is it safe to play online without fear of online trophy mod lobbies?

7 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

seconded. Life is Strange is great 

18 minutes ago, Lt Lightning said:

Just quoted to say how much i appreciate you for giving life is strange this much glory for how good of a game it is

Awww LiS squad right here ??

• Like 2

Most of the times when a modder is attempting to unlock your trophies you will notice some text on your screen that will read something along the lines of, 

Attempting to Unlock all Awards.

Attempting to Unlock all Achievements. 

Attempting to Unlock all Trophies. 

Or just Unlocking all Awards, Achievements or Trophies. 

Some may even say Easter Egg Complete thus unlocking the trophy for that easter egg. 

Anytime you see any type of messages like this immediately turn off your ps3.  Don't just quit the game out. Hit the power button on your console. 

I use to play bo2 all the time and have played with a lot of modders. Out of all the modders I have played with only 1 has ever attempted to unlock all my trophies. When I do run into them I tell them to (a) Not unlock my trophies and (b) to not mess with the rounds because I want my leaderboard to be legit. In which the majority have replied that they don't do that kind of stuff. 

They can make zombies fun even though the game doesn't seem to last that long and some can even share the mod menu with you and let you play around with it even though you don't have a jail broken ps3. 

Edited by Deathon6

5 hours ago, Lt Lightning said:

I want to start playing black ops 2 but some of my friends have had their account ruined because of modded trophy lobbies. Is it still safe to play or will I have to use a different account?

Lt_Lightning_YT.png

My advice is to get as many trophies out of the way before going to any online lobbies. That way, you'd only be at risk at popping Big Leagues, and can just delete account before it syncs. Black Ops 2 was a fun game, with one of the best Call of Duty multiplayers, so I can understand wanting to play the game. If nothing else, or if you just want to play for fun since the plat is unobtainable, just go on a secondary. As for modded lobby risk, 3arc switched multiplayer to dedicated servers some years ago, so most lobbies will be based on 3arc's servers, while others will be player-hosted. That said, you're more likely to run into modded lobbies on zombies than multiplayer, as zombies is completely player-hosted. 

But I do have to agree with Deathon. There are bad modders and good modders. Some modders just want to play some custom games like prop hunt or hunger games, while others will derank you and screw up your stats. It's hard to say what kind of people you'll meet, but just hope for the best. If you're worried about stats on multiplayer, you can fresh start. I'd think you're more likely to see modders on W@W than on BO2, but there's a significant chance you could end up in a modded lobby regardless. 

So, tl;dr version: zombies is more likely to be modded than multiplayer, trophies can be popped on either gamemode, there's nice modders and bad modders, use a dummy account, and enjoy the fun matches -- though TranZit is shit imo. At least, you don't have to worry about god mode class people like on MW3/BO1. 

Here's my 2 cents.

Black Ops 2 has some really hard Campaign trophies. Now people could be unaware that the multiplayer is ruined by hackers and enter. Long story short, trophies unlocked, players labeled cheaters, forced to hide their Black Ops 2 list and with that goes the hard-earned trophies of the campaign. I believe this is a half-measure. 

There should be a more just solution for Black Ops 2 and any other game with similar situations. There should be a way to exonerate victims of hackers. It just seems not fair. But that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, IronMaiden666GR said:

Here's my 2 cents.

Black Ops 2 has some really hard Campaign trophies. Now people could be unaware that the multiplayer is ruined by hackers and enter. Long story short, trophies unlocked, players labeled cheaters, forced to hide their Black Ops 2 list and with that goes the hard-earned trophies of the campaign. I believe this is a half-measure. 

There should be a more just solution for Black Ops 2 and any other game with similar situations. There should be a way to exonerate victims of hackers. It just seems not fair. But that's just my opinion.

I agree there should be a whitelist for people who fall victim to the Call of Duty/GTA V modded lobbies. But I guess it would give incentive for people to seek out these lobbies or jailbreak their consoles since they can get a modded plat without consequence. Fortunately (somewhat), in my case, I can't go on multiplayer without freezing my PS3 due to my name change, so I'll never be at risk at ending up in one of those lobbies. That's not to say there aren't some modded lobbies that aren't malicious, like the zombieland/prop hunt lobbies, but the bad usually outweighs the good.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, drummer360540 said:

Don't know if people still view this thread but I was curious.... So I already have the Big Leagues trophy. But I was wondering that if I play online, will I be flagged for the trophies that unlock from a hacker?

If they all pop at once then you'll most likely be flagged since the timestamps would be impossible, I'm sure the chance of someone unlocking your trophies is pretty low but it's still a risk.

Edited by Geiita

On 4.7.2019 at 1:47 AM, Lt Lightning said:

Is it still safe to play or will I have to use a different account?

As far as I am concerned, it never was truly safe in the first place. Today, the lobbies are packed with hackers. So, if ya don't wanna risk run into a group of them, only play in private lobbies with people from this site. I would never even consider playing publicly in games like this.

Edited by El Duderino

4 hours ago, El Duderino said:

As far as I am concerned, it never was truly safe in the first place. Today, the lobbies are packed with hackers. So, if ya don't wanna risk run into a group of them, only play in private lobbies with people from this site. I would never even consider playing publicly in games like this.

One thing to note: Even if playing on a random account, modders can freeze anyone's PS3, even if they aren't host. They just need to put a modded clantag, and if a person hovers over it for even a second, their console is frozen, requiring a hard reboot.