Version 1.07 (+ Night of the Hangry Horde DLC)

Spinosaurus Rex

Pretty quick, considering there was a much longer time between Surf n Turf and Campfire Cookoff.

• Added support for new DLC - Night of the Hangry Horde (this DLC is available individually and as part of the season pass)
  • Added the All at Sea Chefs - 5 new chefts
  • Added support for Russian Language

It seems trophy list is already out (but not on PSNP yet) and to addition to 3-staring every level and numbless grind, there's a gold trophy "You Shallot Pass!" for "surviving all horde stages in NotHH with full kitchen health" instead of preparing every meal introduced in DLC. I wonder what it might be for?

DLC is not accessible yet for me despite buying Season Pass, however I don't know if it's due to PSN store being down (I still can't buy any game, so I assume is still down in my country) or it isn't ready to download yet.

Somebody tried to play it already?

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

30 minutes ago, Mercenary09 said:

The DLC came out on Switch today and their Twitter account said it should hit other platforms over the next 24 hours. I don't think it has hit PS or Xbox yet.

That's good info for me, I didn't want to play it now anyway.

BTW another ver. 1.08 was released, but it's just "minor bug fixes"

7 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

It seems trophy list is already out (but not on PSNP yet) and to addition to 3-staring every level and numbless grind, there's a gold trophy "You Shallot Pass!" for "surviving all horde stages in NotHH with full kitchen health" instead of preparing every meal introduced in DLC. I wonder what it might be for?

So apparently there are six "Horde" stages added to the game. In those stages, you'll face against waves of "unbread". You can "defeat" each unbread by serving them the dish they ask for, but while they are not served they attack your kitchen, which is protected by barricades. But once the barricades fall, your kitchen starts taking damage. 

Serving dishes rewards you with coins that you can use to repare the barricades... 

It actually sounds pretty fun, to be honest! :)

13 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

So apparently there are six "Horde" stages added to the game. In those stages, you'll face against waves of "unbread". You can "defeat" each unbread by serving them the dish they ask for, but while they are not served they attack your kitchen, which is protected by barricades. But once the barricades fall, your kitchen starts taking damage. 

Serving dishes rewards you with coins that you can use to repare the barricades... 

It actually sounds pretty fun, to be honest! :)

Oh that sounds like a blast, I also like the trophy for chopping items, I really like what they are doing with the DLC for this game to spice up the players experience

1 hour ago, BigBadKingCule said:

How would you rate the difficulty compared to Surf n Turf and Campfire Cookoff?

I still think Surf n Turf was the hardest to 3 star all the levels. This is pretty easy. The horde levels can be a bit challenging but so long as you keep an eye on your defenses and repair them you can pass them. Some levels let you use the money you earn to open gates for shortcuts but I kind of ignored those so that I would always have enough money to repair the walls.

I've stopped at 84% for now, this grind is just too tedious for me to play without break. Why they keep throwing these in instead of Kevin/4-star related trophies?

So there's actually 8 horde levels and 9 normal levels, making this the biggest DLC for Overcooked 2. And the most fun in my opinion, horde levels was a good break from the main game. Also there wasn't frustrating levels like 3-4 in two previous DLC with tidal wave washing off your meals, so I consider NotHH the easiest DLC to 100% yet.

12 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I've stopped at 84% for now, this grind is just too tedious for me to play without break. Why they keep throwing these in instead of Kevin/4-star related trophies?

So there's actually 8 horde levels and 9 normal levels, making this the biggest DLC for Overcooked 2.

Ah, so the 3 Kevin levels aren't required for trophies? The one trophies "...all levels with a star rating" seemed to suggest that they would be. With how large this DLC is, it's nice to know that they aren't.

And speaking of the grind, can someone tell me how to put coal in the furnaces? I beat level 1-2 easily without ever doing that, but there's a trophy for doing it hundreds of times and I've tried every combination of clicking on the damn furnaces with a pot of coal that I can try (with food in it, with no food in it, with different buttons, etc), and nothing puts any coal in the damn thing.

20 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Ah, so the 3 Kevin levels aren't required for trophies? The one trophies "...all levels with a star rating" seemed to suggest that they would be. With how large this DLC is, it's nice to know that they aren't.

And speaking of the grind, can someone tell me how to put coal in the furnaces? I beat level 1-2 easily without ever doing that, but there's a trophy for doing it hundreds of times and I've tried every combination of clicking on the damn furnaces with a pot of coal that I can try (with food in it, with no food in it, with different buttons, etc), and nothing puts any coal in the damn thing.

In case you didn't figured it out yet:

You must put the bucket filled with coal into the big furnace (which has a heat bar seen on the screen)

yj0ereleikhsgugsqhr2.jpg

And right, I forgot about counting 3 Kevin levels, so there's actually 20 levels in DLC and they're not required to even unlock (so 17 are required to "ace" and it's still more than in previous DLCs)

• Like 1

2-2 and 3-3 are decent levels to grind. You can chop items fairly quickly on 2-2 by getting your 2nd character to put 4 items on the bench in middle, collecting them with your main and then tossing them into the water (and repeat). On 3-3 you should be able to refuel the fire every 6-7 seconds by boosting through the warp tunnels.