Why is the Plat so common?

arcanehornet_

7 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

It's a hard one, but yes cloud save is possible. 

cloud save can make the difficulty alot lower than it really is.

it's how i managed to do the rogue legacy plat. a bad run can be erased without no penalty.

Edited by lordguwa

Game also doesn't seem to take long to complete if "Mick Waites" the dev was able to complete it in 6 minutes, so probably people can complete it under a day.

However when I look at speedrun video I must admit game doesn't look that easy.

Spoiler

But niche games like this without marketing always attract genre fans so you can expect platinum/100% rarity to be higher than it should be. I'm gonna check it for myself when it arrives on PSN in my country, too bad it doesn't seem to be cross-buy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Game also doesn't seem to take long to complete if "Mick Waites" the dev was able to complete it in 6 minutes, so probably people can complete it under a day.

However when I look at speedrun video I must admit game doesn't look that easy.

Hide contents

But niche games like this without marketing always attract genre fans so you can expect platinum/100% rarity to be higher than it should be. I'm gonna check it for myself when it arrives on PSN in my country, too bad it doesn't seem to be cross-buy.

Yes, exactly. The game is very niche, which causes the plat rarity to go up (like The End is Nigh). I did play Kid Tripp on Switch and it is awesome but hard.

and YES it is cross buy! It came out in my country a few days ago as “Kid Tripp Bundle”, it costs less than your average Ratalaika and you get both versions. I suggest you get it, it’s a very fun challenge.

• Like 1

Manipulating cloud saves is possible. Without this it would be much, much more rare as you are required to do a perfect run (or even several if you don't make the time/coin requirements for the Beat the Dev trophies). With cloud saving the difficulty is basically negated (although it would still very annoying to have to quit the game and re-download your data every time you die). It's a short enough game that if you wanted to do it legit, you could probably master/memorize it all without a huge amount of practice, and it would probably be a 7-8 difficulty wise. With cloud saves it's not hard at all, but still potentially annoying and time-consuming depending on how often you have to re-download. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Knave21 said:

Manipulating cloud saves is possible. Without this it would be much, much more rare as you are required to do a perfect run (or even several if you don't make the time/coin requirements for the Beat the Dev trophies). With cloud saving the difficulty is basically negated (although it would still very annoying to have to quit the game and re-download your data every time you die). It's a short enough game that if you wanted to do it legit, you could probably master/memorize it all without a huge amount of practice, and it would probably be a 7-8 difficulty wise. With cloud saves it's not hard at all, but still potentially annoying and time-consuming depending on how often you have to re-download. 

Interesting. I’d like to ask one more thing. Does the timer for the beat the dev trophy stop when you quit the game or does it go on from where you left off after you start the game again?

8 hours ago, StylerX01 said:

Interesting. I’d like to ask one more thing. Does the timer for the beat the dev trophy stop when you quit the game or does it go on from where you left off after you start the game again?

I'm 99% sure the timer only runs while you are actually playing the game. But the timer DOES include runs when you die, so to get this trophy you basically have to do a flawless run (no deaths) but also very efficiently (no walking or getting caught up on obstacles, etc.).