Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

14 hours ago, MakkutheCrazy said:

Oh... So, if someone started now, would they have to spend money? 1f61e.png Is it possible of them to have made such an awful trophy? 

To be honest I’m skeptical of my ability to get this trophy and I’ve been logging in every day and typically playing at least a game or two. 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:56 AM, PFinchen said:

To be honest I’m skeptical of my ability to get this trophy and I’ve been logging in every day and typically playing at least a game or two. 

yeah, I have no clear path to 2,900 unless they add another big set.  Holding out hope for a Historical 300 card set.

I am at 2,540 and can get to 2,600 with additional rewards cards, domination and spotlight challenges.  But all other remaining cards are expensive at this point.  Maybe wait until summer when the market is so flooded that diamonds and pink diamonds become cheap.

• Like 1

A rather big development today with the addition of Spotlight Sim challenges. 5 games a piece for all 30 NBA teams. Each set of 5 games rewards you with 1 card, then completing the West, East, and entire NBA rewards you with an additional 3 cards. You need 10 cards from each team in your lineup to be able to do the final challenge (any set/collection seems to work fine.) Prices for all player cards have therefore increased, so this isn't a good time to be expanding collector level in that way.

Instead, I would try to chip away at the sets and maybe flip some evos along the way. The first game of each set is on rookie, so its a good opportunity to farm 3pts and steals. The leap year ones should be decent for this, and I'm also using the opportunity to finish off my last domination evolution card. The hype for these will die down over time, and you'll have a bigger MT pool ready to expand your collection when the time is right and player cards have dropped in value.

• Like 2

Yes prices for regular cards have almost tripled in some cases. Sapphires that brought me 800 last week gave me 2900 today. Bronzes, silvers and golds all jumped also.

Spotlight Sims are good idea to help #s. I'm exactly 50 away as of today. Tomorrow is Friday and should bring another update as both the Prime and Buzzer Beater packs expire tomorrow. 

They need to release something with some good numbers and not all these expensive Opals!

2 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

A rather big development today with the addition of Spotlight Sim challenges. 5 games a piece for all 30 NBA teams. Each set of 5 games rewards you with 1 card, then completing the West, East, and entire NBA rewards you with an additional 3 cards. You need 10 cards from each team in your lineup to be able to do the final challenge (any set/collection seems to work fine.) Prices for all player cards have therefore increased, so this isn't a good time to be expanding collector level in that way.

Instead, I would try to chip away at the sets and maybe flip some evos along the way. The first game of each set is on rookie, so its a good opportunity to farm 3pts and steals. The leap year ones should be decent for this, and I'm also using the opportunity to finish off my last domination evolution card. The hype for these will die down over time, and you'll have a bigger MT pool ready to expand your collection when the time is right and player cards have dropped in value.

yeah, I saw these earlier, was not sure about how to get the 2 pink diamonds and galaxy opal, thanks for confirming.

Looking at the cards closer, I am excited and will start with the Nets, Pacers, and Suns to get 95-rated Diamonds Joe Harris, Malcolm Brogdon, and Ty Jerome from the STILL Reigning National Champions, Virginia Cavaliers. ?

I'm so glad I sniped some godly card (PD Gianis where you can have him as a PG) . I'm going to play some DOOM!!!!!!!! though :)  I'm fine with the requirements with a challenge having x-amount of players for a specific team, as long as they don't BS like they did in 2K18 :facepalm: 

Edited by grimydawg___

Maybe it is just me, but the all-star game on the new Spotlight challenges (game 3) was tougher/more competitive than any Domination game I remember on superstar.  Seems odd.

I am not looking forward to winning on Hall of Fame with a pseudo-bum lineup, win with 10 Suns for example.

45 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Maybe it is just me, but the all-star game on the new Spotlight challenges (game 3) was tougher/more competitive than any Domination game I remember on superstar.  Seems odd.

I am not looking forward to winning on Hall of Fame with a pseudo-bum lineup, win with 10 Suns for example.

