Whats your progress s ranking?

Sarsky

Yesterday I did Missions 07, 08 and 09. 07 and 09 were really easy, but 08 took me a bit because I was failing at my strategy that I used for all the other difficulties. But in the end that was for the better because I discovered the beauty of using Buster break skill on tougher regular enemies.

With this set up I was actually able to do just the required fights. Loadout is Ragtime > Buster > Gerbera > Ragtime > Buster > Gerbera. For the first fight I went to the left by a bench until a dude came to attack me, then I went to the opposite side and used the Ex Taunt. For some reason one enemy right off screen was walking in circles and the other was walking against the red path blocking thing in the back (this happened both times I did this part with this strat, so it seems like normal behaviour), allowing me to complete the taunt and start at S rank. Kill both dudes while going to SSS and then spam the Fury with Ragtime into Devil Bringer. If you time it correctly by waiting a split second while the Fury falls you can chain the animations, not allowing the rank to drop. By doing this I got 6000 points from that fight.

For the 2nd fight you can also get a better starting rank with an Ex Taunt if you want, but I just fought. Killed the goats and then used the Ragtine break skill to slow down time. Then I used the Attack - Attack - Attack - delayed Attack combo on the knight to make him fall down and use the Buster break to insta kill him (I used to lose a bunch of rank to him because I didn't want to risk clashing).

Now you are on your Gerbera, so use it to jump over the Empusas pit and go straight into the 3rd fight. I break the Gerbera to get into Ragtime again and fight normally until the Nobody starts getting close. Then I did the same I did for the Knight dude but on the Nobody to instantly kill him. After that he Goats are free.

I was at about 5200 points so I probably could have gotten to 5500 if I used the Ex Taunt on that 2nd fight. Anyway, I played it extremelly safe on Urizen and got my S rank =).

Moral of the story: don't sleep on Buster break skill on regular annoying enemies. It can save a headache.

Sadly, the only regular mission left with Nero is gonna be 15 (since I will do 13 as V), but I wanted to share this for people having trouble with M08, which may be the hardest/most annoying S rank.

I will also be uploading my HaH S ranks for some better visual aid. I fuck up a lot so it could be of help to people who think they need to be gods at this game to clear this mode.

Edited by AndresLionheart

Well just did mission 5 to 11, and didn't have a hard time on any f them really, mission 8 and 10 actually only took me 2 real tries both. Now onto mission 12 and i can't beat Urizen without damage. Maybe i'm misremembering but i was able to block his tentacle with Royal Guard on DMD since i no damaged him to get the S rank but now i cant, either im doing something different without realizing or RG works different in HaH? Does anyone have an idea? 

Mission 8 hell and hell s rank complete!

I found this mission easy since its only took like 2 hours to do, it sucks you literally need to get 4600 point average when you get to super deucey wagon wheel boss but im happy i did it!

Best advice is after stunning the knight and balrog if you can skip is to do

Dt, r1 + forward +triangle + circle to easy ss rank! 

I am little scared going to dante soon since ge does amazing combos and tricksters great but he has hordes... 

13 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Well just did mission 5 to 11, and didn't have a hard time on any f them really, mission 8 and 10 actually only took me 2 real tries both. Now onto mission 12 and i can't beat Urizen without damage. Maybe i'm misremembering but i was able to block his tentacle with Royal Guard on DMD since i no damaged him to get the S rank but now i cant, either im doing something different without realizing or RG works different in HaH? Does anyone have an idea? 

In HaH you die in one hit, the DT amount used with normal bocks is proportional to the damage taken, so you basically lose all your gauge and get guard broken.

You can mitigate this by using DT and block. The swords will normal block for you, saving your gauge.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

In HaH you die in one hit, the DT amount used with normal bocks os proportional to the damage taken, so you basically lose all your gauge and get guard broken.

You can mitigate this by using DT and block. The swords will normal block for you, saving your gauge.

Thanks for the tip, but i tried to RG with regular Devil trigger and it didn't work did you mean Sin Devil Trigger?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Thanks for the tip, but i tried to RG with regular Devil trigger and it didn't work did you mean Sin Devil Trigger?

I haven't tried myself since I haven't reached that mission yet. I read that on the tips thread.

You still have to guard though, thee swords won't block if you are doing something else. I can see you getting confused by that because of the way I worded it.

• Like 1

Finally managed to S rank M12, so now the only thing left is M19, aka Vergil with Dante...it'll have to wait until tomorrow
EDIT: Okay so I couldn't resist and had another go at Vergil...S ranked that mission. I now am completely, 100% done with DMD and its bullshit. I also did HoH so it's gonna be HaH's turn pretty soon, hopefully it doesn't fuck me up too bad.

