Your thoughts on Multiplayer?

amebapiko

i was playing a bit of the MP the other day and was enjoying it. It's kinda different and really promotes team play and to make strategies. 

I usually get bored of multiplayer quick but i could see myself playing this for a while.

If anyone wants to play some time add me, i'm looking for people to group with because most of the time my team likes to do there own thing lol.

• Like 1

Just completed the firefly journey, those trophies for the journeys aren't too hard they are just risky and take a while... I'm having so much fun kicking serious ass with my bow on Survivors game mode (just started playing this game mode now)

It's pretty fun, but for me it got boring fast. However, I'm just not a big fan of multiplayer games period. I wish there were more maps & I would love to see a DLC with an infected mode, where you fight off the infected in teams or something, sorta like black ops zombies kinda thing. But yeah, I was surprised at how unique the multiplayer was with the whole clan system, it's really cool and ND did a great job on providing us with something new rather than the same old generic kinda multiplayer that lots of games have.

It's pretty fun, but for me it got boring fast. However, I'm just not a big fan of multiplayer games period. I wish there were more maps & I would love to see a DLC with an infected mode, where you fight off the infected in teams or something, sorta like black ops zombies kinda thing. But yeah, I was surprised at how unique the multiplayer was with the whole clan system, it's really cool and ND did a great job on providing us with something new rather than the same old generic kinda multiplayer that lots of games have.

Yeah its a really unique and nice MP and i see so much great potential for DLC and updates in this game!

I'm on my second journey week 12, 100% risk, first game the game was glitching and laggy or 2 more matches to fufill my mission...

worst experience i have had after 40 hours of MP was on one occasion put into a game that had ended and half my people got sick.

• 2 weeks later...

It was alright. It does promote teamwork at least to some extend. The CODers whined  to me about it since they can't take out groups of 4 alone like COD. Still it's something to waste your time on for awhile before getting the MP trophies and hitting up SP. As for the weeks save the healing one after Week 6 during the 100% Wipeouts. You'll easily net the required numbers in 1 match.

I like the multiplayer as well. But, I think it would be nice to have a new multiplayer mode were you can be clickers (infected ones). Not sure how can they do that. lol. Or a new multiplayer mode were we would fight infected to traverse the level and get the supplies. 

Add me if you want.

Edited by GameQuirks

Just completed the firefly journey, those trophies for the journeys aren't too hard they are just risky and take a while... I'm having so much fun kicking serious ass with my bow on Survivors game mode (just started playing this game mode now)

Any tips for using the bow? I am doing a Downs mission w/bow and so far I have 0 (after 2 matches).

Any advice is appreciated!

I like the multiplayer because it's slow paced and requires you to think, reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas in a way! With that being said, I'm going for the two multiplayer gold trophies and the team balancing is SUCH GARBAGE!!!!!!!! Every time I go into matchmaking it finds a LV 1, LV 48, LV 50, LV 2, LV43, LV 0, LV 30 - It's sad because I can predict it EVERY TIME, I am ALWAYS paired with the level 1's, 0's, 2's, it doesn't even seem to CONSIDER to balance the teams!!! Many times those high levels are not in a party together but are still grouped together, it pisses me off because as a result I constantly have to quit out to the XMB mid-match so I don't fail my challenges against this impossibly unbalanced enemy team. 

Besides that, when I am actually paired and balanced with people that are similar to my level, it is actually a really enjoyable multiplayer! lol

• Like 1

I like the multiplayer because it's slow paced and requires you to think, reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas in a way! With that being said, I'm going for the two multiplayer gold trophies and the team balancing is SUCH GARBAGE!!!!!!!! Every time I go into matchmaking it finds a LV 1, LV 48, LV 50, LV 2, LV43, LV 0, LV 30 - It's sad because I can predict it EVERY TIME, I am ALWAYS paired with the level 1's, 0's, 2's, it doesn't even seem to CONSIDER to balance the teams!!! Many times those high levels are not in a party together but are still grouped together, it pisses me off because as a result I constantly have to quit out to the XMB mid-match so I don't fail my challenges against this impossibly unbalanced enemy team. 

Besides that, when I am actually paired and balanced with people that are similar to my level, it is actually a really enjoyable multiplayer! lol

Yeah I wish the Gold Trophies for each Journey were a little bit shorter. Maybe just cut them in half at just 6 weeks?

• Like 1

Yeah I wish the Gold Trophies for each Journey were a little bit shorter. Maybe just cut them in half at just 6 weeks?

That would be great, first off I'm one of those guys who are hugely against trophies that involve you making a "career" out of multiplayer, and the Last of Us contains not one of those trophies, but two of them. And to top it all off, for both of those multiplayer trophies, you can fail them and have to go back and redo the entire 12 weeks. They're very annoying and I'd be able to handle them better if it wasn't for the ridiculous team balancing (or lack of team balancing that is).

Edited by BlindMango

I actually dont think it uses game balancing in the lobbies. I am pretty sure it just finds 4 fireflys and 4 hunters and just pairs them together, regardless of skill or level.

I don't think that's how it works. I've had people on my team, who have been enemies in the next game. I think, when you're a Hunter, you see all your allies as Hunters, even if some are playing Fireflies. And they would see you as a Firefly when you're really a Hunter. Do you get what I'm saying? From what I've seen I think that's how it works.

Edited by ShadowGandalf