Devil Horn glitch

Kaldunaa

• 5 months later...

I had the digital (PS Plus) version and Awakened DLC installed but I deleted everything (game, game data) and borrowed a physical copy which I've since started. I've not re-installed Awakened but do have the most up to date patch so I can do co-op. Am I good to go with the glitch using the simple route as long as I delete the game data again? Having Awakened installed previously shouldn't be an issue as I deleted it before I booted up the game, right?

8 minutes ago, Asher1985 said:

I had the digital (PS Plus) version and Awakened DLC installed but I deleted everything (game, game data) and borrowed a physical copy which I've since started. I've not re-installed Awakened but do have the most up to date patch so I can do co-op. Am I good to go with the glitch using the simple route as long as I delete the game data again? Having Awakened installed previously shouldn't be an issue as I deleted it before I booted up the game, right?

Seeing as you deleted both the game data unity and the digital game itself (this doesn't really matter), then yes you are fine. I am sure you already know this, but all the digital version does is come with the patch preinstalled, not the DLC itself. Any DLC downloaded is located in the Game Data Unity folder which can be deleted. This will remove the patch, but the latest patch itself is to make the Awakened DLC playable. Just be sure not to save on a slot while you have the Awakened DLC installed and you will be fine for the glitch.

Again, it is okay to play with the latest patch (just don't download the SP DLC), but when you beat Classic Mode and you want to start Hardcore (and Survivalist) with the Devil Horns, go to your Game Data Unity, delete the Dead Space 3 files (only), boot up the game and play without any patches up to Chapter 3. If you did it correctly, you will be offline and when you are actually in the game, it will say the Devil Horns is in your safe.

Now:

1. Go to or load up your Classic Save
  2. Select New Game +.
  3. Select Hardcore.
  4. Select New Game.
  5. Play up to chapter 3 and locate your first bench.
  6. Take the Devil Horns from your safe and equip it. Select it just in case.
  7. Save and Quit.
  8. Repeat steps 1-7, but instead select Survivalist instead of Hardcore. When done with both, go to step 9.
  9. Back out to the XMB, then boot up the game again and accept the patch.

I think that about covers it. When you're ready to do the DLC, just install the DLC and use your completed Survivalist file to save yourself the headache.

• Like 1

On 17/02/2020 at 2:19 PM, x410xDragon said:

Seeing as you deleted both the game data unity and the digital game itself (this doesn't really matter), then yes you are fine. I am sure you already know this, but all the digital version does is come with the patch preinstalled, not the DLC itself. Any DLC downloaded is located in the Game Data Unity folder which can be deleted. This will remove the patch, but the latest patch itself is to make the Awakened DLC playable. Just be sure not to save on a slot while you have the Awakened DLC installed and you will be fine for the glitch.

Again, it is okay to play with the latest patch (just don't download the SP DLC), but when you beat Classic Mode and you want to start Hardcore (and Survivalist) with the Devil Horns, go to your Game Data Unity, delete the Dead Space 3 files (only), boot up the game and play without any patches up to Chapter 3. If you did it correctly, you will be offline and when you are actually in the game, it will say the Devil Horns is in your safe.

Now:

1. Go to or load up your Classic Save
  2. Select New Game +.
  3. Select Hardcore.
  4. Select New Game.
  5. Play up to chapter 3 and locate your first bench.
  6. Take the Devil Horns from your safe and equip it. Select it just in case.
  7. Save and Quit.
  8. Repeat steps 1-7, but instead select Survivalist instead of Hardcore. When done with both, go to step 9.
  9. Back out to the XMB, then boot up the game again and accept the patch.

I think that about covers it. When you're ready to do the DLC, just install the DLC and use your completed Survivalist file to save yourself the headache.

I should be good to carry on then. I'm going to complete my casual playthrough, get a co-op partner on chapter select, then play on Classic, then follow the steps to use the exploit.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but as I'm using this glitch now, one word of advice for those who want to do it. Do yourself a favor and turn off the internet connection when playing without the patch. It's gonna annoy the shit out of you with messages to update the game every 5 minutes or so, even during gameplay which forced me to re-download the game twice now, as I was spamming X during a QTE or after killing a lot of enemies, and I accidentally pressed Yes to download the patch. Fuck this game, I'm so glad this glitch exists, I wouldn't even bother finishing this game without it.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, HaserPL said:

I know this thread is old, but as I'm using this glitch now, one word of advice for those who want to do it. Do yourself a favor and turn off the internet connection when playing without the patch. It's gonna annoy the shit out of you with messages to update the game every 5 minutes or so, even during gameplay which forced me to re-download the game twice now, as I was spamming X during a QTE or after killing a lot of enemies, and I accidentally pressed Yes to download the patch. Fuck this game, I'm so glad this glitch exists, I wouldn't even bother finishing this game without it.

Lol right. That gun is sooooooo therapeutic

• 3 weeks later...

I only have the digital version of this game from PS Plus, and you can 100% do the glitch on it.  I had downloaded the patch before doing classic mode, but once I finished, I ended up having to delete and redownload the game, this time saying no to installing the patch, and it worked.

I will just mention,  when trying to get devil horns on hardcore if you die before getting to the chapter 3 bench it won't appear in the safe. So load back up your classic save thats completed,  select ng+ and start hardcore again. Thought I'd mention incase anyone has this happen to them :)

Still works as of 1/04/2021 with no patch installed