Periodic updates for all gamers tracked

So i had this other thread:

and in that thread a new idea was constructed that might deserve its own topic.

How about updating all gamer profiles periodically?

there are 3.800.000 gamers tracked on this website.

however only 280.000 registered users who receive auto-updates.

should there be a monthly, or bi-monthly, or quarterly mass update for all profiles? Even the inactive ones who may be active again.

is this feasible?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Still really strange to see a game with in-game leaderboard of 100.000-200.000 gamers, to only have 1500 gamers on psnprofiles..

i don’t think this will ever be fixed. And i’m not going premium again until it does

You do know that all profiles here must be manually typed at least once to get into database? Or do you expect PSNProfiles to pull data of millions and millions of accounts of people who didn't even signup for this site?

Yes, unregistered users not having their profile data updated might cause some disparity issues, but auto-updates for registered/premium users is what works now and the administrator still is doing works for when PSN ID name changing is open for everyone, this site will be ready for that.

13 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

You do know that all profiles here must be manually typed at least once to get into database? Or do you expect PSNProfiles to pull data of millions and millions of accounts of people who didn't even signup for this site?

Yes, unregistered users not having their profile data updated might cause some disparity issues, but auto-updates for registered/premium users is what works now and the administrator still is doing works for when PSN ID name changing is open for everyone, this site will be ready for that.

3.800.000 people’s usernames have been entered at some point, however this site is only renewing the info on 280.000 users. That’s throwing away like 93% info. So yes i do expect this from psnprofiles, because they currently HAVE millions and millions of accounts of people who didn’t sign up.

It certainly would be nice to update them at least sometimes. Once in a month or a quarter. It's kinda sad to see new popular games with 5000-10000 game owners overall.

Also would boost the rarity by a large margin for whose who cares.

The feature you are talking about was working several months ago. All profiles tracked by this website were updated at least once a week. It's just broken and Sly does not provide any info whatsoever about it being fixed ever again.