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Finally managed to S rank M12, so now the only thing left is M19, aka Vergil with Dante...it'll have to wait until tomorrow
EDIT: Okay so I couldn't resist and had another go at Vergil...S ranked that mission. I now am completely, 100% done with DMD and its bullshit. I also did HoH so it's gonna be HaH's turn pretty soon, hopefully it doesn't fuck me up too bad.

Nice. Today I got Missions 10, 11, 12 and 13 done in both DMD and HaH. It feels great to be done with all the hardest stuff (08, 10 and 12). From here on should be smooth sailing =D.

A lot of the time I'm finding DMD harder than HaH. The enemies get so aggresive and take forever to kill if they get to their DT. Missions 10 and 12 took me longer to S Rank on DMD, lol

I just posted my Urizen kill on the tips thread because I got him down in under 1 minute without doing anything fancy, so it could be useful for people doing HaH.

• Like 1

Im on HAH. Mission 12. I don't have all S's so far for the mode. Same for DMD but I do for most. I plan on finishing HAH first and then doing cleanup. Ive taken a break the last few days away from the game so I haven't made any progress naturally(originally wanted the platinum by the time Bloody Palace arrived, looks like that won't be happening now).

7 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Nice. Today I got Missions 10, 11, 12 and 13 done in both DMD and HaH. It feels great to be done with all the hardest stuff (08, 10 and 12). From here on should be smooth sailing =D.

A lot of the time I'm finding DMD harder than HaH. The enemies get so aggresive and take forever to kill if they get to their DT. Missions 10 and 12 took me longer to S Rank on DMD, lol

I just posted my Urizen kill on the tips thread because I got him down in under 1 minute without doing anything fancy, so it could be useful for people doing HaH.

I think I'll have an easier time with HaH because it's basically SoS with an added rule, and I already S ranked SoS without too many damages. Besides, now I'm used to DMD's bullshit so it should be easy to go back to a lower level of difficulty.

9 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I'm about to jump into mission 12 today. Is it true that you can't block the boss' tentacle attack with Royal Guard on HAH? Should I practice dodging it before going in?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I'm about to jump into mission 12 today. Is it true that you can't block the boss' tentacle attack with Royal Guard on HAH? Should I practice dodging it before going in?

You should be able to block it while in DT because the swords take the hit. I didn't try myself because spamming trickster dash worked fine and freed me from remembering I had to switch to RG and pop DT every time.

Getting to the fight takes like 3 minutes, but you can practice in SoS if you feel like it. Since I did it in DMD right before doing it in HaH I had already an idea of what I wanted to do. Alternatively, you can also keep going if he hits you to get some more practice without having to go to SoS.

Check the video if you want some visual aid, I was surprised at how fast it went. I also mentioned this in that post but if you time the meteor correctly it is possible to stun Urizen again right as he is standing back up, opening him up for a follow up meteor for the kill.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

You should be able to block it while in DT because the swords take the hit. I didn't try myself because spamming trickster dash worked fine and freed me from remembering I had to switch to RG and pop DT every time.

Getting to the fight takes like 3 minutes, but you can practice in SoS if you feel like it. Since I did it in DMD right before doing it in HaH I had already an idea of what I wanted to do. Alternatively, you can also keep going if he hits you to get some more practice without having to go to SoS.

Check the video if you want some visual aid, I was surprised at how fast it went. I also mentioned this in that post but if you time the meteor correctly it is possible to stun Urizen again right as he is standing back up, opening him up for a follow up meteor for the kill.

Alright, thanks! I'll just give it a shot and see what happens. That tentacle attack is my only real concern. I've cheesed the hell out of the boss with Dr. Faust on DMD and I'm guessing the same method should work on HAH.

• Like 1

What I did on mission 12 Urizen was use black hole to destroy the crystal use right away the ultimate attack (triangle+square), then i waited for him to use the tentacle attack and i trickster dashed behind him, use regular faust until he got down on one knee, got some distance from him or when he gets back up he'll attack you straight up and used a nivel 2 meteor, he was about to start a tentacle attack but the meteor killed him before that. Did it on my first try today after failing so many times yesterday.

Also was able to s rank everything from 12 to 16. I was so nervous for mission 14-16 but it wasn't that bad. on 14 got hit 2 times on Goliath but still got an S rank. on 15 it took me a few tries but ended up getting a no damage run simply because it's so easy with Nero to stay airborne all the time and not get hit on the final boss use punchline a lot and charged shot from far away as possible only get close when it comes down and use a showdown and after a charged mega buster on DT for massive damage. 16 got it on my first try just nuked everything with faust. 

