Love this game

dannyswfc9

On 2022-03-07 at 11:24 AM, kevao97 said:

I have never found any notes of difficulty that are accurate, and they are almost always far below. I'm surprised anyone takes these guide notes seriously.

PSNP guide difficulty is rated by the author of the guide so the rating will always be subjective, and someone who is writing a guide on a game is going to have more knowledge and skill than the average player already. But still, you’d assume most guides to at least be within the ballpark and not off by more than 1-2 points.

For harder games I always like to check Playstationtrophies as they use community polling to find a difficulty rating, and people also post comments alongside their votes so you get a far more accurate sense of difficulty, and specific information about what people found difficult and why. I wish PSNP had a similar system as it would help guides more accurately reflect the difficulty rating of a game.

i was actually thinking to buy this game months back before it got on ps plus but never purchased it thinking that its just crash team racing copy and boy I was soo wrong! 

This game is soo fun and addictive I love the whole team aspect of the game , tracks are fun and team ultimate type animation are my favorite

only thing i feel is they should have included better power up and attack weapon else the game is extremely awesome

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happyman778 said:

I started playing this as a nice, easy, relaxing game whilst playing Elden Ring. But now Elden Ring has become that relaxing game!

This is the funniest game related comment I've read in a while.

Yeah, appearances can be deceiving. Sometimes "cute" games are quite challenging.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, happyman778 said:

I started playing this as a nice, easy, relaxing game whilst playing Elden Ring. But now Elden Ring has become that relaxing game!

Expert difficulty is no joke (especially when combined with the fact that I am seemingly pretty awful).

Lol! ? I relate to this. I feel like I probably shaved around 5 years off my lifespan getting this platinum. One of the more stressful and frustrating games I’ve played in awhile. 

I guess I am bad at video game. The 4/10 platinum game drives me nut. It took me around 3 hours to get all platinum medals of Dare Devil challenges but a single Ring challenge cost me same the amount of time. I have not touch the other challenges yet and I feel so frustrating to proceed. It's not the same excitement when I started playing this game.

2 hours ago, gelukrait said:

I guess I am bad at video game. The 4/10 platinum game drives me nut. It took me around 3 hours to get all platinum medals of Dare Devil challenges but a single Ring challenge cost me same the amount of time. I have not touch the other challenges yet and I feel so frustrating to proceed. It's not the same excitement when I started playing this game.

This game has a pretty steep learning curve. I suggest watching youtube videos regarding the challenges. There are some different techniques so watch several. At one point during a destruction challenge I saw a video suggesting firing rockets backwards instead of to the front. This helped massively. 

On topic: I enjoyed the game and although I can see other peoples complaints about the difficulity it wasn't too hard altogether. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gelukrait said:

Yeah. I don't think this is a 4/10 difficulty either after getting the platinum several days ago. Definitely not close to the hardest but challenging especially if you don't play a lot of racing games. I remember the platinum rate was in the mid 4% when I started which is probably more indicative of the difficulty.

Oddly enough, the expert difficulty wasn't too bad since for the non-grand prix races all you had to do was place 3rd for it to count as completed. It's definitely the challenges (ring drift challenges in particular) that are the roadblocks here. To get the platinum medals for a lot of those, you have to be both fast and not make a single mistake.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gelukrait said:

The Ring challenges can be brutal, you have to be extremely precise in your drifting as the time windows are so unforgiving. I would highly recommend using Technique racers for these.

Also very important - it seems you don’t get any time bonus from just driving through the rings. You have to drift through the rings for it to count, so the ring challenges often turn into very, very long stretches of continuous drifting (like literally the entire track sometimes). It takes lots of practice.

The hardest one for my by far was the Traffic map on Chapter 6 (6-10 I think?). Those high speed drifts through the super densely packed sewer area were insanely frustrating and almost made me break a controller. I got 2700/2800 points more times than I can count. It took me hours to finally nail that bastard.

Also for some reason Chapter 7 seems to have both the easiest races & challenges in the entire game, it’s almost like they just phoned it in at that point lol. It was weird. Not that I cared at that point, I just wanted to finish so badly.

14 hours ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

. At one point during a destruction challenge I saw a video suggesting firing rockets backwards instead of to the front.

