Games that minimize the need to consult a trophy guide or collectible walkthrough to platinum?

25 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Batman Arkham City, and to an extent Asylum. The Riddler trophies appear on your I game map if you interrogate the goons. Asylum you might have to look up where the map is first if you can't find it. Once you know the general location it's easy enough finding the actual trophies. The stealth challenges would be easier with a guide too I suppose.

In one hand this is true but in the other your playtime increases a lot just by trying to find enough goons to interrogate

7 hours ago, supertrunksman said:

Gotta disagree with that one. 10 of the 25 trophies are missable.  I actually gave up on the platinum because of one of them (I missed a gwent tournament at the mansion which is never accessible again after leaving it, and it's not very obvious that there even is one at the mansion;  This caused me to be unable to collect 100% of the gwent cards).

We'll have to agree to disagree, then, no biggie :).

I kinda have two ways to play games, depending on my mood, work load/real life at the time and, quite obviously, the game itself: rush through or be super slow. True, you have some missable trophies, and maybe I got lucky with

Spoiler

the doppelganger and getting a full crew to Kaer Morhen

yet "missable" doesn't mean "trophy guide required", which is the topic of this thread. The trophy list in itself was enough.

I felt the game itself guided me a lot: everything was on the map, and they even tell you the missions level so that you can plan the order you want to do them in. I do have some missions (well, one, I think) that are marked in red, luckily it didn't involve a trophy. As for the gwent cards, well... I talked to positively everybody in my path to find people to play gwent with, bought every card an innkeeper would sell, basically turned over every stone and even got some duplicates for the minor cards before deciding to join the tournament, figuring the last ones would be won there, and voilà! Just took my bloody time with it.

21 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

In one hand this is true but in the other your playtime increases a lot just by trying to find enough goons to interrogate

I had no issue with that. Successfully interrogated all goons through the story. I still had some side content left over after post game and got the remainder of the goons while doing that. Even sat and questioned if I was given all the info when they stopped spawning. There's certainly enough to do in game that you won't just be waiting for Riddler's henchmen to show up. Though a couple of trophies and point of view shots could still stump someone.

I find that Artifex Mundi games are “find the hidden object”, which is look at a static screen and find the object you need to move forward. 

I found these games rather annoying and I had to rely on a YouTube walkthrough to even play them. 

In general you need guides for most games because you can easily miss something which may cost you an entire playthrough. 

TellTale Games are typically done without any guide because the platinum is handed to you after the story ends. But there are other games like Marvel’s Spider-Man that will give you the platinum if you do every activity on the map.

On 4-6-2019 at 1:37 AM, snakebit10 said:

I"m playing Days Gone and it has a in game trophy tracker. Most trophies are straight forward and don't need a guide. I may once I am done with the stories for any remaining collectibles. 

Most have mentioned what I would say.

One recent one I played that I needed minimal use of a guide is Lego Movie 2 the Videogame.

You won't need it I mostly didn't realize I was picking up collectibles during the game. I think the only reason why I didn't have the trophy yet when I finished the story is because at some point I started fast traveling all the time which cuts down on the exploring.