I'm feeling it getting closer and closer, after i just have some miscellaneous trophies and the Heaven or Hell playtrough for a chill end to the platinum. When i started this i didn't think i had it in me to complete it, it literally took me like 3 hours to s rank mission 2 on hell and hell, but now here i am, if you are reading this and thinking about whether you should go for this or not, i'm in no way shape or form a great player that can do crazy combos, you dont have to a crazy good player to get this plat, just put some time practicing and use all the cheese the game lets you use. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

What I did on mission 12 Urizen was use black hole to destroy the crystal use right away the ultimate attack (triangle+square), then i waited for him to use the tentacle attack and i trickster dashed behind him, use regular faust until he got down on one knee, got some distance from him or when he gets back up he'll attack you straight up and used a nivel 2 meteor, he was about to start a tentacle attack but the meteor killed him before that. Did it on my first try today after failing so many times yesterday.

Also was able to s rank everything from 12 to 16. I was so nervous for mission 14-16 but it wasn't that bad. on 14 got hit 2 times on Goliath but still got an S rank. on 15 it took me a few tries but ended up getting a no damage run simply because it's so easy with Nero to stay airborne all the time and not get hit on the final boss use punchline a lot and charged shot from far away as possible only get close when it comes down and use a showdown and after a charged mega buster on DT for massive damage. 16 got it on my first try just nuked everything with faust. 

I'm feeling it getting closer and closer, after i just have some miscellaneous trophies and the Heaven or Hell playtrough for a chill end to the platinum. When i started this i didn't think i had it in me to complete it, it literally took me like 3 hours to s rank mission 2 on hell and hell, but now here i am, if you are reading this and thinking about whether you should go for this or not, i'm in no way shape or form a great player that can do crazy combos, you dont have to a crazy good player to get this plat, just put some time practicing and use all the cheese the game lets you use. 

Just took your advice! Now on mission 13! Hell and hell! Cant wait to finish s ranking this game! 

• Like 1

Mission 8 is just stupid on DMD, I had 5867 stylish points on my first attempt. I feel like this will be the last truly challenging mission for Nero. I already did all of his missions on HAH and SOS but DMD is just aggravating with the stylish levels that you need. I might have to attempt a no damage run on this, as impossible as that seems. After this it's just everything for Nero up until this mission, then Dante's missions on SOS, DMD and HAH.

Edited by SouIXReaper
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SouIXReaper said:

Mission 8 is just stupid on DMD, I had 5867 stylish points on my first attempt. I feel like this will be the last truly challenging mission for Nero. I already did all of his missions on HAH and SOS but DMD is just aggravating with the stylish levels that you need. I might have to attempt a no damage run on this, as impossible as that seems. After this it's just everything for Nero up until this mission, then Dante's missions on SOS, DMD and HAH.

5867 after the multiplier? That's unfortunate. I did that mission on my "serious" first try by equipping a bunch of devil breakers and killing everything including the 2 pits. I used the special for ragtime and gerbera in the pits and the damage and points kept racking up. I was way in the 5k before I even reached the demon king. So my advice is put a bunch of devil breakers and use them, there's like 2 statues to refill at

4 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

5867 after the multiplier? That's unfortunate. I did that mission on my "serious" first try by equipping a bunch of devil breakers and killing everything including the 2 pits. I used the special for ragtime and gerbera in the pits and the damage and points kept racking up. I was way in the 5k before I even reached the demon king. So my advice is put a bunch of devil breakers and use them, there's like 2 statues to refill at

If I can't beat the boss without taking damage then I might try that. It's the Fury in the 1st battle that screws me up the most. I just find it too difficult to fight him and maintain a high score. Had a little over 5k once then I messed up the 2nd battle. I've also been relying on Gerbera way too much, that devil breaker is pretty much the reason for all of my S ranks with Nero so far.

8 minutes ago, SouIXReaper said:

If I can't beat the boss without taking damage then I might try that. It's the Fury in the 1st battle that screws me up the most. I just find it too difficult to fight him and maintain a high score. Had a little over 5k once then I messed up the 2nd battle. I've also been relying on Gerbera way too much, that devil breaker is pretty much the reason for all of my S ranks with Nero so far.

Try to get your rank up with the 2 dudes (I was able to do a full Ex Taunt with them), then have a Ragtime followed by a Buster. Before the Fury spawns start charging the Ragtime for the time slow and then do the charged Buster on it. I didn't do that but my guess is that it should kill him in one attack.

What I do is use the pit with the Empusas and the Behemot to get lots of points. I think I got out of there with 5400 last time, which is more than enough after the 1.2x bonus.

1 hour ago, SouIXReaper said:

Gerbera is good in that level. Lots of closed spaces for the lasers to bounce off of. Keep using ragtime on the fury and grabbing it over and over until it's dead, don't worry about style on him, you will get it back in the pits. Just stay in the air and try to avoid damage. But it shouldn't be too hard if you keep using the specials to kill everything fast