U2 and U3 plat'd but not 100%

Currently I'm on a quest to raise my % at PSN.

I thought I'd never aim for 100% in U3, even though how completionist I am. And for my sanity and all consideration for the people around me, I'm inclined not to commit for 250+ hours in U3.

But what about U2? Is it doable? How many people do I need? How rage inducing is it? More than Heists on GTA V? I have two weeks free of work in July, besides one weekend every two weeks where I can dedicate to games.

On a side note, could you guys check my profile and advice on which dc/games to focus on?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

I thought I'd never aim for 100% in U3, even though how completionist I am. And for my sanity and all consideration for the people around me, I'm inclined not to commit for 250+ hours in U3.

But what about U2? Is it doable? How many people do I need? How rage inducing is it? More than Heists on GTA V? I have two weeks free of work in July, besides one weekend every two weeks where I can dedicate to games.

On a side note, could you guys check my profile and advice on which dc/games to focus on?

Thanks in advance.

Seeing the few incomplete games you have on your list, i can suggest you to focus on TLOU (The Last of Us). Very good and solid game with some few MP trophies to achieve the platinum. You can get advantage of the multiple groups formed to boost the MP portion of the game. Also you can consider completing "Batman: Arkham City" altough i suggest you to get a good dose of mental sanity and make sure you like that type of games before you attempt the task.

• Like 1

Just now, Vampirehunter145 said:

Seeing the few incomplete games you have on your list, i can suggest you to focus on TLOU (The Last of Us). Very good and solid game with some few MP trophies to achieve the platinum. You can get advantage of the multiple groups formed to boost the MP portion of the game. Also you can consider completing "Batman: Arkham City" altough i suggest you to get a good dose of mental sanity and make sure you like that type of games before you attempt the task.

Hi, thanks for the input. Luckily I've gotten all MP trophies (even DLC) for TLOU. It looks like an amazing game. And I'm sure to tackle it after Batman: AC.

Batman: AC... I'll get the plat, plus Harley's revenge, then I'l leave Robbin/Nightwing/Catwoman challenges for some other time... Seems too repetitive, and I have such a big backlog of good/rare games.

I'm scared of Batman's challenges and the Perfect Freeflow trophy, though.

36 minutes ago, Zyriaks_ said:

You can do 100% of uncharted 2 in 3-4 weeks, uncharted 3 will take like 1-2 months.

3-4 weeks playing around how many hours a day?

51 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Thanks in advance.

You could always ask uncle Google.

If you can find a good boosting group than 100% U2 is very doable.  After hearing about server closures I focused all my energy towards U2, and after only a week boosting I’m about 79% completed on the multiplayer trophies (so it says on the lobby screen).

The big trophy that’s gonna take you the most time is getting to 2500 kills in either deathmatch or elimination mode.  There are other trophies that require you getting specific types of kills, but the majority of them you’ll get well before you earn 2500 kills.

I’d say you can get it done in your two weeks off, just be ready for putting in multiple hours a day.

Edited by MisterMystro

31 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

It took a considerable long time before a smartass appeared. I've googled trophy guides and the like, that's why I know the estimates of 250+ hours for U3. I just wanted to know from individual/real players, if the estimate time for U2 is overblown, if it is a smooth experience, or not.

I don't think this topic is redundant. Sorry if it seems like that. Cool pic.

To be honest, I've never came across overblown estimates in trophy guides. They are usually made by players who know pretty much everything about the game trophies. 

Since I did both of these to completion fairly recently, I have a generally good idea of how much time and effort these take. Straight off the bat, Uncharted 2's and Uncharted 3's DLC trophies are incomparable. What I mean by this is 100%ing 2 is overall 3x easier/faster to complete as opposed to 3. To give you some context, I had 4 PS3's to myself, and I had a buddy with 2 PS3's (who happened to be 2/3 done already) and together we tackled the bulk of the trophies in approximately 10 days (I'm being vague with this estimate, won't dissect everything too much), with around 1-3 hours of boosting per day. And the only way we did it so fast was because it was just 2 people (me and him) who were going for the trophies, as the rest of the consoles were idle/dummies. The Coop trophies I was connected with a quote on quote "God" player who was reknown for helping almost anyone out. So altogether, I got 100% in 12 days span, with approximately 50-60 hours of playtime.

