Trophy Thoughts?

Andrea9281

Anyone else played this in the past? I tried it on PC the year it came out and found it to be incredibly good. It's quite simple to get engaged with, but has a substantial challenge to it. It's fully turn-based, so something that people with not so great reflexes or familiarity with football games can get into. And there's no pay to win nonsense like you see in other sport games.  Basically, a great game for people who don't typically like sport games.

The list is fairly simple, but could be quite difficult since you need to win the first division and two knockout tournaments on hard mode in the same year. Most of the rest should be relatively easy though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I must have played this for 7 hours total yesterday.  I'm about 1/3 through my second season.  I'm sure I'll start a second career once I figure everything out, maybe on hard mode.

I have a passable knowledge of football (played some growing up and enjoy watching the World Cup) but I am a huge fan of tactics games, and this is the right balance of simulation and sport for me.  The price is a bit steep for anyone on the fence, so I'd recommend waiting unless you are really certain, and if you are looking for something that is a play-by-play simulation of the real sport, this isn't that.

Also, the game starts out extremely easy, so don't base too much on your first games.  Once I played teams in my first cup or in the third league, it became more of a challenge.  I won a game in the 90th minute by stealing possession and burying a bicycle kick (which I didn't know was in the game) on a cross and it was glorious.

Edited by WavesOfActivity
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

FYI -- I am the only plat achiever on this site since almost no one plays this, but believe it or not this might be my favorite game of the year.  I think I put around 200 hours into it on hard mode.  I had to intentionally relegate myself at the end to get some trophies I missed as I ascended through the leagues, but nothing was too difficult.

This is a game that will appeal to less than 1% of people, but I found it really enjoyable.  It's more of a strategy game that happens to be about soccer than a soccer game with strategy, so keep that in mind.

The trophy mentioned in the first post is the hardest.  I tried legitimately twice, replaying a season each time to try again.  On the 3rd try, I lost the last tournament on PKs and decided I'd revert to a save...

Edited by WavesOfActivity
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, WavesOfActivity said:

FYI -- I am the only plat achiever on this site since almost no one plays this, but believe it or not this might be my favorite game of the year.  I think I put around 200 hours into it on hard mode.  I had to intentionally relegate myself at the end to get some trophies I missed as I ascended through the leagues, but nothing was too difficult.

This is a game that will appeal to less than 1% of people, but I found it really enjoyable.  It's more of a strategy game that happens to be about soccer than a soccer game with strategy, so keep that in mind.

The trophy mentioned in the first post is the hardest.  I tried legitimately twice, replaying a season each time to try again.  On the 3rd try, I lost the last tournament on PKs and decided I'd revert to a save...

Did you actually play a large portion of your games? I have a play through I’m currently doing where I just try to sim and manage my way to the top. 

10 hours ago, PFinchen said:

Did you actually play a large portion of your games? I have a play through I’m currently doing where I just try to sim and manage my way to the top. 

I played them all until the very end when I was grinding tournament trophies that I had missed.  If you sim it can probably be done a lot quicker, especially once you get some decent players.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WavesOfActivity said:

I played them all until the very end when I was grinding tournament trophies that I had missed.  If you sim it can probably be done a lot quicker, especially once you get some decent players.

Gotcha, I enjoy playing it both ways so I was more curious than anything. Really enjoying this game. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...