Any Way To Get An EU PSN Card In The USA?

Parker

As the title states, I'm trying to get an EU PSN card so I can buy a game off the PS Store. Anyone know of a way to do that, or a website that will take an American debit card and send me a code thru E-Mail? I wish System 3 would just release Ferrari: The Race Experience on the American PS Store, it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a hassle.

Thanks,

Parker

You could ask someone trustworthy in the EU region to buy you one if you bank transfer the money into their account. And then get them to send you the code. If You are unsure you could get a 3rd party to overlook the transaction to make sure nothing happens.

(i.e user 1 (you) asks user 2 (lives in EU region) to get them a psn card from their region and send them the code. user 3 overlooks the transaction as a 3rd party so that both partys can have a fair say if something goes wrong.)

You could ask someone trustworthy in the EU region to buy you one if you bank transfer the money into their account. And then get them to send you the code. If You are unsure you could get a 3rd party to overlook the transaction to make sure nothing happens.

(i.e user 1 (you) asks user 2 (lives in EU region) to get them a psn card from their region and send them the code. user 3 overlooks the transaction as a 3rd party so that both partys can have a fair say if something goes wrong.)

lol, that was exactly was I was going to saw to. And I dont know, but does EU Amazon have codes? You might be able to check there, or from ebay

Have you tried creating an account in Amazon's European branch and linking your card from the US there? I'm not sure if it works, but if it does, you can buy PSN cards and have the code given to you if I'm correct.

I don't think Amazon.co.uk E-Mails you the code digitally. They mail you a case with the card inside.

Parker

Seriously man, ebay is the way to go. If you're worrying about paying a couple of dollars more than it's actual worth, well, you're going to have to go to a lot more trouble getting one through various other methods. I'm an Aussie who buys US PSN cards all the time, and because our dollar is strong at the moment in comparision, I usually only pay a $53 for a $50 US card... which is great mathematics because their store prices are usually $5-$10 cheaper per game than ours. The only things I don't buy from there are if I have the Aussie retail game, the DLC won't work from the US store. But even that isn't so much because I usually import a lot of games anyway.

Well, anyone trustworthy in the UK wanna help me out? :)

Parker

If anyone wants me to acquire PSN cards for them, I can probably do that. I'm looking at you here, James_Page. ;) If you want to private message me, I'm sure we can sort something out.

Seriously man, ebay is the way to go. If you're worrying about paying a couple of dollars more than it's actual worth, well, you're going to have to go to a lot more trouble getting one through various other methods. I'm an Aussie who buys US PSN cards all the time, and because our dollar is strong at the moment in comparision, I usually only pay a $53 for a $50 US card... which is great mathematics because their store prices are usually $5-$10 cheaper per game than ours. The only things I don't buy from there are if I have the Aussie retail game, the DLC won't work from the US store. But even that isn't so much because I usually import a lot of games anyway.

When you buy your cards from eBay, do they send you a card or give you the code digitally? I really don't want to wait for a card to show up at my door, but if they do it digitally it may be a different story.

Parker

When you buy your cards from eBay, do they send you a card or give you the code digitally? I really don't want to wait for a card to show up at my door, but if they do it digitally it may be a different story.

Parker

They send you an email with the code of the card, so you just enter that code into the Redeem Code section of the store. If you get a good seller they'll usually send that through within a few hours of purchase.

They send you an email with the code of the card, so you just enter that code into the Redeem Code section of the store. If you get a good seller they'll usually send that through within a few hours of purchase.

Still, would they charge extra for the codes? People on here would probably do fairer exchanges, given that many of us are already friends. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Still, would they charge extra for the codes? People on here would probably do fairer exchanges, given that many of us are already friends. ^_^

I can vouch for Pie's trustworthiness. ^_^

European or UK?

You can get a UK one digitally delivered instantly, so there's no shipping fees or anything, from http://shopto.net which is a rather marvellous site. It also ships games and stuff to the US.

On a related note, I didn't know this. That's good to know if I ever decide to get an EU account.

I can vouch for Pie's trustworthiness. ^_^

On a related note, I didn't know this. That's good to know if I ever decide to get an EU account.

Awww, thanks. :)

Also, yeah, I think Amazon.com is the best place for US ones, and ShopTo.net is the best place for UK ones, and (whilst they're still pretty heavily marked up) Play-Asia is the best place for JP ones, so there's somewhere you can get a code from all regions hassle-free.