Stuck on a Island - 5 games

AuroraHistoire

You're stuck on a uncharted island in the middle of the ocean. Survival will not be an issue since the island has lovely cabin containing a magic refrigerator that is always full of a balanced selection of your favorite foods and drinks, has indoor plumbing, a couch, electricity and sauna. The island is cozy but you are never allowed to leave or receive anything new from the outside world. Fortunately, you had 5 videos games on you before the set of unfortunate that lead to this situation. What 5 games would you want to have on a deserted island?

Rules

• You may have a maximum of 5 games on your list. You can have less then 5 if you want.
  • Digital only games are welcome to be on your list. 
  • Any game on you list will have all DLC that comes with it (if applicable), unless the DLC can played without owning the base game. You can have stand alone DLC on your list but it counts as another game. You also can't buy micro transactions. 
  • You are not required to own a game or have played it.
  • You selection of games is allowed to span any number of consoles and handhelds. PC games are also allowed. Arcade cabinets are allowed too but it's one game per cabinet. All the hardware needed for your games is on the island. 
  • If the point of the game is to be a collection of other games, it is not allowed. Games that contain other games, like Animal Crossing, are allowed if they're not made with the intention of being a game collection and not advertised as one. 

Games like Crash Insane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited, do count as game collections despite being "new games".

• Explaning your picks is optional.
  • No wise guy comments that point out the flaws. The point is to share 5 games you could play for a very long time. If you really need to make that comment, please participate in the game too.

Modifiers

By default you're alone on the island & there is no Internet. I'll allow to turn these things on for your list if you choose. Please state that you have Internet or friends for your list if you are using those conditions. You are also allowed to make separate lists based on those conditions.

Stuck with Friends (or fellow gamers if you don't have friends)

You're island companions don't have games, so you are still limited to 5 games. The maximum number of people on the island is determined by the maximum number of people that can play local/LAN multiplayer at once (only one game has to support that many players); you're allowed to keep your friend group as small as you want. The island will have extra TV's, extra copies of your game and hardware for LAN.

For unexplained reasons you have Internet on the Island. You can play with others online and use voice chat but any attempt to get help off the island will always fail. You are also allowed to download mods for your games. The online servers will always be active and will never be shutdown for your games. You're allowed to restore the servers of games that have been shutdown. Playing online is always free. 

My first list is just myself with no Internet

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) - Final Fantasy 9 is one of my favorite RPG's ever. I have replayed the same sections a lot and never got bored. This game has a lot of content I've not discovered yet. I would also be able to speedrun this title.

Punch Out (Wii) - This can be beaten in under hour if you're skilled. It can take weeks if you suck. Fortunately, I suck at Punch Out. I can have fun getting good at the game. I'll probably be good enough to beat the game blindfolded before I die of old age.

Red Steel 2 (Wii) - The game is just fun to play and good exercise.

GTA V (PC) - It's a fun sandbox with a lot of things to do. I could mess around or speedrun to pass the time. I'd even have time to search for the hidden collectables.

Hatsune Miku: Project Miria DX (3DS) - I really enjoy the song selection of this game. There is also a Puyo Puyo mode so I sorta get that title too, kinda. The game also comes with AR cards; I can use those for entertainment. This is the only title with almost zero speedrun potential on my list.

Stuck with friends

Mario Kart: Double Dash (Game Cube) - It's Mario Kart but with 16 player LAN support.

Puyo-Puyo Tetris (Switch) - When I play online I always lose. In local mode, I may have a chance at winning. With my luck, everyone else will be Puyo Puyo and/or tetris champions, so I'll still lose all the time.

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) - The game doesn't benefit from having more people. I will need a break from multiplayer every so often.

Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - I have never played Halo before but it looks fun. This is another title with 16 player LAN. I could also play the single player.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch) - Smash is just a really fun game to play on your own. Having friends just makes it better. I can watch CPU players fight for entertainment.

Fallout New Vegas (PC) - I'd pick this one over the other modern Fallout games just for the single player. This game has a crazy amount of mod support so it won't get dull.

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) - Final Fantasy 9 is a good game.

Minecraft (PC) - The game could keep me entertained when I'm alone. Adding multiplayer and mods just makes the experience more fun.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch) - Eventually I'd get good enough to win online occasionally. I really like Puyo Puyo and Tetris is good too.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) - It's Mario Kart but you can play it online.

• Like 3

Ah, let's see now.  Well, here goes:

No Internet

GTA V - Why?  I like the game.  Plenty to do and I enjoy the story.

Hollow Knight - I suck at this game.  Only the idea of a deserted island and the time to play it might get me past the first boss.

Rayman Legends - I suck at this game, too.  But, maybe, maybe I can actually make some progress.

36 Fragments of Midnight - I never have time to play this game.  Now I will.

The Witcher 3 - So I can finally finish this game.

Stuck with Friends 

GTA V - Because we like to antagonize each other.

Internet

ESO - Always fun to do a 4 man dungeon

GTA V Online - Fun!

RDR - To finish the MP, and with friends

Uncharted 2 and 3 MP - Only if we are on an island during the month of August!

By myself, no internet:

1.) Final Fantasy X - with enough free time, maybe I'll finally be able to fill up the entire sphere grid, yeah? But seriously, this was one of my favorite games as a kid and could play it over and over

2.) Legend of Zelda: BoTW - I'm not sure where this game ranks on my all-time list, but I just can't imagine ever running out of things to do and each time I come back, it's like a breath of fresh air.

