[POLL] The Last of Us DLC

Shiperzz

The Last of Us DLC  

62 members have voted

1. 1. DLC?

• None
    • Henry & Sam (before meeting Ellie & Joel)
    • Joel & Ellie (fill in some of the gaps)
    • Joel & Ellie (continue from the ending)
    • Joel & Tommy
    • Joel & Tess
    • Ellie & Riley
    • Tommy
    • Tess
    • Bill
    • Marlene
    • Robert
    • Ish's story
    • Leave the story and simply focus on expanding MP
    • David (if cannibalism is your thing)

DLC_zpsf051fd89.png

DLC for The Last of Us seems a certainty. What kind of DLC would you like to see Naughty Dog bring out (if any)?

I’ve listed as many possibilities as I can come up with, but feel free to suggest your own.

Discuss!

---

Update:

The first DLC for The Last Of Us will be a single player episode set early on the game. Naughty Dog also revealed that they had to borrow “a bunch of people” from the second development team.

Edited by Shiperzz

It is confirmed that 3 DLC'S will be available.  2 are multiplayer, and 1 is singleplayer.  For the multiplayer, a coop mode where you face off the infected is imminent, many people are begging for it.  Also one where the infected are in the match, and you can use them to thin the other team, I would love a multiplayer like red dead's, and a plunder like game would be awesome.  As for singleplayer, I would like it to be based in between those 20 years in the city focusing on Tommy and Joel surviving.

For single player I agree with the posts above with the 20 years missing between Joel and his brother, and if that's somehow not it maybe some sort of story with Ellie and such until she got 'infected' and her relationship with Marlene.For multiplayer anything really one game mode is far too few for those 2 trophies. 

It is confirmed that 3 DLC'S will be available.  2 are multiplayer, and 1 is singleplayer. For the multiplayer, a coop mode where you face off the infected is imminent, many people are begging for it.

NO_zps0ef70a9b.gif

For me the story was perfect, and as much as I love Ellie & Joel I wouldn't want ND to clutter it up with unnecessary levels. Not to mention it wouldn't feel as special as I'd already know how it all turns out.

I'd like ND to pick up another characters story, someone completely new like Ish. It would keep things fresh and we never found out how it all turns out for old Ish and the handful of survivors to escape the sewers. Obviously flesh out the MP as well. 

Also.

The first DLC for The Last Of Us will be a single player episode set early on the game. Naughty Dog also revealed that they had to borrow “a bunch of people” from the second development team.

Purely for a DLC I think ND should stick with the two main characters of this game and continue with Joel and Ellie. As for an entirely new game I'd love to find out about Ish, Ellie and Riley or Joel and Tommy. But since this is a poll just for a DLC I vote that hey should stick with Joel and Ellie content as I doubt a DLC could bring us an entirely new fulfilling story.

Edited by Romasaur

There are so many things they can do with DLC. I think I'd like to see the 20 year gap from after Joel's daughter died and how he coped with it. And what happened between him and tommy. Also a bit if Ellie's story, maybe when she got infected at the mall and how she ended up with Marlene. For MP I think maybe a co-op mode surviving the infected. Or in the matches that they have now have some infected in them making it a bit harder.

I don't think they are going to fill in any gaps in the main story, I think that mainly because they wanted to tell a story and that's how they told it. That presence of story telling is very clear at the end giving you no choice. I think it will follow Ish's story, put you in his/her boots as a camp leader, getting supplies defending the hold and running for escape against the infected.

I chose DLC story for Joel & Ellie because of filling the gaps. Several gabs need to be explain. Like after Henry killed himself over shooting his brother sam, did Joel and Ellie reach the tower? When Joel was badly wounded how did Ellie bring him to that cabin? How did Joel meet with Tess and starting living together. Why wasn't Tess pregnant with Joel's baby.......JK. I feel a DLC should explain some of these gaps and I don't care if the DLC is 2 to 5GBs.

In case anybody is interested and didn't know already, the Dark Horse prequel comic in stores now, The Last of Us:  American Dreams, is Ellie and Riley's story before the game.  It's four issues long and the first three are out already.  I've only read the first two and it's really good so far.  It even links with some of the game dialogue, Ellie riding a horse for instance.  I highly suggest it if you have a local comic store near you.

• Like 1