Mass effect andromeda trophy bug

So has anyone else experienced this bug. I've romanced every female character I could and even went the gay route ( which I dont do in RPGS) And the trophy for matchmaker never pops up. I did about 5 playthroughs and its the last trophy I need and really dont want to start another one just to have it glitch out again. Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it?

On 6/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, KingGuy420 said:

I had to get all 3 in a single play through. I don't know why mine weren't carrying over but they definitely weren't.

The problem is there's so much misinformation online.  Did you get the trophy at launch before patches?  I just read online that they patched it so Keri is now the only open romance.  Anyone else you romance supposedly locks everyone else out?

I did Reyes as well as a male.  I don't have a problem with them including it but it wasn't what I would have chosen if not for this trophy and he was the first character that became fully available.  

I'm also not sure what constitutes fully romancing someone.  I kissed Reyes twice.  Does that count?  I hugged Cora an hour ago, but according to the guide on here she locks out other romances so idk if I should back up my save prior to Cora's loyalty mission?  If hugging her doesn't count then I don't need to worry about it yet.

Ideally, Reyes, the reporter and Peebee would count and Peebee would be the only one I actually get it on with.  I would have only bothered with Peebee if not for the trophy.

Edited by big_bob002

30 minutes ago, big_bob002 said:

The problem is there's so much misinformation online.  Did you get the trophy at launch before patches?  I just read online that they patched it so Keri is now the only open romance.  Anyone else you romance supposedly locks everyone else out?

I did Reyes as well as a male.  I don't have a problem with them including it but it wasn't what I would have chosen if not for this trophy and he was the first character that became fully available.  

I'm also not sure what constitutes fully romancing someone.  I kissed Reyes twice.  Does that count?  I hugged Cora an hour ago, but according to the guide on here she locks out other romances so idk if I should back up my save prior to Cora's loyalty mission?  If hugging her doesn't count then I don't need to worry about it yet.

Ideally, Reyes, the reporter and Peebee would count and Peebee would be the only one I actually get it on with.  I would have only bothered with Peebee if not for the trophy.

I can't be a ton of help here. It was like a year ago that I did it so I don't remember much. I think I did Peebee up until the scene in the escape pod before she asks for a commitment. Reyes, but I can't remember how far I took it. And the Vetra right to the sex scene on the cliff when you become locked in... I think.

It was after the last patch though. I can definitely say that. It's all a blur to me though so who knows if I'm remembering the above right. I did Cora on my first play through, then two on my second, and it didn't pop. So I did a third play through with three. After 6 romances, it's all a blur lol.

3 hours ago, big_bob002 said:

Pretty sure you've got to seal with the deal with Reyes for it to count as him being fully romanced.

Back up your save anyway just in case. Think you should be right though.

I romanced Cora, Keri and Avela Kjar in the same playthrough and the trophy popped.

Edited by Feral

I recommend doing all three romances on the same characters and to make sure you do everything you possibly can for the character you choose.

I romanced PeeBee and Keri in my first playthrough. I got committed to PeeBee first but I was able to romance Keri as well because you can romance her even if you have a committed relationship. I played D&D with PeeBee in the airlock and played twister on the bed with her near the last mission. With Keri, after meeting at the bar on the Nexus, we went back to her apartment to play Candy Land.

On my second new game plus playthrough, I romanced Suvi. I remember having to be tutored in science in the science lab on the Nexus near the final mission before the trophy popped for me.

I tried to romance Liam, Jaal and Reyes but was never able to complete their routes. Liam and I tested a couch together but I didn't finish his route. I was already locked in with PeeBee so I couldn't romance Jaal. I tried to romance Reyes on my second playthrough before committing to Suvi but all he wanted to do was drink space alcohol.

I think a problem with the online guides are they are too vague or not complete. I got this trophy last night, by using the save/reload technique, so got on one playthrough. 

I had actually got Vetra / Liam / Peebee / Suvi / Jaal and Reyes (just before Sloane meeting) to the point just before you lock them in. Did Journey to Meridian Mission and manual saved, then did Peebee (reload), then Jaal (Reload), then Suvi, all to their full romance conclusions, Peebee bed scene in your quarters, Jaal waterfall scene and Suvi the meeting in the Tech Bay on the Nexus.

Edited by Ara_Dax
Name correction.

