Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Good advice, I'll have to try it.  I beat 9 ball and most of rotation already (just stuck on the expert guy) but I'm dreading 8 ball at this point.

Strangely I found rotation the hardest, more so than 8 ball. Done all except the expert guy too. Been unlucky a couple of times. Think this one will take a little bit of luck and perseverance is all. I’m dreading the baseball, lol. Tried it and I already know timing is much harder than the other games.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 0:34 PM, Undead Wolf said:

So the original plan was to play Yakuza 7 on the PS5, but it looks like stock shortages for the console are going to continue for quite some time, and I'm not desperate enough for one to go through the hassle of trying to rush through my order before it sells out in like 1 minute flat lol. I'll wait. I've ordered the PS4 version of Y7 instead, which funnily enough is half the price of the PS5 version and comes with a free upgrade anyway. It will probably be a couple of months before I start the game since I have my hands full with other stuff at the moment, but still, I'm looking forward to it. 

I totally agree with you there. When I watched the reveal trailer, I knew something seemed off to me. It was only after I saw comparisons to the original PS4 game that it became clear why that was. They really messed up with the lighting in the remaster and the character models don't look quite right to me either. I'm definitely glad I played the game on PS4, haha.

I got Yakuza 7 on the PS4 after hearing about the free upgrade. Not to brag or anything, but I was able to get a PS5 somehow with some effort on Walmart a lot quicker than I thought I would, so now I'm wondering if I should play Yakuza 7 sooner rather than later. I still have 3-6 and Judgement to play, but I'm really intrigued by the gameplay. Does anyone know if skipping to 7 would mess up the story at all?

Otherwise I still have Judgement on PS4 sitting in shrink wrap and after seeing the differences between the original and remastered PS5 version, I don't mind busting that out and playing it as well. 

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I got Yakuza 7 on the PS4 after hearing about the free upgrade. Not to brag or anything, but I was able to get a PS5 somehow with some effort on Walmart a lot quicker than I thought I would, so now I'm wondering if I should play Yakuza 7 sooner rather than later. I still have 3-6 and Judgement to play, but I'm really intrigued by the gameplay. Does anyone know if skipping to 7 would mess up the story at all?

I don't know much about the story in Yakuza 7, but it definitely has references to previous games that are going to go over your head if you jump right into it. There's even a character from Yakuza 6 who shows up and has a pretty important role from what I understand. As a general rule of thumb, I would recommend playing the series in order because you'll get the most out of it that way. Judgement is a spin-off that doesn't have much relation to the other games though, so you can play that whenever.

My buddy @Redgrave played Yakuza 7 recently, so maybe he can speak more authoritatively on whether it's a good jumping-in point or not.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Otherwise I still have Judgement on PS4 sitting in shrink wrap and after seeing the differences between the original and remastered PS5 version, I don't mind busting that out and playing it as well. 

I don't think it would really mess up the story but I think it would be good to play 3-6 so you can have more context as to who the characters are since characters from those games do show up in 7 and I think they do reference some events that happen in them too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Congrats on the PS5!  I can't add a whole lot that Undead Wolf and Redgrave haven't already touched upon (they are two of our resident Yakuza masters after all), but I would also suggest playing through 3-6 first as well, just because the stories in these games are so great and build on each other very well (having just started Yakuza 3 recently, I can attest that a lot happens just between 2 and 3 alone).  If nothing else, there's still roughly 2 weeks until Yakuza 7 launches on PS5, if you're able to, why not fire up the games and at least play through the story and mop up completion later?  Just a suggestion.

On 2/15/2021 at 2:01 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Strangely I found rotation the hardest, more so than 8 ball. Done all except the expert guy too. Been unlucky a couple of times. Think this one will take a little bit of luck and perseverance is all. I’m dreading the baseball, lol. Tried it and I already know timing is much harder than the other games.

I managed to squeeze past the expert rotation guy after about 4 hours of playing then immediately lost to the beginner 8 ball guy.  So I'm taking a break from 8 ball and doing other side stuff lol.  And thanks for the heads up about baseball!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I managed to squeeze past the expert rotation guy after about 4 hours of playing then immediately lost to the beginner 8 ball guy.  So I'm taking a break from 8 ball and doing other side stuff lol.  And thanks for the heads up about baseball!

