Share your boss cheese >: D

15 hours ago, Makaveli0160 said:

Yep, gave it a try when suddenly ran out of items during Corrupted Monk fight on NG+. He was absolutely brutal.

Also please note - do not go for the Ape first. Go for the Monk first, as killing Ape and getting the flower changes the game world a little bit. To get to Mibu Village, you will have to plough throuh one of Snake-Eyes miniboss and then obliterate the Ape 2.0, whereas when going for Monk first you would breeze through those areas (before Ape, Snake-Eyes is surrounded by way weaker enemies).

Also good thing would be to beat Monk and Ape and NOT get the items, just activate Idols near them. Then you want to get both items and get back to Abandoned Dungeon Entrance (other Shirata Castle idols are inactive now). This way you will save yourself trouble of traversing through areas with new apparition-type enemies which are mighty strong and can be a pain if handled wrong.

Not going to lie, Corrupted Monk gave me a run for my money on NG+. When I fought it on NG, I beat both versions on either the first or second try. I started dying a few times then decided fuck it, I'll just get at least one of the stealth kills from the trees lol.

I also made the mistake of doing Ape first. I got lost while speedrunning my NG+ playthrough, but didn't think that Monk was on the other side of the cave they both end up in. Besides that, the bride takes an additional 2 firecrackers than she did on NG, making it hard to blitz her without being interrupted by the headless madman. Was not worth the extra +1 attack power, as I got held up for nearly 30 minutes trying to beat that duo again. My least favorite fight, for sure.

1 hour ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Besides that, the bride takes an additional 2 firecrackers than she did on NG, making it hard to blitz her without being interrupted by the headless madman. Was not worth the extra +1 attack power, as I got held up for nearly 30 minutes trying to beat that duo again. My least favorite fight, for sure.

Precisely that.

I also was quite confident while going for Ape 2.0. I thought - yeah, whatever, I will blast both of you to pieces like I did on my first playthrough. I quickly reconsidered my mindset when noticed that Lady Ape's Posture gauge does not want to fill itself that quick. I also made a mistake ending as a middleman to the sandwich, which apparently triggers Mr Ape's attack patterns instantly. 

On the second try, though, I immediately ran for Lady Ape and spammed the heck out of her with my firecrackers, while keeping her between me and Mr Ape (which, as it turned out, made him hesitant in starting his attacks). I have made it with Deathblow just in time, so I had invincible frames while Mr Ape was screaming through his fancy trombone. If it wasn't for the Deathblow, I would have got Terror instakill, as I had him totally out of view while he was prepping to scream again.

Right now studying Emma and Isshin's movesets for Shura ending. Will probably write some quick guide when I will manage to beat them.

Also there is a very nice cheesing method as far as all of the Lone Shadow Warriors are concerned. The one in Hirata Estate 2.0 can be easily lured out of the property and (like in every other FROMSOFTWARE game) he will slowly retreat to his initially programmed arena. He is totally vulnerable at this point and is not hostile. He will just retreat and won't attack even if you literally start bumping into his body. The same technique applies to the one appearing near Great Serpent Valley Idol in endgame. Just lure him out into the tall grass and he will start to slowly retreat back into the building. Bash 'em as hard as you can during that.

Edited by Makaveli0160

22 hours ago, Makaveli0160 said:

Precisely that.

I also was quite confident while going for Ape 2.0. I thought - yeah, whatever, I will blast both of you to pieces like I did on my first playthrough. I quickly reconsidered my mindset when noticed that Lady Ape's Posture gauge does not want to fill itself that quick. I also made a mistake ending as a middleman to the sandwich, which apparently triggers Mr Ape's attack patterns instantly. 

On the second try, though, I immediately ran for Lady Ape and spammed the heck out of her with my firecrackers, while keeping her between me and Mr Ape (which, as it turned out, made him hesitant in starting his attacks). I have made it with Deathblow just in time, so I had invincible frames while Mr Ape was screaming through his fancy trombone. If it wasn't for the Deathblow, I would have got Terror instakill, as I had him totally out of view while he was prepping to scream again.

Right now studying Emma and Isshin's movesets for Shura ending. Will probably write some quick guide when I will manage to beat them.

Also there is a very nice cheesing method as far as all of the Lone Shadow Warriors are concerned. The one in Hirata Estate 2.0 can be easily lured out of the property and (like in every other FROMSOFTWARE game) he will slowly retreat to his initially programmed arena. He is totally vulnerable at this point and is not hostile. He will just retreat and won't attack even if you literally start bumping into his body. The same technique applies to the one appearing near Great Serpent Valley Idol in endgame. Just lure him out into the tall grass and he will start to slowly retreat back into the building. Bash 'em as hard as you can during that.