Uncharted 3 on the other hand took approximately a months' span, with playing as little as 2 hours per day to 5 hours max. And keep in mind I had the 4 console, and split screened each console, and this allowed me to grind lots of wins by myself and so many other miscellaneous trophies alone. And that torture of grinding treasures was pure hell (not sugar coating it at all), but from what I gathered from others, and being present in a Discord group (although I hardly used it for trophy grinding) I got all my treasures fairly fast and efficiently. That being said, Uncharted 3 took me around 120 hours to complete. But oh man can this vary a lot, depending on what kind of players you encounter when doing Co-op runs for treasures. Now that I reflect back, I can describe 100%ing both of these was really a bittersweet-adventure with lots of good memories and friends. And I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct to start these before a server shutdown announcement, and thank God that I did. Hopefully my post was somewhat helpful. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Hi, thanks for the input. Luckily I've gotten all MP trophies (even DLC) for TLOU. It looks like an amazing game. And I'm sure to tackle it after Batman: AC.

Batman: AC... I'll get the plat, plus Harley's revenge, then I'l leave Robbin/Nightwing/Catwoman challenges for some other time... Seems too repetitive, and I have such a big backlog of good/rare games.

I'm scared of Batman's challenges and the Perfect Freeflow trophy, though.

3-4 weeks playing around how many hours a day? 

4 hours

Honestly, if you need to decide whether you play U2 or U3 I'd say go for U2. Not because it is a faster 100% or a smoother one but because it just plays so much better. Playing U2 Multiplayer feels like a gift straight from the pantheon of gods while U3 plays like garbage. From aiming to the impact sound of the weapons, everything feels wrong.

On 16/06/2019 at 3:47 PM, CristianX-97 said:

Since I did both of these to completion fairly recently, I have a generally good idea of how much time and effort these take. Straight off the bat, Uncharted 2's and Uncharted 3's DLC trophies are incomparable. What I mean by this is 100%ing 2 is overall 3x easier/faster to complete as opposed to 3. To give you some context, I had 4 PS3's to myself, and I had a buddy with 2 PS3's (who happened to be 2/3 done already) and together we tackled the bulk of the trophies in approximately 10 days (I'm being vague with this estimate, won't dissect everything too much), with around 1-3 hours of boosting per day. And the only way we did it so fast was because it was just 2 people (me and him) who were going for the trophies, as the rest of the consoles were idle/dummies. The Coop trophies I was connected with a quote on quote "God" player who was reknown for helping almost anyone out. So altogether, I got 100% in 12 days span, with approximately 50-60 hours of playtime.

Uncharted 3 on the other hand took approximately a months' span, with playing as little as 2 hours per day to 5 hours max. And keep in mind I had the 4 console, and split screened each console, and this allowed me to grind lots of wins by myself and so many other miscellaneous trophies alone. And that torture of grinding treasures was pure hell (not sugar coating it at all), but from what I gathered from others, and being present in a Discord group (although I hardly used it for trophy grinding) I got all my treasures fairly fast and efficiently. That being said, Uncharted 3 took me around 120 hours to complete. But oh man can this vary a lot, depending on what kind of players you encounter when doing Co-op runs for treasures. Now that I reflect back, I can describe 100%ing both of these was really a bittersweet-adventure with lots of good memories and friends. And I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct to start these before a server shutdown announcement, and thank God that I did. Hopefully my post was somewhat helpful. 

Thank you so much for such an in-depth analysis. U3 doesn't seem fair to the people around me who already feel I spend too much time on games, and worry too much, and demand my attention.

6 hours ago, SG_Pfa said:

Honestly, if you need to decide whether you play U2 or U3 I'd say go for U2. Not because it is a faster 100% or a smoother one but because it just plays so much better. Playing U2 Multiplayer feels like a gift straight from the pantheon of gods while U3 plays like garbage. From aiming to the impact sound of the weapons, everything feels wrong.

Thanks. Until now I had only considered the time required. NUMBERS. And you offered a more... "quality oriented" angle to it.

And I'm going to add an emotional one: Uncharted 3 is pretty awesome, but I found Uncharted 2 a bit more awe-inspiring.

Edited by Clavietka