I'd wait until you have better players.  I got lucky and won GO Magic Johnson after my first pack opening LOL

Edited by grimydawg___

This is such a grind, I'm at 2680 but I'm starting to go crazy. I've done all domination and all but 2 original spotlights as well so the only rewards I have left are nique (at 730 wins of the worst mode ever) and the new sim spotlights, and also the 12-0 rewards because I can only ever seem to win 5 to 7. Might also have about 50 cards left that cost less than 10k. I hope they release historic collection soon.

Did anybody evo pippen? I'm close to hitting opal with him and looking forward to pairing him with my opal jsmoove. I also have penny timmy and broy but I'd rather keep the overall down and Smith is my fav. Oh and jrich is an absolute joke I cant believe they never upgraded that card with how much of a grind it was to get him and then evo him.

18 hours ago, Igloo_Smasher said:

I'm at 2720 now, this is the worst grind I've ever experienced. I really hope they release many more cards because I'm at the pt where I only have a few sub 10k left. I'm thinking I'll just play other games for a few months and hope this becomes manageable.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah it will be my first and last 2k platinum! Unless they drastically change their obnoxious plat requirements in the future. I've gotten some of the grindy trophies in the past like hall of fame my career in 12 or max badges last year and those were bad enough. This is almost torture but no way I got this many cards to quit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Igloo_Smasher said:

Yeah it will be my first and last 2k platinum! Unless they drastically change their obnoxious plat requirements in the future. I've gotten some of the grindy trophies in the past like hall of fame my career in 12 or max badges last year and those were bad enough. This is almost torture but no way I got this many cards to quit.

This is much better compared to 2K18 and 2K19.  Normally there would be Playoff Moments/Throwback cards by the middle of April.  We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Igloo_Smasher said:

I know it's not as bad as those games were which is why I never even attempted those plats despite putting over 200 hours in each. This is my first year even playing myteam a ton and I have to say the mode is terrible which makes the grind far worse. The gameplay is so bad with garbage moving shots after dribbling back and forth for 10 secs and snatch back threes having a higher green rate than a wide open catch and shoot looks. I much prefer simulation modes in sports games, also them dropping an elite tier bol bol card with the skills of kd is so hilariously bad, these devs dont care about real bball.

If you want the "sim" experience, go on play now online.  It's much better there.  Also, MyTeam is going to have "fantasy" cards.  It's like Madden and FIFA.  I mean last year you can literally have Shaq play the PG if you wanted to LMAO

11 hours ago, PFinchen said:

That’s how I’m feeling, I’ve just cracked 1800 cards. 

Keep it up man, if you ever get lucky pulling the new Opals just see if they're worth a lot and sell. I did that earlier and was able to get like 1 mil plus MT total, and from there you just gotta complete collections and getting the lower tier cards. I used my 750 tokens collector reward to clean up the token rewards players, just got PD and GO board to finish. Sucks how much of a grind this is gunna be lmao

On 4/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, grimydawg___ said:

If you want the "sim" experience, go on play now online.  It's much better there.  Also, MyTeam is going to have "fantasy" cards.  It's like Madden and FIFA.  I mean last year you can literally have Shaq play the PG if you wanted to LMAO

True I just dont get why they have players like bol bol, cam reddish, tacko, lance stephenson, thon maker, jeff green, and several others have insane cards and then awesome players like shawn Kemp and Gary Payton have awful, unusable cards. I mostly would stick to myleague and mycareer if I didn't want the platinum but I think this mode could be fun if they tweaked it, got rid of the cards tied to 12-0, disabled pause in tto and just made it less of a grind for the plat trophies. I usually do win but going 12-0 is insanely hard with so many going for it and paying others to do it, tto I can almost always get to the end in though so maybe going 12-3 or something would be more reasonable. And I'll always have an issue with zig zag sprinting 30 foot shots going in regularly in any mode. Especially when moving the ball effectively to open shooters so often results in full white bricks. Also steady shooter badge, one of the dumbest game mechanics I've ever seen, and that it is on opal pippen and sabonis 2 of the biggest grind cards that should be amazing is ridiculously stupid.