Man, that’s some dedication you have there! Luckily I managed to polish off pool quite quickly with a couple of lucky drops. Rotation was hardest for me because I couldn’t pot off multiple cushions as the NPC could, and this mode had more balls in the way. With fewer balls and so more clear shots than in other modes I managed better, after I got the hang of hitting straight.

did golf this morning before work, but had a bit of a fit at the baseball last night, lol. Had 5 swings to hit the final 100 points and missed all of them to my incredible annoyance! So much harder than previous games, think the switch to 60fps somehow made a few of these mini-games harder.

I see you potted the 9 from break! Mind telling me your game type and break off position?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Congrats on the PS5!  I can't add a whole lot that Undead Wolf and Redgrave haven't already touched upon (they are two of our resident Yakuza masters after all), but I would also suggest playing through 3-6 first as well, just because the stories in these games are so great and build on each other very well (having just started Yakuza 3 recently, I can attest that a lot happens just between 2 and 3 alone).  If nothing else, there's still roughly 2 weeks until Yakuza 7 launches on PS5, if you're able to, why not fire up the games and at least play through the story and mop up completion later?  Just a suggestion.

Not a bad idea and yeah I think I'll get through them this year starting with 3 soon and I'll work my way up to 7 like Undead Wolf and Redgrave suggested. Kind of goes with my original plan to get through the main games and clear the trophies I can then do a Legend playthrough them all and clean up. Would be fun to play through just one really long story again without worrying about the side stuff (but I am very easily distracted in these games). Yakuza Kiwami 2 was easier to plat with Legend being basically a NG+ and having a cheap weapon, so I decided to just knock that out. I do have too many games I'm trying to get through between them when I should be concentrating on them ?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Man, that’s some dedication you have there! Luckily I managed to polish off pool quite quickly with a couple of lucky drops. Rotation was hardest for me because I couldn’t pot off multiple cushions as the NPC could, and this mode had more balls in the way. With fewer balls and so more clear shots than in other modes I managed better, after I got the hang of hitting straight.

did golf this morning before work, but had a bit of a fit at the baseball last night, lol. Had 5 swings to hit the final 100 points and missed all of them to my incredible annoyance! So much harder than previous games, think the switch to 60fps somehow made a few of these mini-games harder.

I see you potted the 9 from break! Mind telling me your game type and break off position?

Thanks lol.  Great job finishing off pool and golf though!  I think you're right about the 60fps though.  Trying to hook a tuna gives you roughly half a second to press the button.  I can't attest to the changes because I haven't played much of the PS3 version but there might have been a conversion problem, similar to the pool sensitivity.

And sure!  I played 9 ball at aqua sky and I did "practice alone".  I would push the cue all the way right on break, aim slightly between the 1 ball and the one below it (make sure to hit the 1 ball first or its a foul) and use full top English (I experimented with going slightly top left or top right and it had varied results).  It took a few times but it was better than trying to do it against an opponent.  I also saved before so I could reload once the trophy popped.  Hopefully this helps!

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

Not a bad idea and yeah I think I'll get through them this year starting with 3 soon and I'll work my way up to 7 like Undead Wolf and Redgrave suggested. Kind of goes with my original plan to get through the main games and clear the trophies I can then do a Legend playthrough them all and clean up. Would be fun to play through just one really long story again without worrying about the side stuff (but I am very easily distracted in these games). Yakuza Kiwami 2 was easier to plat with Legend being basically a NG+ and having a cheap weapon, so I decided to just knock that out. I do have too many games I'm trying to get through between them when I should be concentrating on them ?.

I'm the same way when it comes to Yakuza games.  I'll often get absorbed in the side content so long I forget what's happening!  But for my wife's sanity (she loves the story of the games), I decided to get through the story (and substories) and focus on side content when she's at work or gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks lol.  Great job finishing off pool and golf though!  I think you're right about the 60fps though.  Trying to hook a tuna gives you roughly half a second to press the button.  I can't attest to the changes because I haven't played much of the PS3 version but there might have been a conversion problem, similar to the pool sensitivity.