Yep after dying a handful of times to the duo I finally learned exactly where to stand so that when the bride falls, she does not knock me back. I stood there and when she hit the ground, I rushed he immediately and spammed R2. It took 7 firecrackers this time, but I was able to get her while Ape did an easy to read attack that I jumped over. Once I got her down and out of the picture it was basically a free win, as I mastered Ape's moves by now and still had some crosses left over for my rice hat to avoid the terror.

I did the same thing with the Hirata Estate lone warrior, lol. I actually got him stuck on the well that you can jump down. Once he was stuck there he couldn't even move! Was not about dealing with a 4v1 fight, even if the dogs were 1-shot.

Okay, so I managed to plough through Emma/Isshin and while I was at it, I also obliterated Owl 1.0 so I'd be able to proceed to the Fountainhead Palace to gather 4 remaining Lapis Lazuli pieces needed for Prosthetics.

Cannot tell which fight was harder. What I can tell, though, is how awfully NG+ nerfs Sekiro's Posture build-up ratio. The rate at which Isshin/Owl 1.0 were building up my Posture with simple swipes was ridiculous. This was literally the first time that I needed to make use of the practice of holding block while waiting for boss to attack. Turned out it was absolutely crucial not to get staggered and OHK'd. Especially Owl's heavy slash (that for some reason he totally loves to spam while on NG+) reduces my health bar by 90%. 90%!

After couple of tries I have mastered his moveset. So, Owl basically has three moves that open him for some serious slashing. First one will be the one-two combo which he starts from his right followed by a quick sweep upwards from the left - this second sweep you want to dodge to the right. If done right, you will end up directly behind Owl's back and will be able to land two attacks, three tops. 

Second attack will be when he drops debuffing orb on the floor - you want to quickly run behind him (do not dodge as it is way harder to control and you may end up dodging straight into debuffing cloud) and land another one, two blows at best. 

The third one is when Owl throws two shurikens at you and follows that with a sommersault with ground slam. You want to wait at the last moment before he lands and then dodge diagonally to the right/left, so you will end up directly behind his back.

I also found out that it is way easier to circle him to the right, as most of the attacks he does beginning from his left (so when dodged to the right, you end up in the area from which the attacks are being initiated). 

It is also possible to roll through his heavy sweep, however I found it rather unclear and sometimes it wasn't entirely possible to do so (for example, when he cornered me by poison and I couldn't get the camera angle right in time to dodge that). 

Strategy for phase two will be basically the same. There are couple of differences in his attacks, though. 

When he throws two shurikens at you, he won't always follow that with a front sommersault with ground slam. He will most of the time throw poison bags in your direction, so you want to quickly dodge to the back after deflecting both of the shurikens. Another good strategy is to abort deflecting shurikens and then running around instead. Note, however, that it may be tricky when there is already one poison spilled on the floor. Sometimes he will actually follow shurikens with a sommersault and that is the window for you to get up close and personal with him and bash him as hard as you can. 

When he vanishes into cloud of smoke, IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL TO KEEP TABS ON HIM AT ALL TIMES! He loves to follow that with debuffing orb or heavy slash, which may result in you losing the battle. Either escape or dodge directly into Owl. In case he throws the orb, you will manage to get behind him by that dodge and slash him couple of times while smoke is still all around you. I found that it works every time when the smokescreen is being thrown by him near the border of the arena or in the corner.

As far as Emma/Isshin Ashina are concerned, those fights are total opposites of each other. 

In order to beat Emma, you want to be as aggresive as possible - the tactic here is to build up her Posture gauge as quick as possible. Do not bother with actually depleting her health bar - it is way easier to fill Posture instead.

Emma has a couple of windows for dealing damage.

One is after the long-ass combo, which she ends with something that looks like her trying to snatch the blade out of Sekiro's hand. That leaves her trembling on her feet and if dodged into her, you can land two blows tops.

Second one would be her grab attack - she will have her blade sheathed, so that's the indication that she is going for grab. You want to jump to the back or to the left and then quickly dodge into her and deal some damage - she recovers from missed grab quite slowly.

She also have couple of MIkiri chances - one is when she is close to you, and the second one is when she is away (the second tends to be triggered by you actually using your item while away, so you cannot end your healing sequence before she lands it).

There is also one Red-marked sweep that you can simply jump over and double jump on her head, dealing in Posture damage.

She also have Isshin-like attacks where she sheathes her blade and follows that with two slashes leaving marks in the air. As soon as you see that, you want to start running to the left and when she goes forward, start running behind her back. If done right, she will miss both of those attacks and you will end up right behind her, being able to land another two blows.

Do everything like that and always attack her to provoke her combos. Also, remember about holding block when she is walking around. You always want to start deflecting her attacks with Posture gauge at 0.

