Whats your progress s ranking?

Sarsky

15 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Only use Auto with V though! With Nero and Dante it would be a death trap since it could lock you on some animation you cannot dodge out of. With V you can always dodge regardless of what Griffon and Shadow are doing.

If the Queen Empusa is red you can shoot its face a few times and it will calm down. Still, you can just beat Urizen there for the bonus 20k.

Otherwise you can still get enough points just from that enemy. I got 6200 on DMD and 5950 on HaH just from it, lol.

As soon as you said that i found out best approach is as soon as it spawns make sure to get a few hits and rocket punch then grab/kill the side enemies leaving no change time. 

Prologue literally got 7376 =D just 20 more missions to go!

Btw i saw on gamesfaq some guy said he didn't lose continue nlbonus for using checkpoints retry on hell and hell, have you tried that trick? Or did you only use for no damage runs? 

39 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Btw i saw on gamesfaq some guy said he didn't lose continue nlbonus for using checkpoints retry on hell and hell, have you tried that trick? Or did you only use for no damage runs? 

If you select "Checkpoint" while playing on HaH it will send you back to the beginning since there are no checkpoints in HaH. Since you are starting over you are qualified for No Damage and No Continues again. It is nice because it skips the pre-mission cutscenes and load times.

On DMD you can force close the game to start back from the last checkpoint without losing your No Continues bonus. Pretty useful if you did well on the mission but are about to die to the boss, or any fight.

1 hour ago, AndresLionheart said:

Why not just got farm orbs for a bit? Yesterday I farmed 4m in 35 minutes. Cheesing bosses and big enemy groups with Faust's meteor makes it so much easier (at least when going for a No Damage, since you don't get much style from it).

Nah, I don't like farming that much. Besides, I did it without cheesing (or with minimal cheesing) so far, I wanna finish at least DMD without it. HaH is a different story.

43 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

If you select "Checkpoint" while playing on HaH it will send you back to the beginning since there are no checkpoints in HaH. Since you are starting over you are qualified for No Damage and No Continues again. It is nice because it skips the pre-mission cutscenes and load times.

On DMD you can force close the game to start back from the last checkpoint without losing your No Continues bonus. Pretty useful if you did well on the mission but are about to die to the boss, or any fight.

This is going to be painful... Cause long missions i fuck up i have restart especially bosses but thanks for help ill probably have to rag time boss areas and hope i dont fuck up no damage bonuses... 

Finally finished S ranking everything except HAH yesterday. So I jumped in, immediately got stuck on mission 2 and spent the next 2 hours practicing the boss fight on SOS, lol. I think I might be in serious trouble here, but I'm still enjoying the experience. HAH really makes you realize how much you're getting hit when you're playing normally.

31 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Finally finished S ranking everything except HAH yesterday. So I jumped in, immediately got stuck on mission 2 and spent the next 2 hours practicing the boss fight on SOS, lol. I think I might be in serious trouble here, but I'm still enjoying the experience. HAH really makes you realize how much you're getting hit when you're playing normally.

I would advise on some bosses ragtime like mission 1. 

Mission 2 do punchline especially crowd explosion does mass damage. 

As for boss punchline, spame charge shots and try getting hits behind if he gets to close, enemy step and tripple jump should help

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

That's why I'm playing each mission back to back. First DMD to practice (which I should get S ranks easily, except for Missions 10 and 18) and then HaH which has less aggressive enemies but still in the same places.

So far I haven't needed to repeat any, but I stupidly got hit twice by the boss on M02, so I was a lil' scared there, lol.

Buster Breakage is a good friend, it deals a shitton of damage. Don't foget that if you are in DT you can keep shooting the swords while the Buster animation is happening, and that mashing Buster or Exceed (depending on the type of animation) also adds more damage.

• Like 1

I have s ranked everything from human to DMD, but i really don't know if i can do it in Hell and Hell, just took me like 2 hours to S rank mission 2, don't know if i have what it takes to s rank everything i'm not just that good at this game. Anyone struggled this much and still was able to s rank everything? Any tips?

Just S ranked mission 10 on DMD. For the hellbat room, the safest no damage method seems to be to transform into sin devil form right in front of the Fury when you can target it, so that he will get knocked out from the transformation, and then you just pop it with Demolition and finish off the last hellbat before it hits you

5 hours ago, andrehunter said:

I have s ranked everything from human to DMD, but i really don't know if i can do it in Hell and Hell, just took me like 2 hours to S rank mission 2, don't know if i have what it takes to s rank everything i'm not just that good at this game. Anyone struggled this much and still was able to s rank everything? Any tips?