And sure!  I played 9 ball at aqua sky and I did "practice alone".  I would push the cue all the way right on break, aim slightly between the 1 ball and the one below it (make sure to hit the 1 ball first or its a foul) and use full top English (I experimented with going slightly top left or top right and it had varied results).  It took a few times but it was better than trying to do it against an opponent.  I also saved before so I could reload once the trophy popped.  Hopefully this helps!

Thanks man, although they weren’t the hard parts it turns out. Ex hard baseball is a bitch, barely got 1000 out of the 1800 after around 7 attempts. Inching closer but man, it’s annoying.

Took a break and finished the side stories. I now have the golden gun and nothing to use it on until final playthrough, lol. I saved all the coliseum fights hoping I might use it there in some events but not so far.

• Like 1

@TomoTakino

Managed to get the plat finished for 3 remastered. Only two pinch points were the Ex hard batting and Ultimate Match 3. Both took some perseverance and caused quite a lot of frustration, but excellent game and nice plat ultimately.

Some mini games were obviously screwed up and the hostess maker was a bore, plus the ability to modify weapons was just useless, but at least we went back to being able to carry our stats and items into the new playthrough making legendary very quick. Plus no annoying chase sequence 10 minutes after a save point.

I also liked the focus on the child characters and the softer side of Kiyru.

On to Yakuza 4 tomorrow, which I hear is a better game than 3, so looking forward to it, and it’ll be my 100th plat. Glad it’s one of this series as the milestone.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 6:15 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Managed to get the plat finished for 3 remastered. Only two pinch points were the Ex hard batting and Ultimate Match 3. Both took some perseverance and caused quite a lot of frustration, but excellent game and nice plat ultimately.

Some mini games were obviously screwed up and the hostess maker was a bore, plus the ability to modify weapons was just useless, but at least we went back to being able to carry our stats and items into the new playthrough making legendary very quick. Plus no annoying chase sequence 10 minutes after a save point.

I also liked the focus on the child characters and the softer side of Kiyru.

On to Yakuza 4 tomorrow, which I hear is a better game than 3, so looking forward to it, and it’ll be my 100th plat. Glad it’s one of this series as the milestone.

Nice job!  I'm still on Chapter 4 trying to wrap up side completions but thanks for the advice.  Batting seems to be hard (reminds me of Kiwami 1's batting in a way but toughter) but I've knocked out Bowling and Golf.  How is Yakuza 4 so far?  Are you liking it more?

Also here's your tile!

ANhI54R.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Nice job!  I'm still on Chapter 4 trying to wrap up side completions but thanks for the advice.  Batting seems to be hard (reminds me of Kiwami 1's batting in a way but toughter) but I've knocked out Bowling and Golf.  How is Yakuza 4 so far?  Are you liking it more?

Also here's your tile!

ANhI54R.png

Thanks for that and, yes, batting is tougher than previously. The old method of waiting for your bat to hitch and then hitting doesn’t work as the window for hitting is just so tight at 60fps. You now actually have to watch the ball and judge speed and distance before hitting. More realistic but more difficult.

I’ve hit a bit of a motivation wall with 4. Not sure if it’s the new character, slow story, slow movement (it’s like the engine can’t cope and they had to slow traversal and have more environmental pop in) or just burnout as this is my 5th successive game, but I haven’t even finished part one (although I have done all the substories for the part).

Plat is obviously easier though, as there is no need to complete the mini games, which I’m actually a bit sad about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the plat for 4. Must say it’s the worst out of all the Yakuza I’ve played so far (doing them in order from 0, so haven’t started 5 onwards yet).

The speed of movement is glacial, the need to keep switching characters late game is tedious, having to keep dodging cops with Saejima is incredibly annoying, and just little nonsensical things like the weapons dealer only selling certain weapons to certain characters annoys the hell out of me (especially when going for the weapons master trophy challenge); and not needing to master the mini games for the plat is a big letdown compared to previous games.
This is just the gameplay, the story through half the game is not great, at once drawn out and only touching the surface of characters. Only picks up in parts 3 and 4.
Still, the worst Yakuza game is still better than most others games out there! Hopefully the story picks up in 5 which I’ll be starting soon. Although I understand it’s a much bigger grind for the plat it might be more fun.

