Does Season Pass Include the Online Pass?

LiamKen

Hey all.

I just received a pre-owned copy of the game as a gift and the online pass had been used. I hear the multiplayer was decent so I wanted to check it out. When I have beaten the story I was thinking about buying the online pass but I was wondering if buying the Season pass also includes the online pass?
Cheers

I think they shouldn't have online passes period.

If stores like GameStop, EB Games, etc. shared the profits they made off used games with the developers/publishers then there wouldn't be online passes. If you buy new, they share the profits, if you buy used, they keep all the profits, I wonder why they prefer to sell used games of AAA titles. The online pass is a way to get a % of that money back to the people who actually made the game.

If you bought the game used at Gamestop, your online pass is free. A new code would be at the bottom of your receipt. Gamestop is the only retailer I know that does this and they only do this because they have arrangement with Sony.

Another reason Sony > M$

If stores like GameStop, EB Games, etc. shared the profits they made off used games with the developers/publishers then there wouldn't be online passes. If you buy new, they share the profits, if you buy used, they keep all the profits, I wonder why they prefer to sell used games of AAA titles. The online pass is a way to get a % of that money back to the people who actually made the game.

And the gaming industry is the only one where developers think they should make money on second hand sales. If I sell my truck right now Dodge doesn't make any money off it, so why do game developers insist they should make money off used sales? 

Regardless I buy all my games new so it doesn't matter to me.

If you bought the game used at Gamestop, your online pass is free. A new code would be at the bottom of your receipt. Gamestop is the only retailer I know that does this and they only do this because they have arrangement with Sony.

Another reason Sony > M$

Source? I have never heard that and can't imagine it is true, otherwise why even have an online pass?

Parker

Source? I have never heard that and can't imagine it is true, otherwise why even have an online pass?

Parker

I don't have a source other than the manager of the Gamestop near me and personal experience. I got Twisted Metal last week and got an online code on my receipt. Manager says Sony has an arrangement with Gamestop where they generate new codes for used games. I typed in the receipt code in the PSN store and sure enough, "pop", online pass activated. Still haven't played the game but I had wanted to make sure the code worked.

I'd imagine the reason is to make people want to buy their used games at Gamestop instead of a Mom and Pop store. Works for me.

Maybe call your local store?

I don't have a source other than the manager of the Gamestop near me and personal experience. I got Twisted Metal last week and got an online code on my receipt. Manager says Sony has an arrangement with Gamestop where they generate new codes for used games. I typed in the receipt code in the PSN store and sure enough, "pop", online pass activated. Still haven't played the game but I had wanted to make sure the code worked.

I'd imagine the reason is to make people want to buy their used games at Gamestop instead of a Mom and Pop store. Works for me.

Maybe call your local store?

Huh, you'd think something like that would be all over gaming sites. I'll definitely be giving my local store a call and see what they say. Either way I still buy games new but it is really cool you are able to get the passes for free. 

Parker

• 4 months later...

seeing as no one has replied to this topic as of july 31st, I would say it was safe to assume this thread is dead. BUT i have a little 2 cents contribution to add in, for those reading and getting all excited like i did about 5-10 minutes ago. GAMESTOP DOES NOT INCLUDE A FREE ONLINE PASS FOR USED TLOU

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/dlc/the-last-of-us-online-pass/109920

why would they be selling an online pass separate? perhaps u inherited the game or maybe u got it from some other store.. whatever.. I already presumed that.. BUT i called my store in kennesaw, GA, town center mall and they said perhaps that this guy (bullstomp) just got lucky. I referenced this thread and even gave the words verbatim out of this kid's mouth. They said that it wasn't true. They said he was the one out of a million that got an unused online pass. I will repost and apologize if bullstomp was correct after i buy TLOU used from gamestop. Im buying it used cause i have a $5 off pre-owned game via my powerup rewards points. so in the end im still saving $5 even if i have to pay for the online pass. Im hoping you're right bullstomp. but im highly cynical and skeptical, seeing as my dude from town centre mall says that the information is falsified.