8 hours ago, big_bob002 said:

I'm also not sure what constitutes fully romancing someone.  I kissed Reyes twice.  Does that count?  I hugged Cora an hour ago, but according to the guide on here she locks out other romances so idk if I should back up my save prior to Cora's loyalty mission?  If hugging her doesn't count then I don't need to worry about it

Think you gotta hump 'em, it's like in real life :eyebrow:

• Like 1

I think if I'm understanding this correctly you can continue down the romance route with everyone every chance you get.  Do their loyalty missions.

Finish Meridian.  I'm guessing that you cannot lock anyone out till then?  Make a hard save as your save scrub save.  Try to fully romance 1 character, get the auto save, then load your manual save.  Repeat until you get the trophy.

Hopefully that works.

Edited by big_bob002

I got the trophy this morning much sooner than I expected.  Here's what I did.

I chose the romance dialog with anyone every time it appeared.  I did all side quests except the 4 architects and the stuff in the optional log before the city (ie: the Activation trophy).  I did all loyalty missions and any time Keri the reporter was not "on hold". 

After the city i had Keri and the historian Angara on Aya quests available again.  They are both in that optional mission log.   I went to the Nexus and met Keri at the bar.  Then the Angara and kissed her twice.  Plus Reyes must have been my 3rd.  I did have to go find him after finishing his final mission, but I talked to him prior to the city.  If it helps, my Ryder still hasn't actually gotten it on with anyone and AFAIK nothing has been locked out.

I still haven't found Meridian (ie: mission accomplished trophy).  For TC, I recommend doing the romance option every chance you get and trying to finish Reyes, the historian and Keri.  Then if you still don't have it do a save scrub before the point where you start actually going the distance with people.

Edit: If it makes you feel better I might have to replay for "20 remnant puzzles in 1 playthrough".

Edited by big_bob002

Last post.  Spoilers again.

I'm locked out of the other romances.  I'm 90% sure it's Reyes.  Which means I probably won't bother keeping the save in case they do make a sequel.

Kind of BIG SPOILERS below.

Here's what I can say about Reyes.  The final mission is meeting Sloane Kelly in a cave.  I would avoid doing that until after the city and you are at a point to either save scrub or try to get 3 romances on 1 file.  Due to the glitchiness of it, and how it possibly changed after patches I think the safest bet is to try for 3 on 1 save.  

That means waiting till after the city, doing the historian and Keri, and then trying for the 3rd and final romance.  Probably I would create a seperate hard save after those 2 and you can try reloading after romancing after a 3rd, in case the trophy doesn't pop.

This is just from my personal experience.

Edited by big_bob002

From what I recall, the way it works is completing any other romance than the reporter or the historian locks you out of the other romances, excluding those. And you do have to complete three romances for the trophy.

The reason Reyes is recommended is that his romance triggers a lot sooner in the main story, as opposed to the main crew for whom you have to replay one of the final locations (think it was Meridian) again. So you can basically do Reyes, then reload and you should be able to get three romances with the same save file. Reyes isn't a freebie though unlike the reporter and such, so if you do finish his romance earlier on, it'll lock you off from the other exclusive romances.

You should also be fine if you don't finish a romance arc before Meridian and just make a save there. At that point you can basically keep reloading the save and do pretty much all the romances. The only issue is you'll have to do the main mission every time because the last part of a romance only triggers after it.

@IDiivil

Do you think that you have to do the step to lock in the romance before Meridian?

In other words, don't do the final Reyes mission, do the city trophy and immediately go and finish Meridian.  Then create the save scum save.  If you can do the final 2 steps there that would be great.

However based on your post it sounds like you cannot do this.

I suppose I need another playthrough for the puzzles trophy so I suppose I could test this.

Edited by big_bob002

@big_bob002

From what I remember, I had a save before Meridian where I could talk to just about any of my crew to "lock in" the romance. But the final scene (ie. the sex scene) in the romance only happens after the Meridian mission. So I actually romanced someone first, then did Meridian and finished the playthrough and then later on loaded up the save to do another romance and Meridian and the trophy popped after the sex scene ( I also romanced the reporter in that playthrough).

So I'm pretty sure all the romances remain possible until Meridian, as long as you haven't committed to anyone. However I don't think you can do Meridian and then do the romances, as I think there's like an important romance scene before that mission or something like that.