• Like 1

I have platinum on all Yakuza games from 0 to 6 and today i patinum Jugment.I also have 100% completition in every single game and also all EX-Rank in every game which had Haruka's request.For do that on 3 i need to download a Shogi app.I have no clue how to play Shogi.Instead i loved Mahjong and did even tournament.This is my favourite series.My favourite character are Goro Majima and Shun Akiyama.What makes Yakuza great other than combact fights are also minigames.I love karaoke,baseball,Mahjong,Drone.Sega includes also arcade games like Virtua Fighter,Puyo Puyo,Hang on,Super Hang on,ecc.. that are a really nice bonus.You buy a game and you can play even others.A true masterpiece.

• Like 3

On 15/03/2021 at 11:28 PM, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

I have platinum on all Yakuza games from 0 to 6 and today i patinum Jugment.I also have 100% completition in every single game and also all EX-Rank in every game which had Haruka's request.For do that on 3 i need to download a Shogi app.I have no clue how to play Shogi.Instead i loved Mahjong and did even tournament.This is my favourite series.My favourite character are Goro Majima and Shun Akiyama.What makes Yakuza great other than combact fights are also minigames.I love karaoke,baseball,Mahjong,Drone.Sega includes also arcade games like Virtua Fighter,Puyo Puyo,Hang on,Super Hang on,ecc.. that are a really nice bonus.You buy a game and you can play even others.A true masterpiece.

Because of this now I play mahjong outside Yakuza games. I even managed to find a mahjong party to play in person which, I thought, will be impossible to do here in Russia

Edited by DORE145
typos
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a while!.  I'm sorry it's been so long since I got in here and updated the thread.  I started a new job recently and it's been awesome but exhausting at the same time.  Still, I hope you guys have been enjoying the series and possibly playing the PS5 version of Yakuza 7 now that it's been released!

On 2/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Thanks for that and, yes, batting is tougher than previously. The old method of waiting for your bat to hitch and then hitting doesn’t work as the window for hitting is just so tight at 60fps. You now actually have to watch the ball and judge speed and distance before hitting. More realistic but more difficult.

I’ve hit a bit of a motivation wall with 4. Not sure if it’s the new character, slow story, slow movement (it’s like the engine can’t cope and they had to slow traversal and have more environmental pop in) or just burnout as this is my 5th successive game, but I haven’t even finished part one (although I have done all the substories for the part).

Plat is obviously easier though, as there is no need to complete the mini games, which I’m actually a bit sad about.

On 3/9/2021 at 2:08 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Just got the plat for 4. Must say it’s the worst out of all the Yakuza I’ve played so far (doing them in order from 0, so haven’t started 5 onwards yet).

The speed of movement is glacial, the need to keep switching characters late game is tedious, having to keep dodging cops with Saejima is incredibly annoying, and just little nonsensical things like the weapons dealer only selling certain weapons to certain characters annoys the hell out of me (especially when going for the weapons master trophy challenge); and not needing to master the mini games for the plat is a big letdown compared to previous games.
This is just the gameplay, the story through half the game is not great, at once drawn out and only touching the surface of characters. Only picks up in parts 3 and 4.
Still, the worst Yakuza game is still better than most others games out there! Hopefully the story picks up in 5 which I’ll be starting soon. Although I understand it’s a much bigger grind for the plat it might be more fun.

I can understand burnout.  Just don't push yourself to complete them all at once or you'll grow bored of the series and even dislike it.  These games are fun but in a way, they're not really meant to be played all in a row.  I know you're working on 5 but don't force yourself to power through the series.  And hopefully 5 is working better for you, I know I'm excited to get to play it though I heard the completion can be a nightmare.  I'm still working on 3 myself though I haven't really played it in a while (I'm eager to go back to it soon though).  Best of luck to you!  Here's your overdue tile for 4!

Spoiler

ESlshFs.png

On 3/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, DORE145 said:

Sign me up as well. I have plats in all mainline games (0-7) and Dead Souls.

Judgement and Fist of the North Star up next. And maybe remasters after some time.
What a great series. I like to know that there more yakuza fan like me. 