Isshin's a way different beast to tackle. Being aggressive, as in Emma's phase, will no work here at all.

You want to slash him once to provoke him into doing something. Also, do not get distracted by his long-ass strolling around the arena. He loves to appear just in front of you and deal massive damage.

Also, his combos are really hard to deflect, as they are totally out of usual tempo. He loves to delay his slashes as much as possible, so be aware of that.

He has couple of attacks that leave him defenseless. One will be a Mikiri-compatible thrust. There is also an attack similar to Emma's where he sheathes his blade and follows that with forward leap ending in two slashes that leave marks in the air. This can also be evaded to the left, the same as in Emma's phase.

He also tends to do Ichimonji from time to time. Sometimes he gets into Ichimonji stance right after his combo, but will not follow up on that until you get close to that. Do not get close to it as it is hard to dodge. You rather want to wait for his normal Ichimonji - he will stand with his blade above his head, and follow that with two hardcore slashes. Get to the left and dodge into him after first slash. This way you will end up just behind his back. In this fight you want to deplete his health, as being aggressive is pointless here.

Second phase is way harder than the first one, unfortunately. He will add three flame-infused attacks. One will be where he stomps on the floor, and follows that with upward slash that leaves a big-ass trail of fire on the floor. You can either run behind him (only if he is away from the corners!) and slash at him, or wait just before the slash and jump in the direction of your movement.

The second one will be one stomp, followed by a horizontal slash, engulfing his surrounding in flames. You want to jump over that behind his back. Sometimes you will land close enough to be able to get to him and slash him while he still does the animation, sometimes it is better to dodge away from that. 

Third attack (and the most dangerous) will be when he starts growling. As soon as you hear him growl, run up to him and throw Firecrackers at him. Follow that with couple of slashes. DO NOT let him do the growling attack, as he will cover the arena in flames and thrust at you with counltess fast sweeps from every direction, which will fill your Postue gauge (if you even managed to evade the flames before that). 

So, for this fight, you want to be extra patient and slow. Wait for windows ONLY. Do not attack him at your own, as it will result in him damaging you, not the other way around.

I just developed this because I couldn't get the easy steath kill cheese to work. So for those that want a very safe way to kill the True Corrupted Monk and have time to kill:         Skip ahead to 9:10 unless you want to watch me get wrecked lol. The method after I figured outy where to stand during phase 2 is very safe, I promise.

Edited by phoenix_shade

Are we calling running around like a little bitch and attacking when there's an opening a cheese?

That's exactly what I did with TDoH. Every guide and video said to stay near him but I could not do it.

Constantly running from him was intense and it's now my favourite boss fight. 

20 hours ago, reiner- said:

Are we calling running around like a little bitch and attacking when there's an opening a cheese?

That's exactly what I did with TDoH. Every guide and video said to stay near him but I could not do it.

Constantly running from him was intense and it's now my favourite boss fight. 

Basically any unintended way of gaining victory is pretty cheesy by my standards haha. Although fair play I accidentally Included my first attempt in which I brutally got massacred by phase 2 lol. oops.

Found this out in end game. skip to 1:55 for the good stuff. everything prior to that was me (clumsily) setting it up. Took me a sec to realize the boss wasn't gonna die, and figured I should pick off ones that were about to die.

Edited by ThaiChi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ThaiChi said:

Found this out in end game. skip to 1:55 for the good stuff. everything prior to that was me (clumsily) setting it up. Took me a sec to realize the boss wasn't gonna die, and figured I should pick off ones that were about to die.

Haha this great.

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, SairenOne said:

Man that's not cheesy. That's called kicking arse.

• Like 1

Not my strategy but after being stuck on demon of hatred for a while I looked up a good strategy and the best 1 by far in the game involves making the demon of hatred jump off the cliff and you never have to swing your sword once or get hit.

Edited by lurch_9944
Added link

1 hour ago, lurch_9944 said:

Not my strategy but after being stuck on demon of hatred for a while I looked up a good strategy and the best 1 by far in the game involves making the demon of hatred jump off the cliff and you never have to swing your sword once or get hit.

Saw this one today.

This is classic cheesing. I've also seen this method work for Gyoubu Oniwa.

15 minutes ago, reiner- said:

Saw this one today.

This is classic cheesing. I've also seen this method work for Gyoubu Oniwa.

It took me probably 5 minutes to get the jump to the wall down. It's got some really weird frame you have to jump on but it's better than the multiple hours it would of taken at the rate I was going. 

8 hours ago, lurch_9944 said:

I came across this guy's guides too. I can't stand his (fake?) accent, but can't argue that some of the methods he came up with are pretty effective.

Edited by ThaiChi