I've S ranked HAH up to mission 7 plus mission 9, 13 & 14. When I started it was very testing for me, I had to constantly repeat mission 3 because I just couldn't get enough style points and ended up going for a No Damage bonus.

My suggestion is to do the best you can learning to evade attacks and possibly trying to parry enemies at times. Use Gerbera for Nero, Trickster for Dante and for V try to keep your pets alive and know when to either slide with Shadow or double jump with Griffon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, andrehunter said:

I feel same tbh, i advice using punchline on some bosses makes life easier and just jumping and grappling helps and detonation helps too...

Mission 3 is annoying cause everytime you get hit you restart 

51 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Mission 3 is annoying cause everytime you get hit you restart 

Acrually you can get hit. Don't get fooled by your average score, the boss adds a lot at the end. I started the fight at 5400, died once to a random shot from those 2 flowers the boss spawns and still got over 6000 after beating it.

27 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Was about to get s rank mission 3 till i got hit on low health on boss i fucking hate this mode it's not even cool or fun its stupid... Theres no reason to combo, no reason to enjoy the fights literally all your doing is jumping into corners grabbing enemies then hitting them air to avoid hits... What is the point in having a s rank requirement for this mode...

Seriously i was about to do it till nope nero has to chase pretty lights

Are you talking about DMD or HaH? Since you mention being at low health I'm gonna guess DMD.

In that case if the boss kills you just close the game. When you open it again you will start from the last checkpoint without losing the No Continues bonus. I actually did this because I got killed while at over half health from those 5-6 seeds the boss sometimes shoots that move slowly toward you. I was wailing at it and all the seeds spawned on me, hitting me for all I had left o.o. I was wondering what happened but since I'm recording it I could just watch it =P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, andrehunter said:

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I basically spent the whole evening practicing the mission 3 boss fight on SOS, then trying to do it with a No Damage bonus on HAH, because I just couldn't get over 5500 points, failing over and over, practicing some more... and finally doing it. It's taking me a lot of time but I'm making progress. Once I get to mission 10 it should be smooth sailing from there (with the exception of V's boss rush mission and the Malphas mission). Look at it this way: You made it this far, do you really want to stop now? :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Acrually you can get hit. Don't get fooled by your average score, the boss adds a lot at the end. I started the fight at 5400, died once to a random shot from those 2 flowers the boss spawns and still got over 6000 after beating it.

Are you talking about DMD or HaH? Since you mention being at low health I'm gonna guess DMD.

In that case if the boss kills you just close the game. When you open it again you will start from the last checkpoint without losing the No Continues bonus. I actually did this because I got killed while at over half health from those 5-6 seeds the boss sometimes shoots that move slowly toward you. I was wailing at it and all the seeds spawned on me, hitting me for all I had left o.o. I was wondering what happened but since I'm recording it I could just watch it =P

Nah hell and hell, ive done dmd all of it, didn't specify but literally as soon as you posted your reply i beat it no damage xD this is second time this happened when you replied i did no damage!

Im about to do mission 4 on hah now so should i do auto then? And will i need zero damage if doing so?

Edited by Sarsky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarsky said:

Nah hell on hell ive done dmd all of it, didn't specify but literally as soon as you posted your reply i beat it xD this is second time this happened!

Im about to do mission 4 on hah now so should i do auto then? And will i need zero damage if doing si?

I didn't use Auto and I would recommend you don't either. Although I didn't get hit, I did the calc and I would still have gotten enough points if I died twice, but not if I had the -20% from Auto.

For M05 is a different story. On this one I wouldn't have gotten enough if I got hit.

What I'm doing with V is fighting easy fights normally (Empusas, Berserker dudes, scythe dudes), and looking at walls while doing lightnings with Griffin and basic combos or Hedgehog with Shadow for tough fights (Nobodies, Behemots, Hell Judeccas). While I do that I read the book for free DT and then fight normally while Nightmare is out since he tends to draw the aggro.

For bosses I jump around a lot.

• Like 1

Mission 6 now on HAH and im going to say its nice to have a short level this boss wont be as hard as others i think but happy i dont get to restart a entire level thats long for once in a mission. 