On 3/16/2021 at 4:34 AM, DORE145 said:

Because of this now I play mahjong outside Yakuza games. I even managed to find a mahjong party to play in person which, I thought, will be impossible to do here in Russia

Welcome!  I'm glad you enjoy this series and you have a really impressive list of platinums!  In fact, you're really close to earning a place in Majima's Finest!This is definitely the place to connect with others who love this series as there are quite a few people here who have earned a lot of the platinums in the series (and even one who has every platinum).  The series is really awesome and though I'm only on 3 as of right now, I've really enjoyed playing the series so far.  I'm also glad to see it inspired you to play mahjong!  It's fun but I don't understand it well enough to play in real life so I usually play it in Yakuza or on my switch.  It's also great to see you found people to play it with in real life!  While not mahjong, Yakuza did inspire me to pick up a pack of Hanafuda cards and my wife and I occasionally play Koi Koi in real life.  Best of luck with Judgment and FotNS and here are your completion tiles!

Spoiler

gtqpVCP.pngp7KMT9U.pngInJpNqO.pngL5Qe4F9.pngdPb4EMh.pngvG3NAFy.pngNY9Pyxi.pngFAqwt7y.pngMVXWgre.png

On 3/15/2021 at 1:28 PM, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Welcome!  That's impressive!  I usually try to max out Haruka's rank but I haven't gotten it in 3 yet.  I also love all the side missions and I often find myself getting sidetracked just playing arcade games or mini games.  The stories are also amazing too and my wife loves Majima (he's one of my favorites too).  Are you planning on playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon?  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

BUeydno.pngfix84ls.pngOnN1fjI.png6jD2vPV.pngz5eCuvX.pnghH59okL.pngijbdmNq.pngRT6S7D5.png

• Like 3

@TomoTakino

Congratulations on the new job, glad you’re enjoying it and hope it works out well.

I agree somewhat about burnout when playing through a series, especially if the games are similar and very long, but I’m loving 5 as the best in the series so I honestly feel 4 is just a relative dud. Then again I know others have the opposite opinion regarding 4 and 5.

I’ll probably take a bit of a break though with the free games released today. Paper Beast and Enter the Gungeon will certainly break up my play of 5 a bit.

I'm in no rush anyway, waiting for the next sale in 6 before buying it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Reveal hidden contents

gtqpVCP.pngp7KMT9U.pngInJpNqO.pngL5Qe4F9.pngdPb4EMh.pngvG3NAFy.pngNY9Pyxi.pngFAqwt7y.pngMVXWgre.png

Welcome!  That's impressive!  I usually try to max out Haruka's rank but I haven't gotten it in 3 yet.  I also love all the side missions and I often find myself getting sidetracked just playing arcade games or mini games.  The stories are also amazing too and my wife loves Majima (he's one of my favorites too).  Are you planning on playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon?  Here are your tiles!

Reveal hidden contents

BUeydno.pngfix84ls.pngOnN1fjI.png6jD2vPV.pngz5eCuvX.pnghH59okL.pngijbdmNq.pngRT6S7D5.png

I have mixed feelings about Like a Dragon because they changed combact system.I don't like that choise but it sn't the genre a problem because i love Digimion Cyber Sleuth's games but for Yakuza i loved the combact system of the previous games.Probably i will play it in the future because i like the others thing that makes Yakuza great.I also like side missions.They did a great job on 0 with Shinji,Daigo and Ryugi.Also they add contenct like for Akiyama and Tanimura in other games for their past giving you more information.I am italian and lasagna will be forever in my heart. ahahah

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I'm also glad to see it inspired you to play mahjong!  It's fun but I don't understand it well enough to play in real life so I usually play it in Yakuza or on my switch.  It's also great to see you found people to play it with in real life!  While not mahjong, Yakuza did inspire me to pick up a pack of Hanafuda cards and my wife and I occasionally play Koi Koi in real life.  Best of luck with Judgment and FotNS and here are your completion tiles!

I did't know that there is a proper mahjong game on switch. I need to check it out.

