Activision Cautions Investors Over Next-Generation 'Uncertainty'

skinner49

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/01/activision-cautions-investors-over-next_2d00_generation-uncertainty.aspx

ghosts610.jpg

On its second quarter earnings call, Activision has cautioned investors about the second half of its fiscal year (as it did during the first quarter). CEO Bobby Kotick identified new competition as one reason, but has pinned some of the concern on Sony and Microsoft.

On the call, Kotick cited uncertainty around next generation promotion, product allocations, and release dates as some reasons that the publisher will have a tougher second half of the year. He also identified consumer purchase hesitation related to new hardware, which could slow adoption of next-generation titles.

Is it a cause for concern or not? Hmmm...

What Activision got besides the same old stuff year after year with COD and an Gimmicky knockoff called Skylanders, to be honest nothing really. Haven't bought an game of theirs in years that's not released before 2008, Still point being COD is now slowly fading from the spotlight and we need some new blood that'll make things interesting. 

What Activision got besides the same old stuff year after year with COD and an Gimmicky knockoff called Skylanders, to be honest nothing really. Haven't bought an game of theirs in years that's not released before 2008, Still point being COD is now slowly fading from the spotlight and we need some new blood that'll make things interesting. 

Well, they have this little game called Destiny. People seem to be pretty interested in that.

Parker

He's probably afraid that people will wake up and realize Call of Duty is rehash after rehash and Ghosts won't meet their expectations.

I actually agree with this. Every year, more and more people fall off the CoD bandwagon. If you look at the stats on this site alone, the peak of CoD was with Black Ops and the number of users have been in a steady decline on every iteration since. At this stage of the cycle they are probably doing focus testing and realizing people are not as hyped to play with a dog as Activision may have hoped.

Well, they have this little game called Destiny. People seem to be pretty interested in that.

Parker

Never heard of it. PS3, PS4 or both?

I actually agree with this. Every year, more and more people fall off the CoD bandwagon. If you look at the stats on this site alone, the peak of CoD was with Black Ops and the number of users have been in a steady decline on every iteration since. At this stage of the cycle they are probably doing focus testing and realizing people are not as hyped to play with a dog as Activision may have hoped.

it's on all consoles, ps3 / ps4 / xbox 360 and XBONE, no word yet if it will be on PC and Wii U though.

made by bungie and will be published by activision. 

Parker

Some people but not me. Still there are others who aren't interested in Halo cloned FPS games. Still I'm standing by my statement that Activision don't have much outside of those wait let me change that those outside of their popular games, clones and licenses. 

Parker

This ^

I think it looks great. (also that's the e3 guys talking not the voice acting )

Edited by Ramonalicious

Show me a franchise that sells as much as CoD, specially for this generation consoles, then we talk ok?!!! Tired of people nagging about CoD, if the game is rehash so a lot of other tittles.

An entire company cannot rely it's finance and their existance on a single game or franchise.

But nothing is happening, they're just concerned about this next game generation, and the uncertainty by Sony and Microsoft on releasing solid dates. It's normal, any publisher company should be concerned if an investment made on these new consoles will be worth. Imagine if they make a large investment on new tittles for PS4 and XBoxOne and the game sells of these cannot meet desired.

I used to play a really good game on PC, made by Activision, called Act of War, it is a strategical modern warfare game, really good.