All Passive Abilities required, revealed at last!

Metal Slime King

• 6 months later...

The +30% Glove DEF skill is all I've been missing for the platinum, for ages. I would've made first 50, if not for that. I compared all my armor skills, and figured that had to be it, but also wondered if it wasn't glitched for me. 

Gloves were always the last protection to break, if they broke at all. I think that's how to gain gear skills, right? By taking damage?

I kept replaying an orc Colosseum on hard, going for a very slow victory. Guarding until at least one glove broke, and then salvaging the win (not easy, solo). Lost heart eventually, but it's good to know I was right about the last skill I need. 

Knowing that, I may be able to jump back in the wringer, if I can just read what acquiring that skill was like for somebody else.

• Like 1

@VI_underGROUND Yeah, the armor related DEF boosts you farm by having enemies beat that piece of armor off of you. They were the last hold outs for me as well, particularly arms and legs. When I was grinding them out I would equip low level starter gear on those specific slots as that would ensure they would break way sooner than my good gear. I'd fire up Level 6 on Easy, I think and just let guys beat me up until the cheap gear broke then salvage a win to save progress.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@KacoBeltrao Sorry for the late reply, must've missed or forgotten. I think those base stats are earned like the spells, somewhat randomly while going through the story missions across all difficulty levels. Not entirely sure, I haven't played since I originally posted this thread but I would check if you've done all the levels on all the difficulties and if not try that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got thrust sword boost dmg +20% and +30% but there no piecring sword dmg. Maybe its the same thing?                                                                            And how to kill the last boss?!!!?            

Edited by timberdudl047
  • Like 1

I loaded up this game again to double check and you are correct, it is Thrust Sword Boost, not Piercing Sword. I'll correct that. Yeah, the last boss was pretty tough, I beat him with a co-op partner and we were pretty high leveled. I'll be honest with you, I haven't touched this game since I made the original post. Think we used fire based spells and just hammered him before we got swamped.

• Like 1

@timberdudl047 Haven't really played since I first posted this thread so, take it with a grain of salt but I did also discuss it with my co-op partner. For Staff SPI +5 and +10 I would suggest equipping a staff and spamming spell attacks. For Sword-Shield combo damage +30 we believe you have to select the Sword-Shield style then spam special attacks.

• Like 1

I thought it was a fun little gladiator combat game and ended up really liking it. There is a pvp mode that is obviously DEAD and you'll need to boost. Ideal if you can self boost the pvp with a second ps3. Big grind is get 500 online kills, that's 250 matches. Would advise doing this after going through story mode where your character learns all their spells. Then you can setup alt without armor and two-shot him with fireball - ice blast without moving for fastest possible rounds. Even doing it this way you might be looking at 4-6hrs of grind. Going through the story mode, having 1 co-op partner is super helpful and makes it a lot more fun.

I think it's p2p and not dependent on a server, at least that's the only way I can see it still being up.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I thought it was a fun little gladiator combat game and ended up really liking it. There is a pvp mode that is obviously DEAD and you'll need to boost. Ideal if you can self boost the pvp with a second ps3. Big grind is get 500 online kills, that's 250 matches. Would advise doing this after going through story mode where your character learns all their spells. Then you can setup alt without armor and two-shot him with fireball - ice blast without moving for fastest possible rounds. Even doing it this way you might be looking at 4-6hrs of grind. Going through the story mode, having 1 co-op partner is super helpful and makes it a lot more fun.

I think it's p2p and not dependent on a server, at least that's the only way I can see it still being up.

I ended up buying it.  A dollar seemed like a risk-free price.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 28. 2. 2021 at 5:22 AM, timberdudl047 said:

I still havent combo dmg +30% in sword-shield style. I passed game 3 times in all difficulties trying kill combo hit. What i doing wrong? Please, write how quickly you got this. 

Hey, I see that you have earned the trophy for all passive skills a few days after you wrote this. Would you happen to remember if you did anything special to get that +30% Combo Damage in Sword-Shiled Style? I have been spamming abilities for a long time and I just want to be sure that is the correct way.

• 3 months later...

Hello there. As someone who just got the platinum for this game, I would like to give some important info for those who still need to get all passive skills:

- The STR, SPI, VIT and AGI boosts will all come naturally, by the time you reach max level in all 3 fighting styles.

- Offensive boots have different criteria, for example, Combo Damage is not the same as Damage. As the name implies, Combo Damage can only be gotten by doing combos like Triangle + Triangle (for Dual Blades and Close Combat styles) or Square + Square (for Sword-Shield style). Using a melee skill with a normal attack DOESN'T count as a combo.

- The way to farm offensive skills, like Damage, Combo Damage or specific Weapons, is by selecting a mission were enemies are well armored. Each piece of armor you destroy gives you points for that passive skill you are trying to get, more than simply killing the enemy fast.

- Likewise, when you are trying to get Defensive passive skills, you need to let the enemy destroy as many pieces of equipment as possible, to get the boost for specific parts (Helm, Armor, Glove, Boot, Shield) or specific fighting styles.

That's all what you need to know. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi. Are the servers still active for this title? 

I don't care that the servers are usually empty because I have access to more than one PS3 in my residents.

Do they have to be ranked matches, or can you do them in private matches to earn online trophies? 