7 hours ago, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

I have mixed feelings about Like a Dragon because they changed combact system.I don't like that choise but it sn't the genre a problem because i love Digimion Cyber Sleuth's games but for Yakuza i loved the combact system of the previous games.Probably i will play it in the future because i like the others thing that makes Yakuza great.I also like side missions.They did a great job on 0 with Shinji,Daigo and Ryugi.Also they add contenct like for Akiyama and Tanimura in other games for their past giving you more information.I am italian and lasagna will be forever in my heart. ahahah

It same for me. I've used so much to old brawler gameplay and I was so sceptical about the new combat system. But after I played it for some time I enjoyed it. But I has some major issues in balance especially in comparison to the giants like Persona 4 and 5. I hope it will become much better with new iterations in next instalments.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 3:06 AM, TomoTakino said:

Hey guys, it's been a while!.  I'm sorry it's been so long since I got in here and updated the thread.  I started a new job recently and it's been awesome but exhausting at the same time.  Still, I hope you guys have been enjoying the series and possibly playing the PS5 version of Yakuza 7 now that it's been released!

I can understand burnout.  Just don't push yourself to complete them all at once or you'll grow bored of the series and even dislike it.  These games are fun but in a way, they're not really meant to be played all in a row.  I know you're working on 5 but don't force yourself to power through the series.  And hopefully 5 is working better for you, I know I'm excited to get to play it though I heard the completion can be a nightmare.  I'm still working on 3 myself though I haven't really played it in a while (I'm eager to go back to it soon though).  Best of luck to you!  Here's your overdue tile for 4!

Congrats on the new job! I couldn't jump into Yakuza 5 sooner due to uni exams, but will be finally doing so in the coming weeks. Right now I'm just trying to finish up my PS3 and PS4 backlog before thinking of getting a PS5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 11:49 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Congratulations on the new job, glad you’re enjoying it and hope it works out well.

I agree somewhat about burnout when playing through a series, especially if the games are similar and very long, but I’m loving 5 as the best in the series so I honestly feel 4 is just a relative dud. Then again I know others have the opposite opinion regarding 4 and 5.

I’ll probably take a bit of a break though with the free games released today. Paper Beast and Enter the Gungeon will certainly break up my play of 5 a bit.

I'm in no rush anyway, waiting for the next sale in 6 before buying it.

Thanks!  I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 5 a lot more than 4.  I'm really looking forward to it (still on Yakuza 3 myself).  It'll probably be a while before I get to it though.  Hopefully I won't lose motivation on 4.  Have fun with the free games though and best of luck with 5, I heard it's a huge completion!

On 3/26/2021 at 6:39 AM, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

I've heard of people who didn't like the combat change but enjoyed it when they finally started playing it.  Hopefully you'll enjoy it.  I love the side missions in Yakuza as well, even though I constantly get lost in them to the point where I often forget what I was doing in the main story (thankfully the games have New Game+).  And I loved 0 as well (my wife especially loved playing as Majima).  Also, benvenuto, grazie per esserti unito.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, DORE145 said:

I did't know that there is a proper mahjong game on switch. I need to check it out.

It same for me. I've used so much to old brawler gameplay and I was so sceptical about the new combat system. But after I played it for some time I enjoyed it. But I has some major issues in balance especially in comparison to the giants like Persona 4 and 5. I hope it will become much better with new iterations in next instalments.

Yes, it's in Clubhouse Games.  It also has Koi Koi in it.  That's how I introduced my wife to Riichi Mahjong.  It is a lot of fun, if you have a switch I'm sure you'd enjoy it!  I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the combat in Yakuza 7.  Hopefully it will get better though (if they don't go back to the old system).

On 3/27/2021 at 3:35 AM, NullRay85 said:

Congrats on the new job! I couldn't jump into Yakuza 5 sooner due to uni exams, but will be finally doing so in the coming weeks. Right now I'm just trying to finish up my PS3 and PS4 backlog before thinking of getting a PS5.

Thanks!  Hopefully you did well on your exams.  Also, hopefully PS5s will be easier to find by the time you clear your backlog!

• Like 2

Just got the plat for Yakuza 5. What a game! Best in the series so far (followed by Zero). The story is brilliant, without any weak characters, and the side stories for each character really makes every part feel unique.

A relatively easy plat, although with some frustrating elements. In particular the coliseum with Shinada (it only actually took me 2 attempts to do the 100 battle, but about 6 to get through the bloody tag team).

The completion requirements were easier than previous titles, although extensive, and the ultimate matches much easier than any other I’ve played.

I hear 6 is much shorter and easier to plat in comparison, which is a big disappointing given how much satisfaction I have going for the plats.

Next up for me though is judgment. Picked it up physically for £15 at the weekend. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3