3.) Fire Emblem: 3 Houses - I'm loving this game so far and need to know how it ends. It also has a ton of replay value.

4.) Resident Evil 7 (with VR) - This game was the best experience I've had in gaming in a long time and I just can't imagine getting bored of it in VR

5.) Dark Cloud - Another game I played a lot as a kid and could play over and over again. Plus, the post dungeon is ridiculous. Definitely a plus.

Stuck with friends:

1.) Super Smash Bros Ultimate - for the same reason as the OP. It's just a fantastic party game with friends casuals and hardcores alike.

2.) Mario Kart Wii - This was my go-to game in highschool with friends. Always a good time.

3.) Call of Duty: Black Ops - we could use the training room and zombies for fun. We don't need internet! Local co-op all day every day.

4.) Mario Party 2 (N64) - It's been a long time since I've played this with friends and if we are on an island, we might as well hate each other! xD

5.) New Super Mario Bros Wii - Same reason as Mario party 2! Lmao. (If you've ever played it with friends, you'll know what I mean... Probably).

Online:

1.) Dead by Daylight - It's weird. I'm not usually into horror games or online multiplayer games, but for some reason, I just keep coming back for more. Plus, thanks for the loads of free DLC! Haha.

2.) The Last of Us Remastered - I love the single player and the multiplayer so I might as well list it here.

3.) Pokemon Sword/Shield - just give me an early copy and patch it later or better yet, it's digitally pre-ordered at the time of this post! I need some new Pokemon in my life. Maybe being stranded on an island will propel me to be a Pokemon master!

4.) Tetris 99 - Maybe I'll get my second win... But seriously, this is the only battle royale game I like.

5.) Monster Hunter World - Never actually played the game or the series, but if I'm stuck on an island, I might as well sink my time into something new! ;)

Conclusion: Variety is the spice of life! 

Hmm...

1. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch). I'm not sure if this counts as a game collection, but the sheer amount of content and possibilities makes this a necessity.
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch). I've never been particularly good at these games, but I rarely get sick of playing them. And like the one above, it doesn't really matter if I'm playing with friends, strangers, or the AI.
  3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch). Never played, but it looks like something I could sink hundreds of hours into.
  4. XCOM 2 (PC). This one, I HAVE sunk hundreds of hours into. Could easily do a thousand more.
  5. Skyrim (PC). Eh... If it's on the PC, and I can download mods, I guess you could do a lot worse.

Kinda weird that I don't have a single PS game on the list (and wouldn't even if we could have ten games, because a bunch of Pokemon and Fire Emblem games would come next), but the PS4 is still my favorite console. I just think Nintendo makes the best long-lasting games, and PC mods would really help with keeping things fresh.

Awesome topic! Okk, let's see , hard thinking mode : 

Offline :

- Skyrim (PC) : Even without mods ,this game is huge, I will have  a ton of stuff to do in it. Definetly one major pick.

- Dark Souls 1 (PC) : again , even without mods , the posibilities in this game are endless . I don't need internet for this one .

- Disciples 2 (PC) : ok so this one is abit special. It's a TBS for PC, huge amount of content and DLC  ANNNNND ... a map/quest editor. Lots to do.

- Gothic 3 (PC) : huge RPG, lots of options and lots of gameplay

- Devil May Cry 5 (PS4) : Here, have one for PS4. Don't know what to explain here, the game is just good.

Stuck with friends :

- FIFA whatever entry :  Never enjoyed FIFA ,my friends enjoy FIFA, might as well. It's either that or hunting in the jungle

- Counter Strike 1.6 or GO(PC) : Same as above

- Mortal Kombat X : the most playable mortal kombat for me soo ... yeah.

- DotA(PC): I will be stuck on an island. Eh sure why not,as long as we are friends.

- League of Legends(PC): at this point we aren't even friends anymore, it will spice things up xD 

Online (good riddance friends):

- For Honor: as long as the servers are up I will play that game. It's a blast.

- Street fighter 5 : I strangely started to enjoy this game. Maybe I could even get better at it. A lifetime on the island would help

- Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 : another fighting game, if only someone would actually play it xD assuming the servers are populated, definetly an entry

- Overwatch : Might as well go for the platinum for this crazy game

- Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy (PC) : Sooo...the jedi knight are kinda the best ACTION star wars series ( besides KOTOR). The online is a must! it's for honor with lightsabers and Force Powers. I could play this one until Kingdom Come.

These are my entries. I really gave alot of thought for them , I doubt I'd get bored on the island with these games.

No Internet

Silent Hill 1.

Forbidden Siren 2.

Resident Evil 7 all DLC.

The Evil Within 2.

Hitman 2.

Stuck with Friends 

Bloodstained RoTN(I heard they should add coop.)

GTA 5

Project Cars 2

Resident Evil 6

Any RPG that I don't know yet, something like Code: Vein.

Internet

Gran Turismo Sport

Dark Souls 1,2 and 3.

Demon Souls

Stuck on an island with a tv and all of my game systems but somehow only brought 5 games with me. ?

1. Final Fantasy 6 (SNES) It's been years since I've played this. Would love to do it again.

2. Chrono Trigger (SNES) As above. Plus multiple endings.

3. Chrono Cross (PS1) I never finished it. ? I should. One day.

4. Xenogears (PS1) Yes.....this was one amazing game. Again I haven't played it in years.

5. Silent Hill (PS1) I do like getting scared. ?

Edited by Jamescush147