good and well ?) you should rely on Yojimbo Aeon to slay some stronger enemies like the Dark Aeons... especially the stronger Aeons with some million HP take a while to defeat otherwise (including several hours of training before)... and to train for the complete sphere grid use the Triple AP, Triple XP, AP to XP Converter Weapons ? ...

Sadly the Monster Hunt is as mentioned already a random event that may take several hours to find one specific enemy...

Pay special attention to the Al Bhed Primer in Bevelle ( i think it's nr 23) that's the only one missable...

44 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

In addition to what @Kristycism said (it's all good and well 1f44d.png) you should rely on Yojimbo Aeon to slay some stronger enemies like the Dark Aeons... especially the stronger Aeons with some million HP take a while to defeat otherwise (including several hours of training before)... and to train for the complete sphere grid use the Triple AP, Triple XP, AP to XP Converter Weapons 1f60a.png ...

I left those tips out because they were in the trophy guide, but you're 100% correct. And actually, the XP weapon tips are probably the most important thing to getting the plat quicker - can't even imagine trying to complete the Sphere Grid without them! o_O

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

I left those tips out because they were in the trophy guide, but you're 100% correct. And actually, the XP weapon tips are probably the most important thing to getting the plat quicker - can't even imagine trying to complete the Sphere Grid without them! o_O

Lol you made my day :D getting max sphere grid without those weapons? I really like this game but i think i'd skip this useless grind in that case ^^ ... instead of 100 hours maybe it'd be 1000?! xD

why that trophy exists in the first place is out of my mind xD

• 7 months later...