Locomancer broken?

Briste

So I just finished the main quest line and have gotten every waypoint there is but nothing popped. I checked online and there is supposedly a waypoint in the Templar Laboratory, but I don't see one. It doesn't look like anyone has gotten this trophy either since December 15th. Did this become unobtainable with the new league? I couldn't find anything else except for one person asking the same question here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2697282/page/1#p22684002

Has anyone heard anything about this? I did see this was broken once before and they fixed it....hopefully they do it again if it really is broken.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

So I just finished the main quest line and have gotten every waypoint there is but nothing popped. I checked online and there is supposedly a waypoint in the Templar Laboratory, but I don't see one. It doesn't look like anyone has gotten this trophy either since December 15th. Did this become unobtainable with the new league? I couldn't find anything else except for one person asking the same question here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2697282/page/1#p22684002

Has anyone heard anything about this? I did see this was broken once before and they fixed it....hopefully they do it again if it really is broken.

Yeah, it is broken as of now. They removed the way point in the Templar lab, so you can only get 90/91 right now. I would make a post yourself on the board, the community managers are pretty quick to respond, even if it is to just acknowledge the issue. It may take a while to get it changed though. I was asking about the trophy descriptions for the shaper fragments and the cartographer trophies, as they are currently incorrect. They said that they knew about it, but it was not a priority to get them fixed. That was at the start of the league and they still are not changed. Making noise may get them to get on it sooner.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Yeah, it is broken as of now. They removed the way point in the Templar lab, so you can only get 90/91 right now. I would make a post yourself on the board, the community managers are pretty quick to respond, even if it is to just acknowledge the issue. It may take a while to get it changed though. I was asking about the trophy descriptions for the shaper fragments and the cartographer trophies, as they are currently incorrect. They said that they knew about it, but it was not a priority to get them fixed. That was at the start of the league and they still are not changed. Making noise may get them to get on it sooner.  

Well that's a kick in the nuts....thanks for the feedback. I posted on the forum there on the link I provided above. Hopefully if enough people say something they can fix it again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Briste said:

Well that's a kick in the nuts....thanks for the feedback. I posted on the forum there on the link I provided above. Hopefully if enough people say something they can fix it again.

Yeah this game in general has been a pain to plat. Between changing the requirements on trophies, resetting the atlas, hiding shaper away in 3.9, I was really glad to be done. Good luck to you, hopefully they fix it sooner rather then later.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hojny said:

I've got the same problem, but I thought that in the lab, the portal appears at a later stage of tasks from Zana. :\

It does not. I have cleared all the way to the awakener fight, which is the last step in the quest. The one you are missing is the one in the old Templar Lab. They did remove it, but they did not remove it from the requirements. Until they patch it this trophy is one hundred percent broken. 

Edited by XileLerinril

Hi there,

Thank you for the message. I can confirm that this waypoint has been replaced with a new one later in game.

I hope that this helps and if you need anything else please let us know.

Best regards,
Rob

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hojny said:

Interesting, it seems that there is one in a new area called the Karui Shores after the Sirus fight. I don't recall there being one there, but I already had it by time I got there so I was not really looking for one. That said some people on the POE forums are saying that even after getting it and being 91/91 they are still not getting Locomancer. Only one person has gotten it since 3.9, so I am going to guess they already had Templar Lab and needed one of the others. Maybe you need a new character that was made after 3.9 launched. If so that is really lame, having to level a new character and being able to beat Sirus on him.  

On 1/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, Solarus755 said:

Has this been resolved? Completionist here really wanting to play the game, but not if it's an impossible 100%

Does not look like it. From what I have been able to gather the way point that was in the templar lab has been moved to an area you can only get to after you beat the new Uber boss. That said no one has gotten the achievement on Xbox since the update and only one person has gotten it on PSN. I am assuming the one from PSN already had the bugged one and just had to get a normal one. The Uber boss is tough, but people should be killing him by now, so there should be at least a few people getting the trophy. I cant check as I already had it before the patch but I am inclined to say that this game is currently bugged. When I asked the community manager about updating the trophy descriptions for the cartographer trophies, as they are now very incorrect, the response I got stated that they may get around to it at some point, but that it is tedious and they are not that concerned with it. Therefore if this is bugged I would not expect a quick fix. When the game launched on PS4 Locomancer was bugged to start, and had been bugged on Xbox for over a year. They only fixed it about a month after launch. I had somebody else ask me this on another thread but I will mention it here as well, unless you just have to play this game I would skip it. It runs like shit on PS4, crashing every hour or so, massive rubber banding and frame rate issues make certain skills impossible to use, and the economy suffers from massive inflation. What may cost 3 or 4 ex on pc will go for 30 ex on here. The trade market is controlled by a few price fixers, so buying anything good in standard is impossible. I soldiered through and got this done, but coming from someone who likes Diablo style games, this one is a train wreck on console. 

