A L I E N: Isolation by Keith R. A. DeCandido (Novel) 4.5 Years Later after the game released.

r3viladdict

Well, it came in mail today and I only skimmed through it quickly. I wonder if there's anyone who got it too. I wonder why they would make a novel right after SEGA was not happy with the A  L  I  E  N: Isolation game’s sales as iirc, I read that somewhere they called it weak. With this novel now, is it sort of an experiment to see if there's enough people to buy this novel, so the sequel would happen? It might not happen anytime soon. Here's an image of this novel, an adaptation of the game. 

2019-07-31_16.10.35.jpg

This is a great start, the first thing I've noticed. 

2019-07-31_16.10.09.jpg

"To Sigourney  Weaver, who gave us Ellen Ripley one of the greatest heroes of science fiction" 

Honestly, this has to be the best trailer I've ever seen. I've lost my track of how many times I've came to this video above. What was your first experience on playing A  L  I  E  N: Isolation game? Hoping for a sequel? What would you want to see in a sequel? Ain't I sound a bit of electrified? I just loved A  L  I  E  N: Isolation game so damn much.

Edited by r3viladdict
  • Like 1

It's one of my favorite films all-time, and I made the game my latest milestone (yes, I love it). 

I'd like a sequel in which you're given the ability to kill a Xeno, though doing so will alert more to your presence. Maybe even have their corrosive blood open new pathways to levels in a ship (if that's where it would take place). 

Super strange to see an official novel come out for a game released five years ago.

I liked the game and if a sequel comes out I'm here for it, but even though I actually used to enjoy novels based on games there's no way I'd pick this one up. Just doesn't seem like enough to make a compelling book out of.

Wow this is interesting. Never heard of this novel before. Please give us some insight anytime soon! 

To your questions: I loved Alien Isolation! It was finally the alien game that the fans deserved. Everything was done very well and with lots of passion. Also really really loved the scenes on LV-426. My very first experience with the game was buying it for only half the price, since I waited few months because I was so afraid the game could suck, after the Colonial Marines was such crap. Also played AVP but didn't like that one much either, although the predator campaign was quite good. Also I've never been a fan of FPS so that also kept me from buying it. When I finally had put my hands on the game I felt in love with it relative quickly. Yes it took a little time since we first saw the xeno (chapter 4 if I remember correctly?). But when it was "free" it was such fun to always be scared it could arrive anytime. Story of the game was good as well. I got everything I wanted from this game and more. Still need the trophy for not dying to finally plat the game. I put that away like I always do with good games, when I put them aside for a year or more, just the replay it when my memory has become foggy so I can enjoy it once more again. I'm also very disappointed with how less attention this pearl has gotten over the years. Defiantly deserves much more players. I would love to see a sequel. Would like it to have more action scenes, but more in the style of the second movie. Wonder if that's even possible with marines and stuff. But I would trust the developers, the did a very fine job on Isolation.

• 4 weeks later...

Notice that it didn't even say it was based from a video game from Creative Assembly or Sega because they no longer have the Aliens franchise license. Disney, 20th Century Fox, and FoxNext Games now hold the license. FoxNext was able to get the Amanda Ripley voice actor for Alien Blackout and made that mobile game pretty close to an Isolation game. 20th Century Fox and FoxNext could buy Creative Assembly for an Isolation sequel but they might not have to as they already made that Blackout game themselves.

Brace yourselves to all you Aliens Colonial Marines haters. The next Alien Franchise game is going to be closest to being an Aliens Colonial Marines type of game developed by FoxNext and Cold Iron Studios. It will be a MMO shooter game with a most likely release date within 2020. PS5 is also likely to be released within 2020. Time to stop hating and finally get excited. Don't be one of those players too afraid to buy a great new game because Gearbox hurt your feelings. LOL