8th Challenge "Outrider" - Bike Challenge

Bearded_Jay

1 hour ago, Nitemares----- said:

Yeah this is by far the best run to keep your combo meter up, especially at 1:30 on your video, it's straight away for the next couple of ramps. I'm at almost 94,000, with getting Sick Line always, but it's not killing Freakers half of the time, even when I pause and get close. Also having an issue where my Drift and Ramping only hits Silver, even though I'm doing everything as before for the Gold.

Im also curious how to change acceleration to R1, because I only see the change for the gun to L1. 

On the PlayStation desktop go to settings, Accessibility, Control scheme ( Button layout .) Then go to custom and you'll see the button layout. Change R2 to R1. Now that will be your drive and R2 will be your button to shoot. 

If you've got an issue with your ramping do what i did. When you start head straight in front of you and make a jump of the ledge down towards the first checkpoint. Then to your left towards the second checkpoint you'll see an even bigger ledge with a few trees on it and the checkpoint down below that. Drive of that and you've got yourself 2-3 points for that sub already. 

Edited by KryptonKronos
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Mid run, after the huge gap. If at this point, your streak is too high, you'll have much trouble keeping it alive

Oh yeah, I have no problem keeping my streak, always start over if it's not high enough, it's getting the other 2 with that one, ah I guess I'll just practice some more, I'll eventually get it, thanks for the replies. 

4 minutes ago, KryptonKronos said:

On the PlayStation desktop go to settings, Accessibility, Control scheme ( Something like that.) Then go to custom and you'll see the button layout. Change R2 to R1. Now that will be your drive and R2 will be your button to shoot. 

Oh ok, cool, thanks, had no idea. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

See above for the edit about

Just now, Nitemares----- said:

Oh yeah, I have no problem keeping my streak, always start over if it's not high enough, it's getting the other 2 with that one, ah I guess I'll just practice some more, I'll eventually get it, thanks for the replies. 

Oh ok, cool, thanks, had no idea. 

See above in my previous quote for the edit about the ramps. If you cant find the button layout on the PlayStation settings let me know and I'll go through it with you and turn on my PS4 so we can guide you through it together. 

5 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

How do you change it?  I went into options but I don’t see anywhere where you can actually change the control 

See above quote on this page to find out how to access the button layout from the PlayStation desktop settings menu. 

Also if you're having trouble killing freakers then i found out having the front end of your bike pointed towards them whilst waiting for the aim to focus helps. Normally i'd fire two or three shots, if i missed then I'd stop shooting and wait for the next freaker up ahead to focus on. That way your not always trying to shoot that one freaker with your gun pointed behind you whilst passing the next one right in front of you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KryptonKronos said:

See above for the edit about

See above in my previous quote for the edit about the ramps. If you cant find the button layout on the PlayStation settings let me know and I'll go through it with you and turn on my PS4 so we can guide you through it together. 

Yep found it, wow it's actually easier this way to control, for some reason I'm not spinning out as much, plus it's easier on your finger, thanks a ton. 

• Like 1

I mainly used the button switch because the R1 button has no sensitivity, so you press it and it goes in all the way. With the R2 button you find out to go full speed on driving games in particular, you have to hold it down hard and even then it doesn't react. 

I found this out trying to do running sequences on AC3 to get 100 percent sync. I watched videos and for some reason the guy who i was watching had his character moving a lot faster than mine. Then i thought my controller was buggered but searched forums and saw i wasn't the only one with issues. The amount of wear and tear that goes into pressing R2 just destroys the sensitivity on a lot of people's controllers it turns out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KryptonKronos said:

I mainly used the button switch because the R1 button has no sensitivity, so you press it and it goes in all the way. With the R2 button you find out to go full speed on driving games in particular, you have to hold it down hard and even then it doesn't react. 

I found this out trying to do running sequences on AC3 to get 100 percent sync. I watched videos and for some reason the guy who i was watching had his character moving a lot faster than mine. Then i thought my controller was buggered but searched forums and saw i wasn't the only one with issues. The amount of wear and tear that goes into pressing R2 just destroys the sensitivity on a lot of people's controllers it turns out. 

I wish I knew about this 3 days ago, you don't drift out of control this way, better handling. I had everything going great, towards the end I wiped out for no reason, I know for a fact I'll get the Gold soon.

• Like 1

Using that and the video route i sent should definitely help. Still might take a few hours but at least now you'll be hitting that mark. And you'll find out how badly the R2 button sticks causing all sorts of problems.

I hope the next controller for the PS5 sorts it out. No point buying another one, it'll just happen again. 

Edited by KryptonKronos
  • Like 1

After hundreds of attempts and many hours, I finally achieved gold. The 35 second air time always gave me the most trouble. I tried many different routes and then combined a few strategies from other vids to make it happen. Posting my run here in case anyone else who is struggling may find it helpful.

I’m so glad to be finished with this challenge!

OK I took a 3 hour break, tried a few attempts just now and I finally know the correct route, which jumps and when to drift. I almost did it, I had Gold in Sick Line & Desert Drifter, Silver in Road Kill & Air Apparent, I missed the last ramp cause I was wobbly really bad, then ran out of time pass the ramp, I had 34/35 seconds of airtime, it hurts knowing I would be done if it wasn't for that. My highest Score right now is 101,163

I'll try again either later or tomorrow. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

I still can't do the stupid thing :( No matter how hard I try, it just is not working. 

2 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Yesterday night i was too tired to do anything good, so i did a little video of a new run, as Nitemares asked !

The modifications of the run have been inspired by a few people of this thread, specially the beginning, thanks guys.

That is extremely impressive! I will try this later after work. Maybe this one will work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Yesterday night i was too tired to do anything good, so i did a little video of a new run, as Nitemares asked !

The modifications of the run have been inspired by a few people of this thread, specially the beginning, thanks guys.

Now that was a flawless run, great job, yeah I do the same route, even in the beginning, now I just have to make it perfect. Also nice music ? 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

YES I finally did it, just barely with a Score of 110,071

IDGAF about highest Score, never touching this Challenge again, my sanity can't take it haha. 

Got Silver in Road Killer & Gold in the rest, I was still in Silver overall when I finished with the Sub-Challenges at the end of the course, with like 3 seconds left, so I skidded into a Freaker and the rest is history. Thanks from everyone for all the tips, it's all about practicing and knowing the right path, along with luck.

Glad you did it !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Can you get gold for the main part, if you get to gold and silver medal? I can’t seem to concentrate and do everything else and kill the zombies at the same time 

Generally, three gold and one silver sub-challenges must be just enough for gold score. However, I've seen a few videos, where people had all of these but their score were still lower than it is needed. I'd say, its all about drifting with a high multiplier and shooting as much freakers as you can. As long as i know, it's impossible to get gold having even a single bronze medal for sub-chalenges. So, yeah, you should try your best on concentrating at everything in a single run. 

Edited by LazyJournalist
  • Like 3

What could make the difference is the bonus by passing through checkpoints. This bonus can go from 300 to 1500. It depends on how fast you deal with the segment (or how fast you pass through checkpoints...? not really sure about that).

That's why some people will have 3 gold + 1 silver and end up with 108/109k. Quickness matters, not much... but could make the difference.

But indeed, as LazyJournalist said, can't do anything without at least 3 gold + 1 silver. 

Edited by Bearded_Jay
  • Like 3