Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

1 hour ago, LMcNally said:

What’s the best method to up your collector level I’m at 750 right now but it’s kinda hard to keep my my up at the moment

You want to buy all jerseys, playbooks, arenas, coaches, logos.  All of those alone are roughly 1/4 of the collector level.  You also want to do all of domination and get three stars  You get another 200 items just by doing that mode, too.

Edited by grimydawg___

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

You want to buy all jerseys, playbooks, arenas, coaches, logos.  All of those alone are roughly 1/4 of the collector level.  You also want to do all of domination and get three stars  You get another 200 items just by doing that mode, too.

Thank you, any tips on how to make a lot of mt?

Decent update today as they released a free PD Kobe alongside 8 new spotlight challenges. These look quite rewarding as you get all of this just for playing the 8 games:

113 tokens (8 + 24 + 81)

16,024 MT

2 Flash All-Star Reward Packs

1 Diamond Contract

1 Diamond Shoe

Assuming you sell the contract for 13-15k, you're practically guaranteed to make 40k MT off these 8 games, with a shot at 50k+ if you pull a decent shoe or non-trash from the reward packs.

I think the value of doing the spotlight sim games is debatable, but these definitely seem to be worth doing by comparison.

• Like 2

I'm at 2600 cards, but with basically all of spotlight sim to do. Now is not a good time to try to expand your collection as everything is going to be very high demand due to the new historic sim challenges. I was really hoping we'd get historic lineups alongside historic sim, but it looks like it's just going to be the same requirements as regular spotlight sim games. Curious, because these cards are mostly way better (and feature far more iconic players, vs. the first and second year players you got for doing most of the spotlight sim) than those, but are no more difficult to obtain.

• Like 1

@Andrea9281, I am in the same position.  I am at 2,616 cards right now and do not see a clear path to 2,900.  I finished domination already.  I have a lot of spotlight left but that only gives so many cards and is a major grind.  Sim and Spotlight Sims is yet another grind with very limited card output.  

I don’t think they release another major collection at this point, ala the historical card collection they have had every year before. So, it will probably take a major market crash this summer to get to 2,900.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

@Andrea9281, I am in the same position.  I am at 2,616 cards right now and do not see a clear path to 2,900.  I finished domination already.  I have a lot of spotlight left but that only gives so many cards and is a major grind.  Sim and Spotlight Sims is yet another grind with very limited card output.  

I don’t think they release another major collection at this point, ala the historical card collection they have had every year before. So, it will probably take a major market crash this summer to get to 2,900.

I think I can pull it off but it will be a big grind. I agree that we're unlikely to get historical cards. I was really expecting them to be released along with this new spotlight set as requirements for the games, so that's a little disappointing.

When I finish the last bit of TToff I have to do, and every spotlight, I'll be around 700-800k MT minimum, with perhaps 220 cards left to collect. I think even with a market correction (since everything will be absurdly priced the next few weeks due to these spotlights) that I will be able to pull off 2900. But it's going to be one hell of a grind, and not something I'm in a rush to do.

Best advice I can give for the spotlights is to multi-task to the greatest extent possible. It's a great opportunity to finish up the domination evos for a few extra cards, and there are still a few auctionable evolution cards that you can look into flipping for profit (such as Tom Chambers amy -> PD.) The more you can multi-task, the more worthwhile it is to do these.

16 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

I think I can pull it off but it will be a big grind. I agree that we're unlikely to get historical cards. I was really expecting them to be released along with this new spotlight set as requirements for the games, so that's a little disappointing.

When I finish the last bit of TToff I have to do, and every spotlight, I'll be around 700-800k MT minimum, with perhaps 220 cards left to collect. I think even with a market correction (since everything will be absurdly priced the next few weeks due to these spotlights) that I will be able to pull off 2900. But it's going to be one hell of a grind, and not something I'm in a rush to do.

Best advice I can give for the spotlights is to multi-task to the greatest extent possible. It's a great opportunity to finish up the domination evos for a few extra cards, and there are still a few auctionable evolution cards that you can look into flipping for profit (such as Tom Chambers amy -> PD.) The more you can multi-task, the more worthwhile it is to do these.