This game on the Canadian PS3 Store is $1.49. And I was considering purchasing it.

Any other useful online tips would be helpful, thanks! I'd like to get this game done 100%. 

Update: how do I even connect online? It keeps saying "there is an issue with the connection". Does anyone know why? Please, do let me know. 

Edited by Evil25Illusion

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 11:15 PM, Evil25Illusion said:

Hi. Are the servers still active for this title? 

I don't care that the servers are usually empty because I have access to more than one PS3 in my residents.

Do they have to be ranked matches, or can you do them in private matches to earn online trophies? 

This game on the Canadian PS3 Store is $1.49. And I was considering purchasing it.

Any other useful online tips would be helpful, thanks! I'd like to get this game done 100%. 

Update: how do I even connect online? It keeps saying "there is an issue with the connection". Does anyone know why? Please, do let me know. 

Hello there.

This game features peer to peer connection, so it doesn't use servers per se, the online will stay up forever.

The matches can be done in private but I highly suggest doing them in Ranked just to find your partner faster than sending invites. The game is dead and you should be able to find your partner easily. About the error message, it is something normal in this game, I don't remember exactly the procedure but once you create a room, the other player has to search, just make sure to put the right settings for the match, as there are options to 3 vs 3 players and 1 vs 1, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 2:56 PM, CaracciaMan said:

Hello there.

This game features peer to peer connection, so it doesn't use servers per se, the online will stay up forever.

The matches can be done in private but I highly suggest doing them in Ranked just to find your partner faster than sending invites. The game is dead and you should be able to find your partner easily. About the error message, it is something normal in this game, I don't remember exactly the procedure but once you create a room, the other player has to search, just make sure to put the right settings for the match, as there are options to 3 vs 3 players and 1 vs 1, if I remember correctly.

Thank you for all the information you've provided! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well first of all, thank you so much for this list!, it really helped me tremendously in this game, mostly because I have no idea how many of this passive skills there were until I saw your post, not counting also that the Blade one was misleading since the Katar weapon was treated as a "knuckle weapon" in the game (it had a knuckle icon on it and even in the search function appeared as a knuckle weapon in it category).

Well since I played a lot this game, I have found some tips that I would like to share in get some of the passive skills easily.

First I will start with the Magic ones, as you have seen each magic skill has 3 passive skills to unlock, I actually discovered the requirement to unlock them, you only need to use the magic on the missions a specific amount of times and that's it, you don't need to cast it succesfully or hit any target, with just use it is fine, these passive skills are:

Boost Cost -40: Use the magic 20 times (in total)
Boost Cooldown -5: Use the magic 70 times (in total)
Boost Chant Time -15: Use the magic 120 times (in total)

Now if you want to farm it fast, here is a strategy that I did:

First: Play the game normally until you unlock the Magic Aura skill and the passive skills: Magic Aura Boost -40 and Cooldown -5 and the SPI +4 and +6.

Second: Go to the Set Skills option and set the skills like these:

Up part (Combat)

Magic to farm 1
Magic to farm 2
Magic to farm 3 (optional)
Magic Aura

Down part (Passive)

Magic Aura Boost Cost -40
Magic Aura Cooldown -5
SPI +4
SPI +6

Third: Play the First mission: Damned Ruins on either Veteran or Brave difficulty (Legend also works too but is risky if you have low equipment), then kill one foe and leave the other two to the AI, then go to a far away place of them and start to spell the magic that you want to boost and then cast the Magic Aura in last, it will recover fast the magics that you are farming so you can spell it again in no time, stay in the mission until you feel you are done with it (but remember to finish the mission before the time limit of 30 minutes or you will fail the mission).

And that's it, personally I have had to farm various of those magics since I never used them in battle (some of them I found it quite useless).

Another small tip that I would like to mention is in farm the Defense's gear passive skills a little easier, a good way to do it is to play the Mission 9: Necropolis Arena on Novice difficulty (don't try it on Veteran, Brave or Legend, it's actually quite hard and luck based to even finish the mission in those difficulties), play that mission if you only want to farm the defensive skills for the Shield, Armor, Helmet and Glove, just play that mission with a cheap or weak gear and let the foes destroy it, still personally I don't think is necessary since sooner or later you will get those passive skills while you play the missions in all the difficulties but if you still are missing one defensive skill (or try to get the Passive Complete trophy as soon as possible), try it there.

Now probably you noticed that I didn't mentioned the boots before, it's because the foes of mission 9 don't tend to attack your legs but luckily I found a great place to farm the defensive skill for the boots and is on the Boss of the mission 12: Roar of Neptune, just go to that mission in any difficulty with a good equipment except on the foot/legs, the Boss in that mission tends to use pretty often an attack that goes directly to your legs in which sooner or later they will destroy your leg's gear (and also gloves sometimes) and with that you will unlock the boots defensive skills easily without much hassle.

Now for the rest like Weapons, Combat Styles and Base, you will get those naturally if you change weapons and combat styles in your journey but if not, a good place to farm those skills (along with money and gems) is to play the Mission 18: Sealed Gate, when the mission start turn back to the door and stay there killing the 2 foes that always appear in the door and leave the 2 AI patners to fight the Boss (it will take time to them in kill the boss, giving you time killing the boss minions in the door).

Well looks like that is all I can say, I hope it helps you!.

• Like 1