Advice for new trophy Hunter.

RedDead3001

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Figure out what aspect of trophy hunting you like. Find a game you think will be good that allows you do that part of trophy hunting. Repeat. 

Don’t bog yourself down with the aspects of trophy hunting you don’t like. 

I have about nine games that have multiplayer trophies and I’m trying to get those games out the way and do them quickly and then take my time with the other games that I have is that a good strategy?

Which one makes you feel better about your profile? If you feel more accomplishment by having a higher completion rate, work on that. If that number of platinums increasing is what encourages you to play more, then work on that.

Sounds like you need to take a moment and consider what you mean when you think about trophy hunting. There’s a lot of different aspects to different kinds of trophy hunting and you don’t need to worry about all of them all the time. Figure out what draws you to the idea of trophy hunting and use that to direct you into what to do next. 

27 minutes ago, RedDead3001 said:

thank you, Should I worry about my completion rate or the amount of platinum’s that I half in your opinion what do you think?

That is something that nobody should tell you, you are the one that should know what you like to do when you play and get trophies... You like to complete things? Then go for a high completion rate... You like to play a lot of games and just get a bulk of trophies to increase your level? Then go for it...

If somebody tells you that one or the other is better you shouldn't pay attention to them, you play for yourself, not for others... Or at least I think that you wont be able to enjoy that xD

31 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Which one makes you feel better about your profile? If you feel more accomplishment by having a higher completion rate, work on that. If that number of platinums increasing is what encourages you to play more, then work on that.

Sounds like you need to take a moment and consider what you mean when you think about trophy hunting. There’s a lot of different aspects to different kinds of trophy hunting and you don’t need to worry about all of them all the time. Figure out what draws you to the idea of trophy hunting and use that to direct you into what to do next. 

7 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

That is something that nobody should tell you, you are the one that should know what you like to do when you play and get trophies... You like to complete things? Then go for a high completion rate... You like to play a lot of games and just get a bulk of trophies to increase your level? Then go for it...

If somebody tells you that one or the other is better you shouldn't pay attention to them, you play for yourself, not for others... Or at least I think that you wont be able to enjoy that xD

thank you guys for the reply I really appreciate it.

Do whatever you want to do. There is no right or wrong.

I personally can't care less about racking up a ton of easy plats with games that are of less quality.

I prefer to play games I tend to enjoy, even though I have a smaller amount of platinums.

But to each their own! 

Edited by ZoutjeNL
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Do whatever you want to do. There is no right or wrong.

I personally can't care less about racking up a ton of easy plats with games that are of less quality.

I prefer to play games I tend to enjoy, even though I have a smaller amount of platinums.

But to each their own! 

Quality over quantity that’s what I’m going towards also.

In my opinion it's not just whether you want to be a trophy whore or crazy completionist. There is a middle way as well. A lot of people play several different games on their profile and only when they really like a game, they go for the platinum or 100%. Actually, I think that this is the most healthiest approach to trophies :).

Others have already made some good points, we all have different motivations when it comes to trophies, whether it’s being a completionist or getting as many plats as possible etc.

To give you a bit of perspective, I used to get as many plats as I could, even just aiming for easy plats. After a while it got tiresome and this was on an old account, but nowadays I treasure the quality of the plat or 100%, that is what satisfy me the most with trophies.

My definition of quality is going for 100%/plat for games I really like and enjoy regardless of the time required because I’m already motivated enough to go through the journey. And difficult games. Getting a plat in a challenging games can be so rewarding and is sometimes worth several plats just for the satisfaction.

• Like 1