Are you saying, you are nearing 1,000 TT offline wins?  I am getting close to 300 to unlock another card and think I will stop there, I find that gameplay so redundant.  Surprised I made it that far.

That PD Tom Chambers is one of my favorite cards and I will need it to beat HOF GO Anthony Davis and LeBron James to unlock sim Ty Jerome.  They went OP and cheated me in the 4th Q last try!  I have to keep it, it is filthy. On a tangent, so was he as a player:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Are you saying, you are nearing 1,000 TT offline wins?  I am getting close to 300 to unlock another card and think I will stop there, I find that gameplay so redundant.  Surprised I made it that far.

I am! I'm at 900 something. It is indeed extremely redundant, but I counteract that by basically only doing it when there is a special event (2 chances at vault opening or tokens for every win.) Makes it feel more rewarding, and perhaps more importantly greatly spaces out the times where I'm playing it. Think I did like 100 games on Christmas Eve/Christmas when they had the special though haha.

• Like 1

I am at 2600 cards and I am running out of options. Finished all domination and finishing Spotlight Sims now. I can't afford the Galaxy Opal Cards without spending real money. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Edited by EmperorNeL

34 minutes ago, EmperorNeL said:

I am at 2600 cards and I am running out of options. Finished all domination and finishing Spotlight Sims now. I can't afford the Galaxy Opal Cards without spending real money. Does anyone have any tips for me?

I'm not an expert on the game but i also played games of MyCareer to earn VC, as well as doing the daily challenges and spinning the wheel daily. Once I got some VC I bought some packs and got a few cards that I could sell ( I did get lucky and pick up one Galaxy Opal that I sold for 250K which allowed me to buy more cards. I was also able to sell all shoes and injury cards that I got which do add up after a while). Anyway thats what I did.

• Like 1

And just like that I'm at 2850. 50 more to go. Pretty comfortable with where I'm at. Here's hoping they keep releasing spotlight sims, both current and historic in packs. Should be there in no time lol. Advice for the heat check problem, you could always buy MT.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, King Hayes said:

19 more, and I still have those annoying MyCareer trophies to go for too ugh. Can't wait to platinum this game. Never getting another 2k game ever again smh 

When you get this close, what is the MT cost of cards you are picking up? I cleared 2670 recently and I'm struggling to find anything 3k or less.

6 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

When you get this close, what is the MT cost of cards you are picking up? I cleared 2670 recently and I'm struggling to find anything 3k or less.

At least 50k plus ? been able to find what i consider some snipes at around 30-40k

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

I am at 2620 and there is nothing less than 7K (diamonds).  A few of these used to be around 5K but prices have gone back up a little.

I have not done a lot on spotlights so maybe that is why you have 50 more cards than me and seeing cheaper cards and the market than I am?

7 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I am at 2620 and there is nothing less than 7K (diamonds).  A few of these used to be around 5K but prices have gone back up a little.

I have not done a lot on spotlights so maybe that is why you have 50 more cards than me and seeing cheaper cards and the market than I am?

This is likely it since I have all those done. I also have the vast majority of token reward cards (3 away from finishing diamond tier, finished everything lower and have 11 or so combined PD/GO.) I estimate that I have enough heat check and random premium cheap cards left to get me to 2700 - from there it will get rough.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

This is likely it since I have all those done. I also have the vast majority of token reward cards (3 away from finishing diamond tier, finished everything lower and have 11 or so combined PD/GO.) I estimate that I have enough heat check and random premium cheap cards left to get me to 2700 - from there it will get rough.

True, I have collection rewards left to do.  I have like 550 tokens atm, can’t decide whether to get another galaxy opal or buy up the rest of the Ruby and Amethyst boards first.  Also, I can get a lot more tokens from locking in heat check and series II sets, just have not done it in case I want to liquidate and get coins down the road.

I never purchased any of the GO Token Reward players. Used up all tokens to clear up all boards up to PD. Better investment IMO if you're just trying to get the trophy then no longer playing that mode (which I'm doing lol)

• Like 1