BOOSTING

Ebbwvalerule

My friend told me that you can get banned for boosting as he knows that I boost trophies with people, is this true as it really scares me, because obviously I don't want to get banned

Sony won't ban your profile for boosting but it is very possible to be banned from specific online games if you boost. 

Parker

Killzone 2 and Uncharted 3 come to mind. I'm sure there's more, but those two stick out.

• Like 1

Warhawk used to delete some players stats for playing "no killing" in zones on ranked servers.That was back in the waning popularity of Warhawk. Currently i don't think they do. I have a friend who was banned temporarily and had his stats zeroed out in BO2. Funny thing is he wasn't truly boosting even. He had to wait around and play single player mode for 2 weeks. Oh the poor lad was miserable, but I digress.

Yes, at least some CoD games do bans/resets and as Rowdi mentioned above, Killzone series (2, 3, Multiplayer) and Uncharted 2/3 (including DLC) have had people banned. Some quick searching online says that at least these have also done bans: MLB: The Show series, Battlefield series, Starhawk. There are probably others out there, but I stopped searching :P

Yes, at least some CoD games do bans/resets and as Rowdi mentioned above, Killzone series (2, 3, Multiplayer) and Uncharted 2/3 (including DLC) have had people banned. Some quick searching online says that at least these have also done bans: MLB: The Show series, Battlefield series, Starhawk. There are probably others out there, but I stopped searching :P

Uncharted 2 doesn't ban anymore (I should know). 

But on U3 there is a whole community bent on stoping the boost. They are very succesfull right now xD

• Like 1

Uncharted 2 doesn't ban anymore (I should know). 

But on U3 there is a whole community bent on stoping the boost. They are very succesfull right now xD

The only people getting banned in U3, were the ones boosting Tournament games.  You had to pay for tickets to get into those, so no surprise there.  But any other mode you can boost without any issues.

Also they no longer reset stats for Warhawk boosting.  You can even put blatant server names like: Boosting XP, and you'll still be good.  The guy at top of leaderboards has 10,000 KDR.