How to let glitches still work? (games on disc version)

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

Since I can't play this week-end and I've just seen this soo wonderful topic about Borderlands 3:

Assuming they'll fix it with some updates (or maybe not, but to be safe, let's say yes lol), the way to let glitches still work (not only this one in Borderlands 3, I'm asking about every videogame) is to stop the update of the game right?

PS: I only own disc versions of all videogames, so I guess I'll be more safer right?

Sorry for dumb and noob  questions but I have never got informed about this topic... Thanks

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

Doesn’t using a third party program to intercept patches constitute software and hardware manipulation?

No third party software is used on retail discs where you stop the update(s).

Unless the retail game in question comes pre-patched, all you have to is either pause the update or disconnect your PS4 from the internet so nothing downloads in the first place. Whilst using the Charles Proxy exploit to bypass the updates in games is something of a grey area, there's absolutely nothing Sony can do about it and frankly they couldn't careless anyway so won't even attempt to stop people from using it. Also, save scumming is a trick that is almost as old as gaming itself and absolutely won't get you in trouble.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless the retail game in question comes pre-patched, all you have to is either pause the update or disconnect your PS4 from the internet so nothing downloads in the first place. Whilst using the Charles Proxy exploit to bypass the updates in games is something of a grey area, there's absolutely nothing Sony can do about it and frankly they couldn't careless anyway so won't even attempt to stop people from using it. Also, save scumming is a trick that is almost as old as gaming itself and absolutely won't get you in trouble.

So comrades is fair play for Final Fantasy 15? Shouldn’t stress it?