Disgaea 4 Complete+ coming out for PS4 in October

It's a great way to expand or introduce the franchise to other systems but i would have really appreciated it if they gave Disgaea 2, Disgaea D1 and Disgaea D2 half the care they gave 3, 4 and 5.

With that being said, i would not mind hunting the Meowkin Pirates a third time, so i'm definitely gonna add it to my wishlist.

• Like 1

I got the Vita version free on PS plus and have yet to play it so I might give the PS4 version a skip, but i still have Disgaea 5 (which I also got free on Plus) to play as well. Disgaea games are tough to platinum though, I played D2 on the PS3 and the original Disgaea 4 on PS3 and found them really tough. The cheat shop in D2 was pretty cool, its added into the new version of D4 to make life easier. 

4 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I got the Vita version free on PS plus and have yet to play it so I might give the PS4 version a skip, but i still have Disgaea 5 (which I also got free on Plus) to play as well. Disgaea games are tough to platinum though, I played D2 on the PS3 and the original Disgaea 4 on PS3 and found them really tough. The cheat shop in D2 was pretty cool, its added into the new version of D4 to make life easier. 

I might put Disgaea D2 on the table in the future, but you are correct: It is hard and the one trophy for getting all of the save icons is frustrating as it's all RNG and you have to play through all the bad endings to unlock icons. I don't like bad endings. :( (Says the guy who played through all of the bad endings on Disgaea 4 to see the credits of each. xD)

• Like 1

Just now, RuneEyesDragon said:

I might put Disgaea D2 on the table in the future, but you are correct: It is hard and the one trophy for getting all of the save icons is frustrating as it's all RNG and you have to play through all the bad endings to unlock icons. I don't like bad endings. :( (Says the guy who played through all of the bad endings on Disgaea 4 to see the credits of each. xD)

I found Disgaea 4 to be the hardest one so far, the RNG with the pirate ships in the ps3 version was ridiculous, it had an estimated platinum time of like 300-400 hours! I found D2 the easiest of the disgaeas, but I still never managed to get the platinum...  

2 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I thought only Disgaea 3 Vita was ever free on Plus. Were 4 and 5 free in other regions?

On topic: I’ll be adding this to my Switch shopping list since I prefer Disgaea in portable form. Hoping this bodes well the rest of the series that hasn’t made it yet past last gen. 

I have to go back to finish D1 Complete (likely as soon as I'm done with Dark Cloud 2..), but will add Disgaea 4 Complete to my ever growing backlog, since I do plan to plat all the EU releases of Disgaea (so far I'm in the right track, I think, well, at least better than the Tales of and Final Fantasy series.. And ya, I gave up of the idea of all KH plats.. BBS is simply impossible for me). 

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I thought only Disgaea 3 Vita was ever free on Plus. Were 4 and 5 free in other regions?

On topic: I’ll be adding this to my Switch shopping list since I prefer Disgaea in portable form. Hoping this bodes well the rest of the series that hasn’t made it yet past last gen. 

My region is Japan and 3, 4 (Vita) and 5 were all on plus at some point. D2 was the only one that wasn't, I had gotten all my disgaea games except D2 on plus. Im not sure about other regions though

• Like 1