Literally sometimes you dont appreciate all the stupid little hits you take... Thats what i hate... 

1 hour ago, KainDMD said:

People have been doing SS, SSS rank runs which usually meant no damage on DMD since the ps2 days. The thought of having to restart from the beginning a couple or more times is only natural 

I didn't actually know that i played dmc 3 special edition as a kid but never knew there was a devoted sss ranking players that tried dmd thats pretty bad ass sorry if ny comment was ignorant just that i find it as a achievement requirement to do hell and hell kinda annoying since dmc should encourage crazy combos and tactics instead of jumping a corner avoiding looking at enemies spamming buttons. 

Dmd is fun to do s rank but hell and hell im just spamming corners.

Plus old school dmc missions were way shorter and had mostly optional fights then forced and didn't always have bosses

Mission 8 hell and hell im on now hopefully this goes well

Edited by Sarsky

6 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I basically spent the whole evening practicing the mission 3 boss fight on SOS, then trying to do it with a No Damage bonus on HAH, because I just couldn't get over 5500 points, failing over and over, practicing some more... and finally doing it. It's taking me a lot of time but I'm making progress. Once I get to mission 10 it should be smooth sailing from there (with the exception of V's boss rush mission and the Malphas mission). Look at it this way: You made it this far, do you really want to stop now? :)

Thanks for the encouragement. You're right i do want to complete this and i feel like the second half of the game has easier missions to s rank due to all that cheese lol

Now today i was able to do mission 3 and 4 without much hassle was actually suprised but then i tried to get s rank on mission 5 for about 2 hours and just couldnt get, i'll take a break and try again tomorrow, was able to beat the mission with just one death 2 times, but the points are never enough guess i really need to no damage this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarsky said:

I didn't actually know that i played dmc 3 special edition as a kid but never knew there was a devoted sss ranking players that tried dmd thats pretty bad ass sorry if ny comment was ignorant just that i find it as a achievement requirement to do hell and hell kinda annoying since dmc should encourage crazy combos and tactics instead of jumping a corner avoiding looking at enemies spamming buttons. 

Dmd is fun to do s rank but hell and hell im just spamming corners.

Plus old school dmc missions were way shorter and had mostly optional fights then forced and didn't always have bosses

Mission 8 hell and hell im on now hopefully this goes well

DMC3 SS ranks for DMD required no damage taken, and SSS was for DMC4 and they moved the no damage category into a bonus. So like I said, people did those things and they didn't turtle in corners shooting a minigun and still got the no damage while playing well, and that was on DMD. Imagine if you had to no damage all missions on DMD to get the plat haha

I'm down to 3 missions left to S rank on DMD: M10, M12, M19. This stuff is starting to prove so damn hard for my poor wrists...hopefully I finish this before getting them forever fucked up.
EDIT: M10 is done, now it's M12 and M19's turn

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, KainDMD said:

DMC3 SS ranks for DMD required no damage taken, and SSS was for DMC4 and they moved the no damage category into a bonus. So like I said, people did those things and they didn't turtle in corners shooting a minigun and still got the no damage while playing well, and that was on DMD. Imagine if you had to no damage all missions on DMD to get the plat haha

Sad thing is though ive literally been doing that on hell and hell and im mission 8 and almost beat it till i got hit by a fire ball after shooting in air like an idiot with nero...

I only ever played dmc to have fun and for trophies i never saw the enjoyment in forced additional challenges for the sake of self satisfaction since i have so many games i want to play.

But honestly i do respect people for it though since its so fun to watch especially to learn from! 

15 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Thanks for the encouragement. You're right i do want to complete this and i feel like the second half of the game has easier missions to s rank due to all that cheese lol

Now today i was able to do mission 3 and 4 without much hassle was actually suprised but then i tried to get s rank on mission 5 for about 2 hours and just couldnt get, i'll take a break and try again tomorrow, was able to beat the mission with just one death 2 times, but the points are never enough guess i really need to no damage this one.

Oh mission 5 is easy, my advise is just dont have enemies camera spam charge atracks then nightmare. 

And as for boss just charge spam griffon and spam triangle with shadow and run around stage in circles, use nightmare if thingys die. If dodging his sword attacks an issue jump towards him. 

Slow mo issue? Then nightmare in that scenario to prevent him shooting a slow mo in slow mo. 

Make sure to skip any unecersary fights and just cheese this! 

• Like 1