Surprise DLC

You

Keep in mind that Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate may get its own trophy list when it releases in February.

Could just be that 4 Ultimate will be like Freedom Cry for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. It is a DLC for a main game, but then releases as a standalone with its own trophy list. (Except in this case it's likely to be much larger and far more grindy than WO4 was in the way WO3U was to WO3)

Or it could work like Dynasty Warriors 8 XL. If you didn't play the vanilla version you basically had to do everything from scratch + XL's stuff right? It's been a while so I don't remember how the games worked.

As long as DLC has DLC trophies, im fine.....Attack on Titan 2 DLC should have trophies....I ain't playing the dlc if I already know watch the anime....and manga. I don't mean to sound like a trophy whore but I aint paying no $40 for Attack on Titan 2 upgrade dlc https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-CUSA08956_00-AT2EDEN000000000. Dont know what Koei was smoking when making that decision...

Im glad they learn that mistake and not do it with WO4U.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Keep in mind that Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate may get its own trophy list when it releases in February.

Could just be that 4 Ultimate will be like Freedom Cry for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. It is a DLC for a main game, but then releases as a standalone with its own trophy list. (Except in this case it's likely to be much larger and far more grindy than WO4 was in the way WO3U was to WO3)

Or it could work like Dynasty Warriors 8 XL. If you didn't play the vanilla version you basically had to do everything from scratch + XL's stuff right? It's been a while so I don't remember how the games worked.

Koei Tecmo seemed to have changed their tact in recent years. It seems like they had an XL, Ultimate of everything at one point to the extent where they saturated the Warriors series with their own releases.

However Dynasty Warriors 9 came out, after maybe 2 or 3 years of not a single new Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors release. Dynasty Warriors 9 is absolute shite, but there is no XL or Empires for it, similar features seem to have been rolled out as DLC and no other versions planned, which is a break in tradition.

Warriors Orochi 4 is a welcome return to form, or at the very least they are still using the old engine and game style when the games were at their peak. DLC in this release might stop the need to keep releasing new games for the same games and just release them as DLC. They might make DLC and new trophies for the soon to released PIrate Warriors 4. Time will tell.

Having said that that, they recently re-released Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 with all the DLC included, literally the exact same game but with a NEW trophy list. (In Japan)

So who knows what they are planning at this point.

Edited by enaysoft

On 12/25/2019 at 8:54 PM, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Anyone know the name of the dlc so I can buy it 

How do I unlock the dlc trophies 

Im also confused at this, is the dlc trophy actually ultimate version game? most likely to me.

Edit: sounds like there will be an upgrade pack later for WO4 to make it into Ultimate lol

(probably after release of WO4U)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Ah I see.

Well, I got the game a year ago on half price sale, still haven't got around to playing it as still playing other warriors games. Still, will definitely be waiting for a price drop on the DLC.

Thanks for the heads up about the DLC.