Yes there are several tracks where you can do this immediately when the race starts and get a head start on points. I tried both very precise aiming & just spamming rockets like a madman, and honestly spamming rockets seems like the way to to.

Drifting through targets gets you a big drift bonus, so I tried to drift as many as possible, and I’d ricochet spam my rockets off the walls so they’d bounce ahead down the track and take out targets. By the time I caught up they had respawned and I could drift through which was basically like getting double points at times.

Also Stage 5-10 (Sky Ring Road Destruction) has a very nice and easy exploit. If you simply drift in circles at the bottom of the huge ramp in front of the start line, you can smash through the same 6 targets repeatedly and very quickly rack up a platinum score. That’s a real tough course too so I’d recommend taking advantage of this. 

• Like 1

I finished the game yesterday. It's sucks if you play it solo, the campaign is designed for COOP play, but fails mostly when playing with bots. Every race just turned into the same pattern: drive casually til 3rd lap, then activate team-boost. I enjoyed the different game modes/challenges, though they were not particular fun either. The worst key/side objective was in the 7th chapter, two team boosts and all team mates need to make it in the top three in elimination. Good luck with that when red-dumbass-knuckles decides to fall back every damn time. :| 

Would definitely not recommend, if you intent to play it solo.

Also what is this garbage mod-pod purchasing menue? You need to open 500 mod-pods (lootboxes) for the "spend 5.000 Credits"- trophy. You can only buy one lootbox for 10 Credits at a time. Kidding me? Besides, it is insane how much this shit resembles slot machines, all flashy and noisy.

And to put the cherry on top, "beat a friends ghost" is a joke; you literally have to find your friend on a leaderboard with up to 25.000 if not more players, only by scrolling up or down. You have to have around the same finish time on a track as your friend, so it is easier to find him on the leaderboard. Great design. Friends-only leaderboard never heard of I guess.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

The Ring challenges can be brutal, you have to be extremely precise in your drifting as the time windows are so unforgiving. I would highly recommend using Technique racers for these.

Also very important - it seems you don’t get any time bonus from just driving through the rings. You have to drift through the rings for it to count, so the ring challenges often turn into very, very long stretches of continuous drifting (like literally the entire track sometimes). It takes lots of practice.

The hardest one for my by far was the Traffic map on Chapter 6 (6-10 I think?). Those high speed drifts through the super densely packed sewer area were insanely frustrating and almost made me break a controller. I got 2700/2800 points more times than I can count. It took me hours to finally nail that bastard.

Finally I beat all DareDevil, Rings and Traffic Attack challenges. As you said, the last Traffic Attack (6-10) was pretty brutal, especially the part drifting inside the castle.

Also Stage 5-10 (Sky Ring Road Destruction) has a very nice and easy exploit. If you simply drift in circles at the bottom of the huge ramp in front of the start line, you can smash through the same 6 targets repeatedly and very quickly rack up a platinum score. That’s a real tough course too so I’d recommend taking advantage of this. 

Bro, I luv u so much LUL

Edited by gelukrait
Edit wrong name of challenge

5 hours ago, Mori said:

I finished the game yesterday. It's sucks if you play it solo, the campaign is designed for COOP play, but fails mostly when playing with bots. Every race just turned into the same pattern: drive casually til 3rd lap, then activate team-boost. I enjoyed the different game modes/challenges, though they were not particular fun either. The worst key/side objective was in the 7th chapter, two team boosts and all team mates need to make it in the top three in elimination. Good luck with that when red-dumbass-knuckles decides to fall back every damn time. :| 

Would definitely not recommend, if you intent to play it solo.

I don’t understand why they didn’t introduce an option for online co-op play in Team Adventure Mode.

This one tiny addition would have drastically improved the overall experience of this game, making it way more fun to play with a friend, as well as making it far easier to win races since a human is so much more reliable than the god awful AI teammates who always drag you down.

Congrats on finishing!

1 hour ago, gelukrait said:

Finally I beat all DareDevil, Rings and Traffic Attack challenges. As you said, the last Traffic Attack (6-10) was pretty brutal, especially the part drifting inside the castle.

Bro, I luv u so much LUL

Congratulations! Glad that helped. ?

And yes that part inside the castle of 6-10 was so brutal. I swear those tiny little red robots are the bane of my existence.

• Like 1