Missable trophies?

JoaLoft

It's been a long time since I played Final Fantasy VIII (back on PS3 was the last time I did), so I wanted to check with the community if there are any missable trophies, for us trophy hunters who play through the game properly?

That being said: I don't want to hear the excuse you can use cheats to power through everything. I'm talking about a legit playthrough with no tricks included.

Edited by JoaLoft

20 minutes ago, LGRMJauffre said:

All of the Guardian Forces you have to draw can be drawn from enemies in the final dungeon as memory serves, so unless doing it that way invalidates the trophies for some reason, that one can't be missed, at least.

They still qualify as missable. Something missable has LIMITED chances to be obtained.

For example, Cactuar is optional, but not missable, it'll be always obtainable even if you reach the very end of CD4.

Edited by Lance_87

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They still qualify as missable. Something missable has LIMITED chances to be obtained.

For example, Cactuar is optional, but not missable, it'll be always obtainable even if you reach the very end of CD4.

Exactly what I was thinking: I meant if you can still acquire everything before heading to <Location X>* at the finale of the story, or if things get locked away at certain intervals.

(*) Didn't want to put down the exact location, because I don't want to spoil the major twist of when and where, for people who are experiencing this gem for the very first time. :)

3 hours ago, vinostar said:

I ask one more time?

can i miss a trophy?

i want to enjoy the game as far as i can tbh 

Several of the Draws can be missed if you don't get them from boss battles (Pandermona is Drawn from a boss) or take the extra steps to get them (Cactaur can be easily missed). The CC Club could be missable too. Most of the trophies are unmissable or happen naturally in the game. 

Edit: was thinking of the wrong Force that had to be Drawn. 

Edited by DFuzed

Siren, Diablos, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, Cerberus, Doomtrain, Alexander, Eden

Missable GF Trophies ^

CC Group, Obel Lake Secret, Timber Maniacs, PuPu Side Quest

Missable Trophies ^

Loser can be considered missable I think, but it would require you to mod all the rare cards in the game and not complete the CC Group, before ever losing one in a match, for that reason I suppose it's missable. Just highly unlikely.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

Siren, Diablos, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, Cerberus, Doomtrain, Alexander, Eden

Missable GF Trophies ^

CC Group, Obel Lake Secret, Timber Maniacs, PuPu Side Quest

Missable Trophies ^

Loser can be considered missable I think, but it would require you to mod all the rare cards in the game and not complete the CC Group, before ever losing one in a match, for that reason I suppose it's missable. Just highly unlikely.

Actually at the end of the game you can draw many GFs from certain bosses clustered around a surprise area, that I won’t spoil here. In any case these are:

Alexander
Carbuncle
Cerberus
Eden
Leviathan
Pandemona
Siren

However Diablos and Doomtrain are definitely missable due to the items you could miss or sell.

Yes I also I think the Timber Maniacs trophy is missable because certain issues are only available in certain parts of the story that you can’t return to. If I’m not mistaken, it’s been a while since I last played it, but back then I would have gotten every trophy, since I 100% completed everything.

You can’t miss Loser trophy because at any point in time you can literally save the game and then just lose a rare card on purpose and reload your save. Though, without spoiling anything, there is theoretically a point of no return, where you can no longer play cards at the very end. I suppose this fact does make the CC Group, pupu side quest and obel lake side quest missable. But since you can save any time with up to 60 separate save slots, it’s easy to just reload a save and finish any of those quests/get those GFs etc. without replaying any parts of the story, so missable is a little overstated anyway.

Too bad there’s no trophies for gilgamesh or odin, or getting all the cards, which was the best quest in the game. Or defeating Ultima weapon. Or even better: defeating one of every monster, some of which are seriously tough and rare. That would have been awesome.

Edited by cam_wick
Forgot to mention something
  • Like 1

doomtrain is also automatically missed if you missed alexander BC of alexanders ability to craft the pills (I don't know the english word of the item) you need to summon doomtrain

also if you never ever entered a junk shop you won't be able to craft a better weapon after a certain point bc you can enter a junk shop with tonberys junk shop ability but only if you entered one before... so that is a missable trophy too, right?

I never tried that.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2019 at 7:05 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

waiting for a 100% trophy guide / game walkthrough. yeah old ones are out there but im sure a simpler one will be out soon enough. 

bought it in a rush and already regret it. thinking itll suffer like ff7. bought it. got started. went back a year later.

still. a great game

Can use the steam guide it works

On 04/09/2019 at 7:46 PM, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

doomtrain is also automatically missed if you missed alexander BC of alexanders ability to craft the pills (I don't know the english word of the item) you need to summon doomtrain

also if you never ever entered a junk shop you won't be able to craft a better weapon after a certain point bc you can enter a junk shop with tonberys junk shop ability but only if you entered one before... so that is a missable trophy too, right?

I never tried that.

Yes you are right the only way to get remedy+ is using alexander med lvl +

• Like 3