YT - Does this happen to anyone else?

Eremoto

So, yesterday I was in my phone, scrolling through my YouTube subscriptions and I noticed new videos from a channel I didn't know and I had no recollection of subscribing. I unsubbed and paid it no mind but a few hours earlier I get a notificiation (as if I checked the bell icon) of an upload from another channel.

This time is a channel I know. A channel I used to be a sub of but unsubbed since an increase of lack-luster uploads and quality. My guess is that maybe using the phone while almost sleep or having it in my pocket might've just accidentaly clicked the subscribe option from a recomendation and that's that, but it also had the bell icon checked and I got an email telling me about the upload.

And this made me think, considering YTs shaky reputation with dealing with it's community, copyright strikes and advertisers, that it may have some sort of auto-sub bot going around, but I hope it's just my silly conspiracy side playing games with my mind. Has it happened to anyone else? Did Youtube subscribe you to a channel you didn't remember subbing?

Yeah, I remember a while back I saw a channel in my subscriptions that I had never even heard of. I don't know how I would have accidentally subscribed myself, so I assumed that it was some sort of bug. I hear about people getting unsubbed from channels all the time, so YouTube subbing you to random channels doesn't seem that far-fetched.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Someone has your login information.

This is my first thought, I'd change your info OP. Just to be safe.

Just now, JEDEDIAH said:

YouTube has problems with Subscriptions and Notifications, and no, I highly doubt someone has your account.

Takes like 5 seconds to change it.

Yep, I sometimes get notifications of channels I have never subbed and from some that I have never even visited in my entire life. Pretty sure I'm the only with my login and info and I've gone through updating said info to no avail. It just happens randomly and is not that frequent though. I either think of it has some sort of glitch on YouTube's notification system or that they're trying to force-feed us with content that we're not interested in for X or Y reason.

Either way, I just unsub or check my notifications and move on.

• Like 1