• 1 month later...

Once I beat Sirus, I was placed on the Karui Shores.  Used the way point there and nothing.  I think its just the same one from Epilogue Oriath, because you lose access to that one after you finish Sirus fight.  After Sirus, I went back to hideout and ran a few maps, then stopped for the night.  The next day, I ran a few maps, then I did some delving.  When I tried to leave Nico's Encampment, it would not let me go to my hideout.  This happens from time to time, so I just went to the Aspirant's Plaza and then to hideout, and pop, I got the trophy.  Good luck if want to try bouncing around way points after beating Sirus and see if that might work for you.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, Karumph said:

Once I beat Sirus, I was placed on the Karui Shores.  Used the way point there and nothing.  I think its just the same one from Epilogue Oriath, because you lose access to that one after you finish Sirus fight.  After Sirus, I went back to hideout and ran a few maps, then stopped for the night.  The next day, I ran a few maps, then I did some delving.  When I tried to leave Nico's Encampment, it would not let me go to my hideout.  This happens from time to time, so I just went to the Aspirant's Plaza and then to hideout, and pop, I got the trophy.  Good luck if want to try bouncing around way points after beating Sirus and see if that might work for you.

Man its been a couple a months since I go the plat but I keep checking here to see whats up. Saw you had it and that you posted and got kinda excited to see an explanation finally. Its a shame it still seems to be messed up, but since GGG has still not fixed the cartographer trophy descriptions I am just going to assume they do not care. 

I'm to the point where I can fight Sirus (only took off about 10% health my first try before giving up) and will try this and see what happens if I manage to beat him. I might be able to get Master Cartographer tonight. I have influence for all four Elderslayers on my map...just need to get their citadels to pop. Running the low tier maps with influence doesn't seem to work as quickly as it did before Sirus popped the first time.

I'm using an Elemancer build and Drox gives me the most trouble, but I devised a decent strat that works well enough. Just out of curiousity...how did the Sirus fight go for you? My screen got extremely pixelated and I had a real hard time seeing anything. Then his cloud of death blocked the door and I died when I tried to zone in :( 

On 3/2/2020 at 11:33 AM, Briste said:

I'm to the point where I can fight Sirus (only took off about 10% health my first try before giving up) and will try this and see what happens if I manage to beat him. I might be able to get Master Cartographer tonight. I have influence for all four Elderslayers on my map...just need to get their citadels to pop. Running the low tier maps with influence doesn't seem to work as quickly as it did before Sirus popped the first time.

I'm using an Elemancer build and Drox gives me the most trouble, but I devised a decent strat that works well enough. Just out of curiousity...how did the Sirus fight go for you? My screen got extremely pixelated and I had a real hard time seeing anything. Then his cloud of death blocked the door and I died when I tried to zone in :( 

So once you get so many stones they stop being guaranteed. Before that point it was always three maps and they showed, then after it became random and it could take hours between appearances. They are adding a counter to the map for the next league that will show you how long till they will show up. As for Sirus, he more or less tanks the PS4. If you get a death cloud over the spawn there is nothing you can do. There are videos out there showing how to avoid doing this, but it can be hard because his damage boxes do not match the visuals and he causes so much lag as to be total rng if you can win. A large parts of the POE community, at least back when he came out, considered the fight to be total bullshit. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Locomancer appears to be working but glitchy....I just beat Sirus (by the skin of my f'n teeth) and got to the Karui Shores. It didn't pop when I got there. Having read what @Karumph did, I figured I'd give that a try bouncing around to a few waypoints to see if it popped. I then used the waypoint in Karui to travel to another town in a different act. Then I used it to go back to Karui, then I went to Niko and the Azurite mines, then I went to the Aspirants' Plaza...when I got there it popped. So similarly to Karumph, I just had to bounce around using the waypoints before it popped.

Good luck to everyone else trying for this trophy...the new league starts in a few days so who knows if they'll break it again....but if you been to Karui shores...give it a try.

• 10 months later...