Did the devs actually tried out any of the Bike Challenges themselves first?

TheLastLion93

Those jumps are so fucking random I can't even. Sometimes you can jump 3km wide and land without a scratch, most of the time of course you don't. Sometimes you slip on a stone and fall of the bike after a 2m jump. Did anyone from the dev team tried any of those challenges and thought it was good idea. It's just so annoying to have a perfect run and then the fucker falls from the bike for no apparent reason.

Most challenges are fun but it really feels like some weren't even tested before rolling them out for the public.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah my brothere was so pissed that he wanted to use the bike to jump a ramp to land on a small island surrounded with a pool of water to pick something in the main game and despite the game is programmed like this the bike will just doesn't make the jump even though he's 100% sure building enough speed to jump.

after like 7 tries he makes it.

the whole game is a glitch fest and it's kinda baffling these devs kept patching the game every month eating more free space on the hard drive to only update the challenge mode while leaving the main game a bit glitchy.

Despite that fact that game has high input lag and a few bugs I had so much fun with those challenges. I did every mission on Gold with 4 gold medals in each mission like in 3 days. It's not that hard tbh. And I'm pretty sure that they've tested all of the challenges long enough to find the best requirements to everything :)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4003-need-for-speed/45-gold-plated look at this trophy if you want to see something REALLY HARD. High input lag, low framerate, cars spawning in front of you on a road and dumb AI makes it almost impossible to do. R.I.P. 100% completion for me 

• 2 weeks later...

SMH to all those defending the awful bike mechanics and physics

with the usual argument of "X racing game like Wipeout and NeedForSpeed are harder".

If you think people bought Days Gone to play racing games in a survival game you have another thing coming.

For the record, if not for the trophies, even fewer players would even bother with the challenges in general.

Even that circlejerk reddit criticized the challenges and asked for a proper DLC

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, Kalmstor said:

Despite that fact that game has high input lag and a few bugs I had so much fun with those challenges. I did every mission on Gold with 4 gold medals in each mission like in 3 days. It's not that hard tbh. And I'm pretty sure that they've tested all of the challenges long enough to find the best requirements to everything :)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4003-need-for-speed/45-gold-plated look at this trophy if you want to see something REALLY HARD. High input lag, low framerate, cars spawning in front of you on a road and dumb AI makes it almost impossible to do. R.I.P. 100% completion for me 

I need help with some challenges ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

they are awfull especially the stupid bike ones, if the game decides to just do whatever then your done for. land the ramp perfect? oh we decide to just flip you right off that because why not. the majority of people who got these exploited them. ive only seen a few people do them legit.

Are you talking about people on here? If so I highly doubt they exploited them, there was enough discussion and tip sharing that it was pretty clear we were all struggling through together. Honestly they are not that bad, the bike ones take some practice but I did not have any that took me more then an hour or two to get down. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

they are awfull especially the stupid bike ones, if the game decides to just do whatever then your done for. land the ramp perfect? oh we decide to just flip you right off that because why not. the majority of people who got these exploited them. ive only seen a few people do them legit.

ive spent an entire week on those challenges, 2 days on the challenge 8 alone, i did it all legit,  im all for using glitches and exploits, if they can make your life easier, but i dont know if the game has any, and even if they were, its all has been patched out, im not even sure how u can exploit the bike challenges. Yes they are tough, but not impossible, with time, practice and patience everything is achievable

On 26.11.2019 at 0:44 AM, VegaTheGreat said:

SMH to all those defending the awful bike mechanics and physics

with the usual argument of "X racing game like Wipeout and NeedForSpeed are harder".

If you think people bought Days Gone to play racing games in a survival game you have another thing coming.

For the record, if not for the trophies, even fewer players would even bother with the challenges in general.

Even that circlejerk reddit criticized the challenges and asked for a proper DLC

Days Gone is about bikers and 30% of your time in this game you spend driving your bike, so this game is somehow a racing game, but not in the way we are used to know racing games. 

So it's explainable why they add racing challenges to this game. If you want to get better at driving just play more, learn how this game works, learn waypaths, as I did, and had almost no difficulties in getting those trophies. If this was a discussion about Dark Souls or Bloodborne, phrase "git gud" would be the first comment here :)

Speaking of Bloodborne I had so much difficulties playing this game, it was not my type of game, that's for sure. But I wanted to get that platinum so was forced to get better. I invested so much of my time getting better at it and finally got 100% later. Not gonna touch Souls-like games ever again :D

And I wrote about Need for Speed trophy only as an example of unachiavable trophy for casual player. These Days Gone trophies are achiavable for casual players and that's a fact.

Also I could replace that Need for Speed trophy, which I mentioned as an example, with this one https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5379-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/30-the-shot (this one can be done only using bugs) so you will save some stamina not shaking your head ;)

Edited by Kalmstor

11 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Are you talking about people on here? If so I highly doubt they exploited them, there was enough discussion and tip sharing that it was pretty clear we were all struggling through together. Honestly they are not that bad, the bike ones take some practice but I did not have any that took me more then an hour or two to get down. 

there was patches for each level each new level. the first level people were on the roof untouchable so they dont get hit. the other one when your in the town you could climb on the rafters and not be touched. they even wiped the leaderboards at one point. the one bike challenge you could stay in one spot and just do a 360 to get points. the videos for all those had thousands of comments thanking them. i know i saw a few people on here actually do it legit but it was the minority

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalmstor said:

Days Gone is about bikers and 30% of your time in this game you spend driving your bike, so this game is somehow a racing game, but not in the way we are used to know racing games. 

So it's explainable why they add racing challenges to this game. If you want to get better at driving just play more, learn how this game works, learn waypaths, as I did, and had almost no difficulties in getting those trophies. If this was a discussion about Dark Souls or Bloodborne, phrase "git gud" would be the first comment here :)

Speaking of Bloodborne I had so much difficulties playing this game, it was not my type of game, that's for sure. But I wanted to get that platinum so was forced to get better. I invested so much of my time getting better at it and finally got 100% later. Not gonna touch Souls-like games ever again :D

And I wrote about Need for Speed trophy only as an example of unachiavable trophy for casual player. These Days Gone trophies are achiavable for casual players and that's a fact.

Also I could replace that Need for Speed trophy, which I mentioned as an example, with this one https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5379-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/30-the-shot (this one can be done only using bugs) so you will save some stamina not shaking your head ;)

I did entirely MW Remaster legit way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evil_Raziel said:

I did entirely MW Remaster legit way

That's nice to hear. I played the whole campaign on Veteran but the mission One Shot, One Kill was impossible for me to do on that difficulty. I spent whole day playing that mission with no success. I was almost instantly killed every time while coming out from a cover to pick up MacMillan, and few times when I picked him up later I was shreded by dogs. So that day I wasn't lucky enough to do it legit way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalmstor said:

That's nice to hear. I played the whole campaign on Veteran but the mission One Shot, One Kill was impossible for me to do on that difficulty. I spent whole day playing that mission with no success. I was almost instantly killed every time while coming out from a cover to pick up MacMillan, and few times when I picked him up later I was shreded by dogs. So that day I wasn't lucky enough to do it legit way.

No doubt, it is the hardest one. I never did in Veteran in PS3 original game.

• Like 1